Talking about NHS. I totally agree and i think we best make use of it before its too late.
We have been paying taxes all our lifes and we just take the freebies for granted.
I know most people doesnt like hospitals due to their own experiences but hey its all free.
Free acquired new diseases but still free treatment!
But the most important thing is when you have your regular check ups. I reckond have your blood test done regularly, and how fit is your heart.
Now heart does really matter. I work in a cardiac place where we put pacemakers and defibrilators.
And you will be surprise how much they cost.
A Biventricular Internal Cardioverter Defibrilator is £20,000! Simple pacemakers and defibrilators are about £8,0000 to £10,000. And the battery last for about 6 to 8 years. Now theres your tax that you have been paying since you were what?
That metal stents in your arteries cost about £700 and if you have 3 of them in your heart you've got a full metal jacket plus a free supply of your tAblets as maintenance.
Everytime we do procedures like this specially on a 90 year old patient.....i always think "you deserve it!"
Thats why a lot of filipinos are trying to bring their families over in the UK. And i will definitely do the same.