Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    seems a bit strange all you guys seem to keep on meeting women who never even ask you for any pera , so where did i go wrong
    Maybe you have MUG written on your forehead

I find you quite insuling to those who have found real love through dating a site. Who are you to tell people 'how' they should meet?? or who they should fall in love with. All of us here are hard working people who save hard to see our wives and girlfriends overseas, we are not claiming benefits you know.

If you went to Phils 'splashing your cash' around, it's hardly surprisig you found the 'wrong' sort. Maybe take a leaf out of some of the lucky people here to have found the 'right' one.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Trusted Member
    Maybe you know it but why make assumptions that everyone else does

The government have to come up with some figure or would you prefer it if they dont even ask anyone what proof they have of supporting their "sweetheart" when she arrives in the uk

i put it to you some deluded fools have to be saved from themselves when they fall in love
    Hold it there my friend.

Anyone reading your posts would rapidly come to the conclusion that it is YOU who are making a lot of assumptions here.

The membership of this forum includes people from all walks of life and with a wide variety of experiences concerning relationships between British and Filipino people.

Most members try to give honest advice simply as adults with both life-experience, and in most cases experience of relationships with Filipinas.
    YOUR knowledge on the subject I'm happy to say is not unique, and I'm sure your opinions will be considered along with those of every other contributor.

As a rule it is a very friendly forum where we get along very well ...possibly DESPITE our different experiences and backgrounds.

Graham i suspect this guy is a wind up & a bogus member... maybe from a different forum

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

stevie c

Any forum in particular?

One fil/uk forum i personally don't wish to associate with

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    Graham i suspect this guy is a wind up & a bogus member... maybe from a different forum
    He might be James Hubbard in disguise

Trusted Member
    Who's that...L.Ron's son ?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    i believe they took their time to get to know the right ones
    Yes you are right there, normally after a couple of days i get the usual hints/demands for money for all kinds of bola bola reasons so i just move on to the next one

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Maybe you have MUG written on your forehead

I find you quite insuling to those who have found real love through dating a site. Who are you to tell people 'how' they should meet?? or who they should fall in love with. All of us here are hard working people who save hard to see our wives and girlfriends overseas, we are not claiming benefits you know.

If you went to Phils 'splashing your cash' around, it's hardly surprisig you found the 'wrong' sort. Maybe take a leaf out of some of the lucky people here to have found the 'right' one.
    I did not tell anyone how or where they should meet their "sweetheart" i just gave my honest opinion on internet dating sites

i never thought or implied anyone on this forum is claiming benefits i just stated that 26k is a low figure and that seems to have upset most of you

I dont throw my money around when i am in the philippines, actually i am quite thrifty when i am over there after visiting there many times and over many years i know what price to pay for most things

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Hold it there my friend.

Anyone reading your posts would rapidly come to the conclusion that it is YOU who are making a lot of assumptions here.

The membership of this forum includes people from all walks of life and with a wide variety of experiences concerning relationships between British and Filipino people.

Most members try to give honest advice simply as adults with both life-experience, and in most cases experience of relationships with Filipinas.
    YOUR knowledge on the subject I'm happy to say is not unique, and I'm sure your opinions will be considered along with those of every other contributor.

As a rule it is a very friendly forum where we get along very well ...possibly DESPITE our different experiences and backgrounds.
    I dont see life through rose tinted glasses and my posts on this forum reflect what i have found on my travels in and around the philippines

what would you advise the gov should set the figure at then if 26k is too low

remember that if he earns less than this, maybe he will be entitled to claim certain benefits, which if he is, he is then legally entitled to, also his spouse unless she has at least ILR cannot cliam benefits.
    also if they have kids, either his step kids or their own born in the phils or in the uk, he can legally claim benefits for those step kids, and if they are british then they have the same rights as any other British citizens who have kids and claim benefits.

anyway this minimum income will be scrapped once it gets to court, the gov has a record at winning any cases
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    I am not a member of any other forum so you are barking up the wrong tree there !

