Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

How long does a Biometric ID???

Hello guys, I'm just wondering how long does it take to get hold of the Biometric ID???

i think it depends on the ECO who check the application..my friend got her BRP only a month but mine !'m still waiting until now. i submitted my application last 20 Dec. I've done my Biometric 14 of Jan..

Just pray that everything will be alright..

Hi LeoLady! Just so confused. I've been reading some of the thread here and some said they got their biometric ID two weeks or they have it first before their approved visa.

I guess you are right. i got my FLR/LIMITED LEAVE TO REMAIN last 28 of December and until now im still waiting for my BIOMETRIC ID.

Help...

Help!! Basically, i don't really know much about this biometric id??? Is it like a normal ID??? Do i need one or will i receive one???

I thought that i will get one after my biometric done in the post office and after my visa approved. And its been almost 4 weeks since my documents arrived and i havent received one. We've been trying to phone the number in the site to inquire, but it is always busy(answering machine). Atlast, last night i was able to get through to them, but the guy was so unhelpful(he pause alot in the middle of conversation). He asked my case ID number and said call tomorrow my computer hang up! I asked my husband to call back maybe they would entertain him. Unluckily, it's the same guy and even my husband find it difficult and frustrating to talk to him. My husband even tried to get his name, but he said we dont give names, not our policy! And said I dont need a biometric id.

We had a little bit argument with my husband because i believe i should receive a biometric id and my husband thinks i dont need one because my visa is approved already and he thinks its the one in my passport. (very funny situation...we just had a laugh after we are discussing about the man on the phone... )

Wheww.. that was very detailed. sorry for that! i really need your advice guys. I know most of you have been through this things and had experience and know better than i do......

Maybe I missed the answer to this, but did you attend a Biometrics appointment?
    Did you have you 'Biometrics captured' and results checked (fingerprints and photograph)?

Hi Terpe. Yes i did, after i received the letter that was oct 11, 2011. i went to the post office stated in my letter from the home office(POPLAR post office).

The biometrics card IS the visa ..... they don't stamp anything "new" in your passport.

Have they returned your passport yet ? The biometrics card arrives by seperate post at a later date.

I think in our case, about 10 days after the passport.
    I'd suggest that if more than 2 weeks goes by (after getting your passport returned), you should be on the blower to them on a daily basis.
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Biometric ID it looks like a license card. its odd that until now you haven't received your biometric id yet, usually they followed the biometric id after you received your passport and visa approved about 3-7 days. since that was 4 weeks ago don't stop to call the immigrations about it until you get it..
    Lift everything to God and He will make a way

Hi Bluebirds and Leolady!

Thank you for replying. I do appreciate it very much. Yes, we will phone them again today. Just wondering if there is another number that would be direct? Is there any situation/intances that one is really not meant to have Biometric ID???

@Leolady: How's everything in your part? Keep me updated. Just keep praying everythings runs smoothly.....

Quote Originally Posted by milesaway1113 View Post

Thank you for replying. I do appreciate it very much. Yes, we will phone them again today. Just wondering if there is another number that would be direct? Is there any situation/intances that one is really not meant to have Biometric ID???

@Leolady: How's everything in your part? Keep me updated. Just keep praying everythings runs smoothly.....

still waiting for it. yes i am praying that everything will be alright.. my friend says that after she received her documents with the letter saying that her application approved then after 3 days she received her BRP(RC).. Good luck

hopefully it will goes smooth for me and just praying it will be alright.. this is the number 0300 123 2412.

What should I do if my biometric residence permit is not delivered?

If you have not received your permit 10 working days after the date on your letter from us extending your permission to stay in the UK, you should phone us on 0300 123 2412. You cannot ask about undelivered permits in person at our public enquiry offices or biometric enrolment centres.

Your biometric residence permit will be securely delivered by courier to the address you have provided to us. On delivery of your permit you will be required to sign for it and show identification such as your passport or driving licence. If you are not present when the permit is delivered, the courier will leave a calling card containing contact details so you can rearrange delivery. You must contact the courier as soon as possible.

If you do not rearrange delivery the courier will send you a reminder letter. If you still do not rearrange delivery of your permit the courier will attempt a second delivery. If you are still not present and the courier is unable to deliver your permit to you the UK Border Agency will be notified of the failed delivery.

We will then send a reminder letter to you advising you to contact the courier as soon as possible to rearrange delivery. Your biometric residence permit will be held by us until you make contact to request delivery, or until it reaches its expiry date.

If you do not contact us and your biometric residence permit reaches its expiry date the permit will be cancelled and destroyed. You would then have no permission to stay in the UK and we will send a second letter to you informing you of this and advising you that, if you intend to remain in the UK, you must make a fresh immigration visa application and a new appointment to provide your biometric information.

Hi again Leolady,

Just be patient in waiting for your papers. Waiting really is the tricky part of it because it stress you a little bit and scares you a bit, but It will be alright. Is it FLR???

Thanks for the info. And Yes, ive been through and read those info you posted and that is where i got their number. Me and my husband was trying to contact and it is very hard to get through to them. But anyway, im talking of patience.

keep in touch and cheers!

hello milesaway113, yes it is FLR. if you cannot contact them through that number then call the immigration enquiry i think that's the last thing you could do 0870 606 7766. i think you should not wait this problem because this was 4 weeks ago already. just shake the home office building if you could just to give it the biometric id of yours

LOL.... We will give it a try tomorrow again. And ill try that number too. thanks.

Would you mind if i asked what was your visa before?

LOL.... We will give it a try tomorrow again. And ill try that number too. thanks.

Would you mind if i asked what was your visa before?
    i had fiance visa before then apply for flr? what about you?

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLady View Post
    i had fiance visa before then apply for flr? what about you?

Was on student visa....

Was on student visa....
    i see i hope you get your biometric id soon as well as mine hoping to receive the positive results.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLady View Post
    i see i hope you get your biometric id soon as well as mine hoping to receive the positive results.
    Hi Leolady,

I was able to get through to them last friday. I checked my email this morning and got email saying i wont receive a biometric ID because its already in my passport.

Guess not everyone get a biometric ID then..

Hope yours will be a good news soon... keep me updated! Good luck..

Hi Leolady,

I was able to get through to them last friday. I checked my email this morning and got email saying i wont receive a biometric ID because its already in my passport.

Guess not everyone get a biometric ID then..

Hope yours will be a good news soon... keep me updated! Good luck..
    alright that's good to hear, yes i am hoping mine also and keep updated to you

Thread Information