Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Post Marrying my Filipina Girlfriend here in London

I'm in a relationship with a wonderful lady from Rizal, Philippines who is here in UK on student visa till Feb 2013.
    I was married to Filipina before for 20yrs sadly this marriage broke down although this lady was in no way part of the reason as we only met in 2011.
    As we speak my divorce from my first filipina wife is going through under the 5 year separation rule and is expected to be completed within the next 2 months. theres no issues regarding the divorce and my ex is in a settled relationship and I wish her every happiness.
    I researched about marrying a filipina and was told I needed a Certificate of Approval but have since found out this has ceased through Immigration Newsletters I receive.
    I'm wanting to know if after my marriage is dissolved and I apply to a register office here in London will there be any specific requirements needed for me and my Fiancee to marry.
    I really know in my heart I want to spend my life with her and I would be so disappointed and unhappy If I was to lose her through some Immigration Rule.

I would appreciate any advice

regards

Jack

Jack ....
    After the divorce, there's nothing to stop you re-marrying.

However, please do note, getting married to "Jill" does not mean she has automatic rights to live & remain in the UK.

She will still have to apply for a spouse visa..... which in most cases will mean returning to the Philipinnes after her student visa expires, and then re-applying.

.... you can try & get her original visa changed, but there's no guarantee that this will happen.

Best of luck
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Hounslow West?You used to have that wet fish shop there,I used to get really fresh fish from there till it closed down,nothing to do with your post,sorry,just reminiscing.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I was speaking to a guy who married a Filipina in Hampshire who was here on a Student visa and he had said his wife did not need to return to Philippines in fact he petitioned her 25yr old daughter to come here,
    I'm hoping that after the marriage I can then change her status to spouse visa and apply for FLR on the completion of this.
    I really dont want her returning to Philippines and having to go through the process of bringing her back to UK as we are all pretty much aware what ECO officers are like in Manila.

I do hope we can sort this out without too much hassle from HO or UKBA who she is presently under.
    She works like many filipina here in the Care Industry and is qualified to Level 6 Administrative Management and is a asset to the company she works but UKBA place restrictions on her.

I do want to reiterate this marriage is for love not for getting her FLR or PLR she is a amazing lady whom I have really fallen for and I know above all that I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

Hello there Jack, welcome to the forum.

In principle, yes your g/f can switch from student visa to spouse visa.

The main thing is to prove that any marriage is genuine and to actually get married whilst her current visa is valid so that she can submit an FLR(M) application before expiry. She also needs to be sure that all the requirements of the rules for spouse visa are met, including those on maintenance, accommodation and English language

Additionally she will need to demonstrate that she has fully complied with her student visa requirements, the UKBA will require documents proving this, when when making the visa swtich.

Not all cases are exactly the same.
    To be really sure to have full compliance of the requirements and the appropriate supporting documents it's important to review the UKBA application form and associated notes.

The Application Form FLR(M) is here

The FLR(M) Guidance Notes are here

we are all pretty much aware what ECO officers are like in Manila.
    Don't misunderstand the requirements. They will be in line with what the ECO's are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack1969_uk View Post
    in fact he petitioned her 25yr old daughter to come here,
    r.
    did he get her daughter here? it would be difficult if not impossible as she is no longer a minor unless her daughter was totally dependent on her.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Sorry mistype she is 15yrs old not 25 and yes she is here and settled in school before ttending college here.

marrying in UK o

Hi everyone! I just would like to ask something I feel related to the topic...I have a friend who is England now with the visit visa which I believe different from special visa. They plan to get married in England before she comes back here in the Philippines. They already went to the registry and will have their wedding on the 8th of February 2012. I am wondering if it will affect her next visa application since she is in a visit visa, she supposedly not allowed to get married but they said the embassy can't do anything about it anymore once they are married in England already for as long as she comes back before her visit visa expires and plan on changing her Philippine passport change to married status and will be applying on june for a spouse visa already. Is this possible, what will be the consequences of this? will it not affect her future application for spouse visa? I am just wondering coz I told her that it might affect but she insisted that the embassy usually can't do anything about it anymore for as long as the marriage in England is legal even so they did it during her visit only and they are very positive that she will be granted a spouse visa then. Thanks

Hi everyone! I just would like to ask something I feel related to the topic...I have a friend who is England now with the visit visa which I believe different from special visa. They plan to get married in England before she comes back here in the Philippines. They already went to the registry and will have their wedding on the 8th of February 2012. I am wondering if it will affect her next visa application since she is in a visit visa, she supposedly not allowed to get married but they said the embassy can't do anything about it anymore once they are married in England already for as long as she comes back before her visit visa expires and plan on changing her Philippine passport change to married status and will be applying on june for a spouse visa already. Is this possible, what will be the consequences of this? will it not affect her future application for spouse visa? I am just wondering coz I told her that it might affect but she insisted that the embassy usually can't do anything about it anymore for as long as the marriage in England is legal even so they did it during her visit only and they are very positive that she will be granted a spouse visa then. Thanks

In principle this is just like having the special marriage visit visa where you get granted 6months visa to get married then return home.

Visa deception is the reason why is gets ever more difficult for genuine honest couples.
    I'm not suggesting in any way this case is that serious, but in principle it's the same.

I just have to ask the question, why not just apply for the 6 months marriage visit visa?
    It's the same cost and duration, then there is no question of deception. Seems like a pointless strategy to me and only leaves them with some doubts from UKBA for no good reason.

In this case you describe there is no loss of money to UKBA. There is of course 'technically' some deception and it's unknown just how UKBA will react to that. To say that nothing can be done is rather naive.

If any action will be taken can only be known when the spouse application is made in June. If the application is rather weak in some areas, UKBA would take the view that the applicant is lying again and may refuse the visa application.
    Also don't forget that the spouse visa application will ask about previous visits to UK, the dates and the purpose, when and where the marriage took place etc.

If UKBA want to be difficult they may request much stronger evidence to support being a genuine marriage and not a sham marriage. Who knows?

In any event the deception will need to be revealed on the UKBA Spouse Application form, unless your friend intends to submit false statements. Now that would be very serious.

Silly position to put oneself in really.

Thanks for the reply Terpe. Honestly, I don't agree with them from the very beginning. I know this person personally and you're right people, visa application gets harder for genuine honest couple because of this people doing deception. I am sad because from the very beginning, she gets the visa through deception. She denied that she has 2 kids here in the Philippines. On my conversation to her, I even doubt that she was actually married before but she is able to get a Philippine passport using her single family name, she said she won't have problem then in getting married there in UK coz the registry just ask her passport and visa, does not really require the certificate of singleness from the Philippines. What they are trying to do now then is getting a lot of pictures together going to different places in England, going out with families and friends to show the UKBA that there is a genuine relationship yet behind it was still deception. I honestly do not agree with what they are doing coz I also personally known real genuine honest couple who tried to get settlement visa but has been refused couple of times. I hope UKBA will be fair enough in giving visa to applicants...well, I must believe that there are just people really good at deceiving people : ((

Thread Information