Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    And ... for the record, Stevie & Lasttlid can BOTH rest easy that - come what may - their respective marital partners will NOT find themselves adversely affected by ANY of the proposed changes.
    Thanks for the positive words Arthur but i cant keep from worrying that when Florsel applies for her ILR in october that she could be deported over this new rule

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Surely if you show that you have a reasonable amount of cash in the bank this would offset someone who is just below what they class as enough income to support your spouse.
    Rules are rules Rory once they have set them its end of story. They wont give any leeway.

As for ILR AND FLR I think they were talking about extending it to 5 years. I might be wrong though. I would just like to say thanks to everyone who has signed the petition.

I am earning good money at the moment but in 5 years time i do not know where and what i might be doing. 10 years from now i will be 55 and plan to not be in this country but nobody knows what will happen or what rules are in force anywhere. I will just have to bite the bullet like the rest of us and get on with it,

Trusted Member
    Don't forget, your wife will be allowed to work.

No way will they be throwing people out of the country.

You should get all your family and friends to sign this too. We need more and more signatures. Let's show them what we're all made of lol.

Hello everyone....can I sign this petition...I'm still herein the Philippines but planning to apply for a spousal visa this coming April or May....I think this proposal is really unfair....

Hi everyone...goodmorning, Me too I am still here in the Phils., can I sign in also the form for the Petition? Me & my husband more worried to think about this. Many thanks for the info.

DONE

thanks!

Adam
    ADAMGRACE

Quote Originally Posted by Nick30 View Post
    This wouldn't be so fair on us not bringing our wife/husbands to live with us if we have to earn around 26 grand.
    Let's all get behind this and sign this petition which needs 1000 signatures.
    Here's the link:
    http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/15349
    have signed this
    if the government decide to press this there is nothing we can do
    this will be unfair to genuine couples if it goes ahead

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    if i remember correctly , in the govs new proposals, you need to have at least the minimum income when you apply for ILR, FLR or for a settlement visa, thou i would have thought there would be a transition period for those soon to be applying for ILR maybe FLR?.

also i can't see the HO deporting people become of not reaching the minimum income, that would be that you've been here near 2yrs, married to a British citizen and then told to leave, can't see it happening, not with article 8. more likely and common sense might be that you would have to apply for FLR or keep applying for FLR until you reach the minimum income. so stopping those from claiming ILR and recourse to public funds.
    Thanks for that viewpoint. Cheers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    lastlid, just to put your mind to rest. UKBA have internal guidance that states ILR refusal will NOT be issued solely due to financial reasons.

Just now I cannot locate the actual working, but will try to find it and post it here.

Really there are not any major issues for genuine couples.
    Thanks Terpe

Banned
    And ... for the record, Stevie & Lasttlid can BOTH rest easy that - come what may - their respective marital partners will NOT find themselves adversely affected by ANY of the proposed changes.
    Okay. Thanks Arthur.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    Thanks for the positive words Arthur but i cant keep from worrying that when Florsel applies for her ILR in october that she could be deported over this new rule
    Honestly, Stevie ... I really DON'T believe that even a Cameron Government could be heartless enough to rescind the right of abode for the partner of a British Citizen in ANY circumstances (let alone on the basis of something so flimsy as a couple's fluctuating financial situation!) short of *marital breakdown. And *that's never going to happen because yours and Florsel's is a relationship built to last.

All this new red tape must only apply when you file for a spouse/fiancee/visitor visa and not once you have been here for a few years.

Trusted Member
    I would have thought so Rory.

There would be hell on if they tried to apply to those already here before new regs introduced.

All this new red tape must only apply when you file for a spouse/fiancee/visitor visa and not once you have been here for a few years.
    Precisely, Rory ... couldn't have put it better myself! Only those who apply AFTER April (or when/IF the proposals are implemented) will bear the brunt. In other words, the worst case scenario will be that the new arrivals are likely to have to wait 5 years - instead of the present two - to apply for ILR.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick30 View Post
    You should get all your family and friends to sign this too. We need more and more signatures. Let's show them what we're all made of lol.
    ... HEAR, HEAR ... !

Honestly, Stevie ... I really DON'T believe that even a Cameron Government could be heartless enough to rescind the right of abode for the partner of a British Citizen in ANY circumstances (let alone on the basis of something so flimsy as a couple's fluctuating financial situation!) short of *marital breakdown. And *that's never going to happen because yours and Florsel's is a relationship built to last.
    Thanks sir Arthur Me & Florsel feel more comfortable with the situation now I agree with Rory that should not apply to those spouses & Fiances already here

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    Steve,
    I kind of thought along the same lines as you, partly because I am unfamiliar with ILR and partly because we just don't know where changes in the regulations are going to take us.
    Thank god for article 8 eh?

Banned
    Yep, Rory, what you are saying makes sense. And pretty much matches what I had been thinking.

you would have more chance with article 8 if you were living in the UK but not british
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    you would have more chance with article 8 if you were living in the UK but not british
    ... it REALLY IS ISN'T it!?

Banned
    In other words, the worst case scenario will be that the new arrivals are likely to have to wait 5 years - instead of the present two - to apply for ILR.
    Interesting thought. ( More time to save up for it ! )
    Maybe instead of the ILR after 2 years they will introduce an intermediate FLR before an ILR after 5 years.....

Quote Originally Posted by sheriel View Post
    I have signed the E petition,thanks and i hope it never becomes a condition of family Immagration this year or next,i hope thousands sign this petition online and elsewhere.
    Done too, but a long way to go still !

I read a article this morning from Immigration news that a Bangaldashi had been allowed to stay under Article 8 simply because he played Cricket on Sundays and was a post graduate student.
    It was not abt finance it was effectively petitioned on his right to s private life...........so if we all play cricket on a Sundays can we say the GF is wicketkeeper to allow her to stay here too.

Cameron and Clegg make the rules up as they go along

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack1969_uk View Post
    I read a article this morning from Immigration news that a Bangaldashi had been allowed to stay under Article 8 simply because he played Cricket on Sundays and was a post graduate student.
    It was not abt finance it was effectively petitioned on his right to s private life...........so if we all play cricket on a Sundays can we say the GF is wicketkeeper to allow her to stay here too.

Like I said just a few days ago, there's some hilarious stuff associated with immigration to the UK....

Quote Originally Posted by Jack1969_uk View Post
    its not them, its the judges who do what they want
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Interesting thought. ( More time to save up for it ! )
    Maybe instead of the ILR after 2 years they will introduce an intermediate FLR before an ILR after 5 years.....
    ... FLR ALREADY IS a KIND of 'Intermediate' Leave to Remain before an immigrant can become eligible to apply for Permanent Residence/ILR.

Banned
    ... FLR ALREADY IS a KIND of 'Intermediate' Leave to Remain before an immigrant can become eligible to apply for Permanent Residence/ILR.
    Aye. Ones imagination can tend to run riot on these matters. I guess we will know soon enough now.....

Having said that I am aware of one particular young woman who came here on a student visa, circa early 2009. At the time she was single and obtained employment as a careworker. However, on subsequently marrying, she was simply granted 'Limited Leave to Remain' in lieu of FLR.

... I'm still trying to get my head around that one!

Thread Information