Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FLR Done

FLR Done

Hi All

Just wanted to say a thank you to all that posted up their FLR(m) tid bits, personally I though the form was straight forward - got plenty to prove Rina lives with me and sent off the forms and evidence in a nice wallet yesterday (A4 wallet) with everything clearly laid out.

I am hoping that the whole process doesnt take too long and my only worry really is that the UKBA dont lose our passports!!

I just hope I dont get any calls for international travel in the next 4-6 weeks.

Anyone know how long this "should" take?

Thanks and regards

Tone

It took us (i think) 8 weeks, but that was almost 2yrs ago.

After 3 weeks I called them up & requested the return of my passport as I needed to travel overseas.
    I received it by registered mail within 5 days.
    No man is an island, but Barry is

WOW 8 Weeks - Rina's initial visa runs out Feb 16th so they need to get it sorted by then surely?
    I suppose on one hand that as we have submitted the paperwork that end date is irrelevant, also as a matter of fact - could they deport her now she is married to me - I remember seeing a UKBA Program and they were stopping a sham marriage - the guy said that if they were married the guy couldnt be deported so easily..
    It would be great to send in Shami Chakribarti! as a side line I used to laugh about this person when John Gaunt used to make fun of her on Talk Sport radio...

Cheers

Tone

Banned
    Hi Tone. Good luck with the FLR.

May I ask if you had the option to submit the application in person? And if so, any reason why you opted to go for the postal option?

Cheers

hi tone....just like ur wife i submit my application through post, our first plan was to apply in person but since i read about Donnah's application and it only took a month for her to finally got her FLR...so i decided to post mine rather than paying 850 and saves us 300...anyway i posted mine last 22 of dec. and i never expected to hear any from it after holidays....got a letter from them on dec.29 for confirmation that they got my application...

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    WOW 8 Weeks - Rina's initial visa runs out Feb 16th so they need to get it sorted by then surely?...
    The FLR is normally just a formality, unless there is a major immigration rule issue, so all will be well.
    Even if you don't get the FLR before Feb 16, your wife's visa status will remain OK and legal.

Here's hoping you hear soon

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    The FLR is normally just a formality, unless there is a major immigration rule issue, so all will be well.
    Even if you don't get the FLR before Feb 16, your wife's visa status will remain OK and legal.

Here's hoping you hear soon
    Yes ... as Terpe says, it's just [another] formality. ; Rina's current visa status will DEFINITELY remain unaffected in the *interim ... which, hopefully, *WON'T be too long.

Goodluck.

nice one tone, im sure all will go smoothly, may the time pass quickly for you , good luck

Hi Chaps
    Yeah I think everything will be ok - the only issue is I dont have any savings anymore but my income is ok and stable and 2011 was the year of change, new wife, house, changed job role - all took up money!

I opted for postal due to saving some money thats the only reason, and as they suggest you must submit with at least a month left - so we have 6 weeks.
    As a few of you said its a formality - had we been married abroad there would have been no need for this "stupid expensive formality"!

Thanks for all your kind wishes.

Tone

Quote Originally Posted by toging View Post
    hi tone....just like ur wife i submit my application through post, our first plan was to apply in person but since i read about Donnah's application and it only took a month for her to finally got her FLR...so i decided to post mine rather than paying 850 and saves us 300...anyway i posted mine last 22 of dec. and i never expected to hear any from it after holidays....got a letter from them on dec.29 for confirmation that they got my application...
    Hi - thats quite quick - Good luck on this and keep us posted on how it goes.

Thanks!

Banned
    As a few of you said its a formality - had we been married abroad there would have been no need for this "stupid expensive formality"!

Tone
    I see. I didnt know that the Fiancee route was more expensive but I can see that now. In my case I had no choice as my wife's mother specified that we marry in Phils...

I agree. As it is a formality and really just a kind of amendment to the Fiancee visa it shouldn't then be a huge amount of money to finance the processing of the FLR.

Indeed the ILR also seems to be a lot of dosh, for the work involved in the processing of it (compared to the Spouse / Fiancee visa itself).

The whole process of my FLR M application only took a month. I'm sure your application will be as quick too... No worries

Donah

Hi All

Just wanted to say a thank you to all that posted up their FLR(m) tid bits, personally I though the form was straight forward - got plenty to prove Rina lives with me and sent off the forms and evidence in a nice wallet yesterday (A4 wallet) with everything clearly laid out.

I am hoping that the whole process doesnt take too long and my only worry really is that the UKBA dont lose our passports!!

I just hope I dont get any calls for international travel in the next 4-6 weeks.

Anyone know how long this "should" take?

Thanks and regards

Tone
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

hi there! Mine took 2 months I applied middle of last year.
    Good luck
    True love waits.

Hi everyone
    we have received a letter early last week saying they are processing the application, the money was taken from my credit card almost immediately so I guess they are working through it now.
    How long (usually) is it before we get the bio metrics appointment?

Thanks
    Tone

hello tone,

we pray that our application will be ok hopefully, i submitted my application 20 of Dec, i received my next notification for my biometric 13 of January.

Hi
    Thanks for letting me know - we should hear something any-day hopefully.

