Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Anyone know of any decent Boracay hotels at a reasonable price?

I was originally going to Puerto Galera but my tax for this year wasn't as high as I anticipated so we may go to Boracay instead for the first time.

Just want to know of any hotels that are reasonable and that can be recommended.

I had a look on trip advisor and the majority seem a bit pricey but I came across a hotel called The Island Jewel Inn at station 2. Anyone know of it or any others?

Respected Member
    I stayed at The Red Coconut in April 2010, it's right on the beach and about 2 mins walk from DMall, and has a good pool, bar and facilities. I had a nice little cottage in the gardens at the back. I think it was about 2500 a night. Nothing in Boracay is cheap.
    I'd happily stay there again, the staff were pleasant, the room was comfortable and the price was good for the location

speaking of boracay nothings beats the mini boracay in davao in my opinion might not exactly as the well known"expensive boracay" but worth trying

http://www.pearlfarmresort.com/

A place for everything, everything in its place.

Banned
    My recommendation is avoid. Over priced and hyped - your money will go a lot, lot further in less pretentious resorts elsewhere.

The striping starts with the air ticket high price and miniscule baggage allowance. Thankfully we only flew one way - outta there, after 3 nights it couldn't have come soon enough for me

We stayed at the Mandarin Oriental at Station 2 and it's the worst hotel I've stayed in in Asia so id avoid that one.

Dedworth yes totally agree ridiculously low baggage allowance!

Tone

Agree with you Dedworth, not very impressed. We were a party of eight and as I was picking up the bill deciding to go by boat via Batangas to Mondoro, long van drive down the island then another boat across to somewhere called Caticlan, I think, then trycycles and another boat. Total nightmare, worst boats I have ever seen. Hotels were way overpriced, most of the other tourists seemed to be Koreans, found a good place for breakfast one street back from the strip at the English bakery.
    Could not face the boats again so dug deeper and flew back to Manila. That was the nicest part of the trip.

Fairways at bluewater is ok but try ocean breeze i would recomemdthem

Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    I was originally going to Puerto Galera but my tax for this year wasn't as high as I anticipated so we may go to Boracay instead for the first time.

Just want to know of any hotels that are reasonable and that can be recommended.

I had a look on trip advisor and the majority seem a bit pricey but I came across a hotel called The Island Jewel Inn at station 2. Anyone know of it or any others?
    hi me and my hubby just went there last July 2011 and our hotel is @ station 2 The tides Hotel very very nice!!!!! ;') look at this website http://www.agoda.com/asia/philippine...des_hotel.html and u can also look for other hotels ....but for me the tides is the most nice hotel at station two costs a bit but not too much like others1!!plus the roof deck pool weow my hubby loves it also hehehe...we really enjoy our time there

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    We stayed at the Mandarin Oriental at Station 2 and it's the worst hotel I've stayed in in Asia so id avoid that one.

Dedworth yes totally agree ridiculously low baggage allowance!

Tone

Hello Tone, we have same experience at mandarin hotel, yes its is so TRUE, mandarin is very worst hotel in station 2, at boracay , staff of hotel not clean our room when we stay for 3 days, room are dirty sand scattered on the floor and bed. we not stay there next time, we planning we go to palawan EL nido legen... its very lovely island . try to look on it this site. maybe you will change your mind.

Banned
    Willies Beach Club Hotel. Look it up in MyBoracayGuide on the internet. Right next to the iconic Willies Rock.

We have also stayed at the Boracay Regency but that was more expensive.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    Agree with you Dedworth, not very impressed. We were a party of eight and as I was picking up the bill deciding to go by boat via Batangas to Mondoro, long van drive down the island then another boat across to somewhere called Caticlan, I think, then trycycles and another boat. Total nightmare, worst boats I have ever seen. Hotels were way overpriced, most of the other tourists seemed to be Koreans, found a good place for breakfast one street back from the strip at the English bakery.
    Could not face the boats again so dug deeper and flew back to Manila. That was the nicest part of the trip.

If perish the thought the Philippines was on the radar for Boozed Up Brits Abroad I'm sure Boracay would be their resort of choice.

Banned
    I dont completely disagree with some of you chaps on Boracay. In our case it was a first for me and my wife wanted to go there which was the main reason we went. I did enjoy Boracay, but like I said in another post, the street vendors could be a complete distraction and it was overcrowded even in June. I didnt see any sign of rowdiness, loutishness or boozed up anybody abroad.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    I didnt see any sign of rowdiness, loutishness or boozed up anybody abroad.
    Nor did I but I think there soon would be if the Kiss me Quick Cheap-Laughs got there

I really enjoyed our 5 days there - we spent a few good days on the beach - reminded me a little of Kuta Beach on Bali - great sunsets, its just a place most people have to go and experience once.
    We took a flight from Manila to Caticlan and then I treated ourselves to a Helicopter Transfer so we got to see the island from the air - fabulous and obviously a very fast transfer to the resort...

As for the resort itself I have no complaints except for hotel - but I have stayed in worse in the Canaries and had to put up with a lot more noise!

Tone

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar

Hey Jamie! Go to this site, I know the guy who owns this..he offers lots of Boracay packages.. http://boracaybestdeals.com/
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Cheers guys.

I agree with you ann,,my husband and I are planning to visit Palawan.we had been lived there when I was in My elementary.and now as I have seen in ineternet, Palawan is really a great place to go.

Cheers guys.
    hi look at this a personal pic at the tides hotel boracay station 2 roof deck .. very very nice hotel ;')

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

Quote Originally Posted by aronbabev View Post
    I agree with you ann,,my husband and I are planning to visit Palawan.we had been lived there when I was in My elementary.and now as I have seen in ineternet, Palawan is really a great place to go.
    Wow that would be so fantastic vacation... soon we go there when things are better. i love the place El Nido Legen, puerto princessa palawan.. maybe we met there in island soon, in god's will. hehehe

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    A bit late now, but here's a couple of sites with some decent prices. Wow Philppines also have packages for 3 days and 2 nights which have some nice places.
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...R3y67xG4-L1w2Q

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...zDFcWAgJkr5YSQ

So did you end up going to Boracay?

Puerto Galera is much more affordable in my opinion, I don't get what you mean by your tax not being as high as you thought. Can you explain a bit more?

Anyway, hope you have a great time wherever you wind up =D

Lee

if you prefer nice quiet place while in boracay try look for hotels in station 1 or station 4

Quote Originally Posted by fluentlee View Post
    So did you end up going to Boracay?

Puerto Galera is much more affordable in my opinion, I don't get what you mean by your tax not being as high as you thought. Can you explain a bit more?

Anyway, hope you have a great time wherever you wind up =D

Lee
    I didn't go because something important cropped up but will be going in June instead.

As for the tax, it was to do with my earnings. I miscalculated. Fortunately my accountant didn't.

we stayed at La Isla Bonita resort at station 3 P1500 /night,that's the cheapest accommodation they got but if you need my opinion try to visit Coron or El Nido in Palawan,more things to do than in Boracay...just my opinion tho.

Respected Member
    if you prefer nice quiet place while in boracay try look for hotels in station 1 or station 4 -when did they build station 4 ? Fairways at bluewater is ok but try ocean breeze i would recomemd them -havent been to boracay myself but a relative stayed in oceanbreeze for 3 nights in feb -only 900 peso per night for fan room -check their facebook

Thread Information