Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

British Filipino Dual Citizenship for child

Hello everyone!

I recently gave birth August of 2011. My husband and I and our daughter are planning to go home this year. We want to know how to get a dual filipino and british passport for our daughter. We are planning to go on October this year and My daughter and I will stay longer for about 2 months. If she doesn't have Filipino passport do we have to get a visa for her to stay longer in the Philippines? ie. we plan to get her passport on June. How long will that passport last considering she will only be less than a year old by that time. Any help or information will be very much appreciated. Thank You very much!

Jonny and Wina

Trusted Member
    Which country are you living in now, and where was your baby born.....UK or Phils ?

Respected Member
    baby born in UK and we are all living in UK

Trusted Member
    Well, my boy was born in a similar situation but he is 18 now....so a long time ago.

We took him to the Phils the first time when he was only 3 months old, and I had got his own (British) passport for him at age 2 months.
    We stayed in the Phils for 4 months that trip.
    I'm sure he didn't require a visa for the Phils at that stage because he was under a certain age....and accompanied by his mother, a Filipino citizen. You need to check with the Phils DFA to find out what that age is now, and any other up to date information.

When he was about 2 years old I got from the Phils Immigration what is called a 'Certificate of Recognition'....meaning he was recognised also as a Filipino citizen, so no visas required to enter and stay in the Phils, whatever age (but NOT a Filipino passport).

Having his own British passport also meant that he could travel anywhere with just one parent accompanying him.

Just go to the British passport website to apply for a passport for your baby. I think the first one is valid for 3 years...maybe 5.

Here aged about 8 months, and already been to Phils and back, including living 4 months in the province:

Respected Member
    how did he react with the weather?

Trusted Member
    He was fine and suffered no ill effects.

Naturally we paid careful attention to keeping him cool...only with fans, as no aircon, and out of the sun.

Also he was breast-fed right up to 2 years old, which helps to reduce the risk of infections.

To be honest I can only recall him having one fever during the several extended (many months) trips he had there up to being 4 years old.

It is of course important to make sure that any young child has had all vaccinations before being taken out of the UK, and is generally in good health.

Helping with the ducks:

Respected Member
    I'm not sure the procedure from the uk but my son was born in phils and has both passports (strangely enough they stamped both passports on departure). I'm sure it will be of great benefit

Thread Information