Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    The workshop is a full day. My wife took the workshop, in July, about a week or so before she took the TOEIC tests. As I recall the workshop covered all tests and at that time she had to pay for the full day workshop, not part.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joy_86jm View Post
    Hi guys! Just wanted to ask if how many days the workshop for speaking only? The listening and reading test has different type of exam like classic Toiec, redesign Toiec , and bridge . Which type of exam to take for listening and reading? Hope anyone can help. Thnx
    Joy, I am not an English language expert by any means, but judging from the English used in your posts you may not need to do the workshop. Having said that, the workshop simply gives you some familiarity with the exam itself, the question format and the setting etc. Many on here have done without the workshop and been succesful but others have found it beneficial. My wife entered the exam room with more confidence having done the workshop. She also met others in a similar position to herself, when she did the 1 day workshop.

I personally think the workshop was very useful for Rina - if you have the money I'd recommend it - it could be the difference between a pass and a fail - but as said your written English is good - but its speaking that has to be right in this test.

Good luck with it - I am sure you will pass easily!

I Highly recommend Hopkins for the TOEIC exam. Staff are really approachable. Exams result are so fast. Thanks Juvyjones for recommending Hopkins.I'm really pleased with my test result without any workshop..God bless to all who are taking their English exam..

Quote Originally Posted by aronbabev View Post
    I Highly recommend Hopkins for the TOEIC exam. Staff are really approachable. Exams result are so fast. Thanks Juvyjones for recommending Hopkins.I'm really pleased with my test result without any workshop..God bless to all who are taking their English exam..
    Wow thats great. Congratulations ate Nora!

Smile

thanks juvyjones for the info.I chose hopkins as well.I will be taking my exams next month.I am just quite nervous and thinking if i am going to attend their workshop,i have been using their online practice tests to get me used to the type of the exam.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gladz View Post
    thanks juvyjones for the info.I chose hopkins as well.I will be taking my exams next month.I am just quite nervous and thinking if i am going to attend their workshop,i have been using their online practice tests to get me used to the type of the exam.
    Hopkins also give you more practice papers when you attend the workshop.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi juvy, can i ask you a question is it true that you had taken an exam on ielts only for listening and speaking? because i read also to their policy of u.k border that i just need to pass it the exam for listening and speaking only, is that true? thank you so much.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by happie View Post
    Hi juvy, can i ask you a question is it true that you had taken an exam on ielts only for listening and speaking? because i read also to their policy of u.k border that i just need to pass it the exam for listening and speaking only, is that true? thank you so much.
    I asked Hopkins (and others) the same question and this was the reply....

Dear LASTLID,

Yes, we are confirming that the skills requiring English proficiency scores are just the Listening and Speaking skills. We are assuming therefore that whatever other data that may be seen on the submitted document (e.g. score report card) should not affect the application.

Effective July 17, the minimum TOEIC score requirements are as follows:
    Listening - 60 (out of total attainable score of 495; 12%)
    Speaking - 50 (out of total attainable score of 200; 25% )

Regards,
    TOEIC Philippines

You will also notice how low the requirement is for passing at A1 level. Though it seems that may change in April.

12% and 25% respectively.

Note that the score info above relates to TOIEC tests and not IELTS

Quote Originally Posted by happie View Post
    Hi happie , When I had my TOEIC I took both Listening & Reading and Speaking only test. If your going to take your TOEIC at Hopkins then you are required to take both L & R as it is a package. Its not mandatory to take both Listening & Reading as the UKBA only require Listening and Speaking only test. Not sure if other english test providers accept Listening test only but maybe you could find out and share your experience here. Goodluck and God bless!

@ Lastlid, well done! thanks for posting your advice to their queries.

hello everyone, I just want to ask if IELTS exam is like TOEIC exam? I'm from Batangas and there is no hopkins here but there is IELTS review (niner) and I will take IELTS exam . thanks

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    hello everyone, I just want to ask if IELTS exam is like TOEIC exam? I'm from Batangas and there is no hopkins here but there is IELTS review (niner) and I will take IELTS exam . thanks
    Hi, Firstly, are you applying for spouse visa? make sure you use the UKBA approved test provider.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    It's the same but different format. Read this thread for some idea.. http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ighlight=IELTS
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

thanks raynaputi
    @ juvyjones28, I will apply spouse visa after we get married this coming July but I'm now preparing my documents for english certificate. We are planning to have a civil wedding on July, can I apply for a spouse visa on August? thanks

thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information