Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Done! Probably by the time I get to that stage they would have made it impossible for me to bring Viva here! I would be earning more had it not been for the recession, not having a salary increase since 2008 with no sign of one this year, + my bonuses being a 5th of what they used to be!

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Steve,
    I kind of thought along the same lines as you, partly because I am unfamiliar with ILR and partly because we just don't know where changes in the regulations are going to take us.
    Thank god for article 8 eh?
    Yes Lastlid i fully agree thanks for article 8 as we are both in the dark with this ILR business

Respected Member
    signed.

Petition signed!...
    I have no hope of earning the figures they are now quoting and havnt had a rise in salary for 7 years. ...but hopefully as my missus applies for ILR in May we should be ok.

I think this is to combat pakistanis marrying their cousins and living in 10 bedroom council houses in bradford with their mums and dads and sisters and brothers and their partners just like the huge family compounds back home in islamabad

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Quite right Tawi, and that's what makes it all the more galling.

Our rights as British citizens are being steadily eroded due entirely to the cheating and fraudulent behaviour endemic in certain immigrant sections of society.

Our country is lost to us .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I think this is to combat pakistanis marrying their cousins and living in 10 bedroom council houses in bradford with their mums and dads and sisters and brothers and their partners just like the huge family compounds back home in islamabad
    Similar analysis as per my post #9

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    I understand the Govt is thinking along the lines of between £18,700 and £25,700 pa.

This may well have been brought about by abuse for example from Mr M Uslim of Blackburn who is on benefits, has 3 "wives" all living with their 4 kids in Council housing and is applying to import a 4th from Karachi.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Similar analysis as per my post #9
    Surely ... if Home Office officials are as AWARE of WHO the offending culprits are - as they CLAIM to be - then there SHOULD be no necessity for inflicting the new proposals on the likes of Filipino and/or other immigrants seeking to come to in a LEGITIMATE capacity.

Trusted Member
    Not allowed to discriminate my friend.

All must be tarred with the same brush.

Something not quite right there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Surely ... if Home Office officials are as AWARE of WHO the offending culprits are - as they CLAIM to be - then there SHOULD be no necessity for inflicting the new proposals on the likes of Filipino and/or other immigrants seeking to come to in a LEGITIMATE capacity.
    Yes. And surely there must be a common sense way of refining the processes in such a way that the culprits are dealt with and the system is more fairer. Perhaps just a tad more thought required....

Thats the problem - common sense is just not that common!!

We need more signings guys.
    We've got 104 up to now but try and get any family and friends to sign it too

Quote Originally Posted by Nick30 View Post
    We need more signings guys.
    We've got 104 up to now but try and get any family and friends to sign it too
    I agree with some restriction on immigration such as the appalling greed by some "extended families" but this is not the way to achieve a fair system so I have signed the petition and hope many more do the same!

For all those who have signed the petition make sure you also click the validation link sent to your email by the government site otherwise you will not be counted!

Respected Member
    done!

Respected Member
    i cant believe how they can impose such rules upon us.. its against all of our rights.. so what they mean is if your in the higher wage bracket your fine but if your working class your screwed..

Respected Member
    steve im also worried.. :( this has thrown us off track as we are also planning to start the spouse visa later this year :(

Hi Rob yes it surely affects all the working class i cant believe that my wife has been here on a spouse visa for 2 yrs this year & she may well face the prospect of being deported over this disgracefull & utterly disrespectfull ruling it it will bring heartbreak too many genuine relationships

Respected Member
    :( im in bad form steve.. cant believe this is happening.. im off to work.. talk to you later bud.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    Hi Rob yes it surely affects all the working class i cant believe that my wife has been here on a spouse visa for 2 yrs this year & she may well face the prospect of being deported over this disgracefull & utterly disrespectfull ruling it it will bring heartbreak too many genuine relationships
    i cant imagine in circumstances such as yourself that they would deport, the fact that she is already here must be taken into account surely

steve c, you should know by now that's just not going to happen at all.

Yes talk to you later Rob chin up mate i a bit down & concerned also

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    steve c, you should know by now that's just not going to happen at all.
    I really hope not Terpe i suppose its just me worrying im a born worrier if the truths known.

I

Trusted Member
    Just signed this petition

I really hope not Terpe i suppose its just me worrying im a born worrier if the truths known.
    It was very clearly stated in the goverment consultation document that the proposed minimum income threshold was only for sponsors of spouses and partners.

The very worst case scenario for those already here in UK on a spouse or partner visa is that the 2 year probationary period before spouses and partners can apply for settlement (ILR) be increased to 5 years.
    This would implicity limit access to non-contributory benefits by the extra 3 years.
    Any entitlement of the spouse or partner (who is a British citizen or has settled status here) to child benefit and child tax credit would be unaffected.

How these proposed changes would be introduced has not been revealed, but my best guess is that there would be a considerable transition period for those already here in UK.

Hope that helps to reduce your concerns.

The word 'deportation' does not appear in any of the documents relating to this government proposal.

Thanks for the reassurances terpe i feel a whole lot more at ease now you have explained some of the issues

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    The word 'deportation' does not appear in any of the documents relating to this government proposal.

Chinese whispers

well 1623 looked but how many signed ?looks like i will have to work 23 hrs to bee in a chance to get near there limit and 1hr of sleep

i only see 110 signitures on the petition page so far

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    done

Thread Information