Cheers
    Tone

Since receiving the letter sayin they are processing the Visa Application not heard anything - that was the 6th Jan nearly 3 weeks ago... hope its just that they are busy rather than anything wrong with the application

Tone

Since receiving the letter sayin they are processing the Visa Application not heard anything - that was the 6th Jan nearly 3 weeks ago... hope its just that they are busy rather than anything wrong with the application

Tone
    i reckon it will take longer this time because they will accepting tourist applicant who wish to see the London Olympic and paralympic games..
    i am still waiting until now don't lose hope everythings gonna be alright. don't keep waiting because the more you wait the more it will long . my visa expired tomorrow..
    Lift everything to God and He will make a way

Banned
    Tone and Leolady. Am reading your posts with interest. Good that you are documenting your progress. Cheers. And good luck!

(Later...I realised I didnt have my brain engaged when I wrote the above as you are both on FLR and I was thinking ILR). But still, good luck all the same.
    Last edited by lastlid; 24th January 2012 at 09:50. Reason: Mistake

Good news - got the letter finally saying we need to go do the boimetrics so we will visit the Oxford Post Office and pay the next 16.95.

But I'm glad that the application has basically been ok!

Will update as soon as we have further movement...

Tone

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLady View Post
    i reckon it will take longer this time because they will accepting tourist applicant who wish to see the London Olympic and paralympic games..
    i am still waiting until now don't lose hope everythings gonna be alright. don't keep waiting because the more you wait the more it will long . my visa expired tomorrow..
    Hello - just saw this - yeah things are now progressing - hope you see some progress as soon as possible...

Good news - got the letter finally saying we need to go do the boimetrics so we will visit the Oxford Post Office and pay the next 16.95.

But I'm glad that the application has basically been ok!

Will update as soon as we have further movement...

Tone
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Went to a meeting today got back earlier than expected so legged it over to Oxford and did Rina's biometric enrollment - was the easiest thing the UKBA have asked us to do - no queue in and out in about 10 minutes....Simples!!

Cheers

Tone

Hello everyone!

Han here from Northumberland, got married 2 weeks ago, and my visa will expires 12 April 2012. My husband and I will submit our (FLRM-m) application. 1st week of Feb, i am glad to read all the comments here.. i didn't know that the form will be printed in A-4 size thanks.
    Anyways, the reason we are goin to post it is to save up 300 pounds- and just a question what sort of papers i need to include since they want proof og finances. I must admit my husband spent so much from fiancee visa-to my tickets-wedding expenses, so apparently we don't have savings at the moment. BUt he ha stable job as painter and decorator (self-employed).
    Thank you very much for your time in reading this!
    God Bless....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by han View Post
    Anyways, the reason we are goin to post it is to save up 300 pounds- and just a question what sort of papers i need to include since they want proof og finances. I must admit my husband spent so much from fiancee visa-to my tickets-wedding expenses, so apparently we don't have savings at the moment.
    Thanks for the information. Yes. Such a big difference in fees eh! Hardly justifiable.

Hello everyone!

Han here from Northumberland, got married 2 weeks ago, and my visa will expires 12 April 2012. My husband and I will submit our (FLRM-m) application. 1st week of Feb, i am glad to read all the comments here.. i didn't know that the form will be printed in A-4 size thanks.
    Anyways, the reason we are goin to post it is to save up 300 pounds- and just a question what sort of papers i need to include since they want proof og finances. I must admit my husband spent so much from fiancee visa-to my tickets-wedding expenses, so apparently we don't have savings at the moment. BUt he ha stable job as painter and decorator (self-employed).
    Thank you very much for your time in reading this!
    God Bless....
    After all the expenses Ive had this year I too dont have any savings - I mean the cost of bringing Rina here, bought new house, and helped for wedding expenses its enough to dry up most peoples savings.

As far as documents on the FLR(M) back pages there is a list of documents you need to send in which include:-
    Bank statements - 3 Months - I sent 6 months
    Pay Slips - Again 3 Months but I sent 6
    Last P60 End of year tax certificate
    6 Pieces of evidence to show you both live together at same address
    - Council Tax
    - Electricity
    - Water Bill
    - NHS Letters
    - Credit Card statements
    - Bank Statements
    Marriage Certificate
    Decree Absolute - to show last marriage has been dissolved

We also sent passports and photos - the passport photos are for the to register me - these were not the photos of wedding and all that stuff.

Good luck with your application, you will need to probably send in evidence of future work, I did enclose a letter from my employer showing length of service and current salary so that they had someything to go for - did this for the fiance application too.

Hope this helps!

Tone

Hello TOne!

thank your for that reply!
    I am reviewing all my papers at the moment.
    By the way- just confused 'bout the last decree absolute, is it the certificate of no impedement??? we both single- before we got married.

Thanks

Hello TOne!

thank your for that reply!
    I am reviewing all my papers at the moment.
    By the way- just confused 'bout the last decree absolute, is it the certificate of no impedement??? we both single- before we got married.

Thanks
    If you were both single then you wont need the decree absolute - it was a legal document to show my previous marriage was closed. I thought it was a stupid requirement because in order to get married again I had to show this to the registrar but if UKBA need it and asked for it I had to comply...

I am not sure if you would need to put any documents in to show you were single - we didnt for Rina.

Ah we did put both birth certificates in the document bundle too.

I had a wallet A4 size that I put a header document listing in order the documents asked for - then in each sleeve put the documents so everything was presented neatly and concisely - makes it easier for the ECO/Case handler to go through the documents.

Cheers

Tone

Congrats Tone!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Congrats Tone!!
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information