Because my views may differ from your views does not mean i am here to wind anyone up

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    what would you advise the gov should set the figure at then if 26k is too low

remember that if he earns less than this, maybe he will be entitled to claim certain benefits, which if he is, he is then legally entitled to, also his spouse unless she has at least ILR cannot cliam benefits.
    also if they have kids, either his step kids or their own born in the phils or in the uk, he can legally claim benefits for those step kids, and if they are british then they have the same rights as any other British citizens who have kids and claim benefits.

anyway this minimum income will be scrapped once it gets to court, the gov has a record at winning any cases
    Ok you asked for a figure so i would say at least 30k a year minimum for someone wanting to bring another person to live in the uk permanently also they should have at least 10k in savings also

most spouses apply for ILR asap = hardly long enough in my book 10 years would be better

not all spouses remain with their partners after they get the "magic" stamp in their passports and many of them then go on to claim benefits as well

Banned
    Who's that...L.Ron's son ?
    "Hubbard" was also on here posing as a Black man - "Fertile One" I think

Feeding time

I am not a member of any other forum so you are barking up the wrong tree there !
    Sounds like you have an agenda here then..... so what tree are YOU barkin up??
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

how can a figure of 26k to keep 1 spouse be a fair minimum amount, when the govermont expect

1 single person on benefit to be able to live on per year ,.............................. £5,155.80p,

example how employment and support allowance has been worked out,

living expenses ......................................................................................... £71.00
    extra money towards housing costs .............................................................£6.18p

(limited capability for work addition)

extra money because you are in the work related activity group...................... £28.15p

which gives a total income related amount....................................................£105.33p

deductions for housing costs .................................................................... £6.18p

which makes a total weekly amount of..........................................................£99.15

now thats an example of a minimum 1 person is expected to live off, so how can 26k be justyfied,

unless they pay bennefits of 26k if they say this is a minimum to keep 1 person

Banned
    now thats an example of a minimum 1 person is expected to live off, so how can 26k be justyfied,

The government seem to want it both ways....

Trusted Member
    Maybe because he's from London, and on the Lord Mayor candidate debate on the tv the other night, I heard £26,000 p/a being quoted as the average Londoner's salary.

Obviously anywhere outside of the capital is of minor interest to anyone in power, or living there.

Banned
    Maybe because he's from London, and on the Lord Mayor candidate debate on the tv the other night, I heard £26,000 p/a being quoted as the average Londoner's salary.

Obviously anywhere outside of the capital is of minor interest to anyone in power, or living there.
    I think looking at the stats that 26k is the national average. So I will wager that the London average is higher. Indeed it is.
    http://career-advice.monster.co.uk/s...s/article.aspx

http://www.payscale.com/research/UK/...Salary#by_City

I don't think he would of stated this figure if he was earning less than that or was on minium pay...IMO he justs shows a total lack of respect for all the other couples & families that this will cause very much pain & destruction to.

how can a figure of 26k to keep 1 spouse be a fair minimum amount, when the govermont expect

1 single person on benefit to be able to live on per year ,.............................. £5,155.80p,

example how employment and support allowance has been worked out,

living expenses ......................................................................................... £71.00
    extra money towards housing costs .............................................................£6.18p

(limited capability for work addition)

extra money because you are in the work related activity group...................... £28.15p

which gives a total income related amount....................................................£105.33p

deductions for housing costs .................................................................... £6.18p

which makes a total weekly amount of..........................................................£99.15

Exactly.. End of argument.. Say no more.. Case closed!!
    Goodnight.

Yes you are right there, normally after a couple of days i get the usual hints/demands for money for all kinds of bola bola reasons so i just move on to the next one
    i may as well add my thoughts now, what a sad person you must be to pick these ladies, then for them to ask you for money, and then you have the gall to move onto the next, you sort give everyone a bad name, best bet for you is to save your money and dont get involved with anyone

I don't think he would of stated this figure if he was earning less than that or was on minium pay...IMO he justs shows a total lack of respect for all the other couples & families that this will cause very much pain & destruction to.
    Here Here! Well said that man. Nice one steve.

Thanks Andy

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    i may as well add my thoughts now, what a sad person you must be to pick these ladies, then for them to ask you for money, and then you have the gall to move onto the next, you sort give everyone a bad name, best bet for you is to save your money and dont get involved with anyone
    well said

and well said Steve

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Sounds like you have an agenda here then..... so what tree are YOU barkin up??
    Sorry to gatecrash the "everyone is so loved up and happy" party but single men can enjoy themselves and have a good time as well you know

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    The government seem to want it both ways....
    The government are just asking these guys to prove that they can support their sweethearts surely they have the right to do that ?

Respected Member

Some guys living outside London need to get real and think how much money they really need to support 2 people

Respected Member
    I hope and wish everyone can be with their partners and live happy forever

just prove you can support them surely thats not to much to ask !

Thread Information