Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Well with London salaries and London's attitude it seems us lesser mortals are doomed to have fallen in love with someone that he obviously doesn't want us to let into the country. Some people work really hard and will never reach 'London' salaries.... why do you think they deserve less of a life because they fall in love??
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Banned
    Not just London Steve. Aberdeen is expensive to live in too, for example.

These flat rate criterion are being used a lot by the UKBA and take no account of regional variances in cost of living etc.

I mused over that when our Spouse visa was being compiled as it is much more expensive to live here in the IOM than in Manchester, for instance.

"Down one place from last year, London (18) is the UK’s most expensive city, followed by Aberdeen (144), Glasgow (148) and Birmingham (150). Belfast (178) is ranked as the UK’s least expensive city".

http://www.mercer.com/press-releases/1311145#Europe

The income thresholds proposed by MAC had more to do with the income needed to support the family “without them becoming a burden on the State” than defining an income threshold at which people could support themselves.

As we all know, currently you need to prove you can support yourselves by providing evidence of 'affordability'. Means not just gross income but also taking account of how much is left after taking out the non-discretionary spending. Quite a different approach, and in my opinion one which is both fairer and more sensible.

The point of having a gross income threshold is solely to settle on a level at which no income-related benefits would be received.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    The income thresholds proposed by MAC had more to do with the income needed to support the family “without them becoming a burden on the State” than defining an income threshold at which people could support themselves.

As we all know, currently you need to prove you can support yourselves by providing evidence of 'affordability'. Means not just gross income but also taking account of how much is left after taking out the non-discretionary spending. Quite a different approach, and in my opinion one which is both fairer and more sensible.

The point of having a gross income threshold is solely to settle on a level at which no income-related benefits would be received.
    I am with you there. I just feel that using a flat rate across the length and breadth of the country is inappropriate. Having said that I appreciate it would be more difficult for them to do it in any other way. And realistically I sense it wont change anyway.

I wonder if UKBA will stop allowing co-sponsors or third party sponsors for financials?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I wonder if UKBA will stop allowing co-sponsors or third party sponsors for financials?
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    well if 26k in your opinon is not enough to support 2 people, then maybe you should be telling the gov this and asking them to increase the minimum wage to your figure

do you have a figure that should be applied to Europeans in the UK wanting to bring their spouse?

also what about the earning potential of the spouse, my wife earns double what i earn, in a few years she will earn 4 times what i earn

why should there be a minimum figure, if the British partner is entitled to claim benefits, then it is their legal right to claim those benefits, and so it should be whether his wife is british, european, asian or from planet mars
    if someone wants to import another person into the uk then surely the government has the right to ask that person how they plan on supporting that person

we all know that this country has been flooded with eastern europeans but the government cant do anything to stop it and thats why the government keeps "banging the drum" about non european immigrants = they have to been seen to be doing something

i doubt very much that saying that your partner is going to work in the uk when they arrive here is going to help anyones visa application

its all too easy for some guys who have a short holiday in south east asia or meet a girl on one of the many dating sites and fall in love and then decide to bring their "sweetheart" to the uk without even giving it a thought as to how they will be able to support her when she gets here

last point most of these girls want their relatives supported back home as well !

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    London_Manila..

Good wind up idea but I think you are a bit out of your league here mate..
    wrong i am just trying to move the debate forward

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Well with London salaries and London's attitude it seems us lesser mortals are doomed to have fallen in love with someone that he obviously doesn't want us to let into the country. Some people work really hard and will never reach 'London' salaries.... why do you think they deserve less of a life because they fall in love??
    I really do feel sorry for some of these guys but there has to be some kind of control on these matters

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post

last point most of these girls want their relatives supported back home as well !
    Mine doesnt.

wrong i am just trying to move the debate forward
    Really?????????

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Mine doesnt.
    Nor mine.

But I guess someone who can afford to spend 15000 peco on electric a month does not have to worry about supporting 'some sweethert from a dating site' right???

Quote Originally Posted by Nick30 View Post
    Here's another petition just like the last one so let's get behind this:
    Here's the link:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/32167
    Ive done it too

Trusted Member
    if someone wants to import another person into the uk then surely the government has the right to ask that person how they plan on supporting that person

we all know that this country has been flooded with eastern europeans but the government cant do anything to stop it and thats why the government keeps "banging the drum" about non european immigrants = they have to been seen to be doing something

i doubt very much that saying that your partner is going to work in the uk when they arrive here is going to help anyones visa application

its all too easy for some guys who have a short holiday in south east asia or meet a girl on one of the many dating sites and fall in love and then decide to bring their "sweetheart" to the uk without even giving it a thought as to how they will be able to support her when she gets here

You're not dealing with a bunch of newbie idiots here. We KNOW all this.

What IS unfair is the 'one size fits all' approach by the government...similar in fact to the assumptions you are making about the members on this forum and their INDIVIDUAL experiences, circumstances and motivations.

as a Brit, i want the same rights as a european living in the UK has, that is a virtual legal right to bring your partner and kids here, or is that too much to ask ?

if the gov wants to let people from europe come to the UK and claim benefits then surely the citiziens of GB should have a say in this matter, being a taxpayer i want a legal right to a vote on being in the EU. for countires built on democracy, 1 vote on the EU in the last 30yrs is not democracy but a dictatorship.

i agree that non europeans are the easy targets the gov will pick on.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I am not here to wind anyone up actually, i was just giving another side of the debate

I have been down this road myself in the past and have had many a fight with immigration

I stand by my last last post 26k is on the low side for someone about to bring another person to reside in this country
    26k PLEASE GET REAL YOU ARE LIVING ON ANOTHER PLANET MATE

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

if someone wants to import another person
    IMPORT IMPORT,,,,,,,,,,,, please please its not baggage your handling, maybe you think the ladies should be loaded in the cargo hold

you sure you not an mp

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    IMPORT IMPORT,,,,,,,,,,,, please please its not baggage your handling, maybe you think the ladies should be loaded in the cargo hold

you sure you not an mp
    My thoughts too.
    Maybe we can get a discount on a container-load.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    My thoughts too.

theres not enough available containers, the illegal imigrants are using them

My thoughts too.
    or at least save on shipping costs
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

or at least save on shipping costs
    Great news, I have booked Philand Ynterlink to do the job

Banned
    Great news, I have booked Philand Ynterlink to do the job
    Yes, but I regret to tell you that they will be subject to import duty at the standard rate......

Trusted Member
    You cruel people.

Respected Member
    Really?????????

Nor mine.

But I guess someone who can afford to spend 15000 peco on electric a month does not have to worry about supporting 'some sweethert from a dating site' right???
    I dont use dating sites on the net

I will leave that to the deluded fools who think they have found love on some website

Trusted Member
    I dont use dating sites on the net

I will leave that to the deluded fools who think they have found love on some website

Ah, you must mean like me and the young lady in my profile pic ?

Yep, I'm a real deluded fool.

Must remember to send her that first brass farthing that she's never asked me for.

Respected Member
    You're not dealing with a bunch of newbie idiots here. We KNOW all this.

What IS unfair is the 'one size fits all' approach by the government...similar in fact to the assumptions you are making about the members on this forum and their INDIVIDUAL experiences, circumstances and motivations.
    Maybe you know it but why make assumptions that everyone else does

The government have to come up with some figure or would you prefer it if they dont even ask anyone what proof they have of supporting their "sweetheart" when she arrives in the uk

i put it to you some deluded fools have to be saved from themselves when they fall in love

Respected Member
    as a Brit, i want the same rights as a european living in the UK has, that is a virtual legal right to bring your partner and kids here, or is that too much to ask ?

if the gov wants to let people from europe come to the UK and claim benefits then surely the citiziens of GB should have a say in this matter, being a taxpayer i want a legal right to a vote on being in the EU. for countires built on democracy, 1 vote on the EU in the last 30yrs is not democracy but a dictatorship.

i agree that non europeans are the easy targets the gov will pick on.
    yes you have the right to bring anyone into the uk
    all the government is doing is just asking people that they can support them

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    26k PLEASE GET REAL YOU ARE LIVING ON ANOTHER PLANET MATE
    26k is not a high figure for someone wanting to bring another person to live in the uk

what figure would you like?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post

you sure you not an mp
    Permanently reside in the uk

Respected Member

Ah, you must mean like me and the young lady in my profile pic ?

Yep, I'm a real deluded fool.

Must remember to send her that first brass farthing that she's never asked me for.
    yes the young lady is maganda i will give you that

seems a bit strange all you guys seem to keep on meeting women who never even ask you for any pera , so where did i go wrong

yes the young lady is maganda i will give you that

seems a bit strange all you guys seem to keep on meeting women who never even ask you for any pera , so where did i go wrong
    i believe they took their time to get to know the right ones

Thread Information