Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Medical

Medical

Hi could anyone give my wife advice on if she will need to get a medical done for coming to the uk , and any other things we might need before we book ticket

UKBA do not require any medical for UK entry from Philippines.

Your wife will need her CFO sticker before leaving Phils

tnx for that info terpe

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    UKBA do not require any medical for UK entry from Philippines.

Your wife will need her CFO sticker before leaving Phils
    If you have access to medical records, try and bring them, not needed to enter, but helps later when you sign up for GP

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toneec View Post
    If you have access to medical records, try and bring them, not needed to enter, but helps later when you sign up for GP
    Good advice . Even if not legally required, it's important to the individual and their doctor. For a start, try to have a list of drugs needed. Such drugs may have different names in the UK, which ( if legal ) should be available on an NHS prescription. Secondly, medical and surgical " history " - wherever possible, the names of past and present illnesses, and operations. Finally, vaccinations - more than one of each type, or regular repeats, may be required for good immunity.
    Communication works both ways - a full history is the biggest step towards correct diagnosis and treatment .

Hi ..... your wife might also be asked at certain UK airports to produce a chest xray.

just come with an up to date chest xray... if not you will get a visit from a health visitor within the first 3 months requiring you to take on or present evidence you have one.... forget any other bullshit... If your ill the doctor in the uk will take care of you... they wont bother with any medical docs from phily. so it is irrelevant.....

Hi. Me and my husband supposed to fly UK on 28 Dec 2011, everything was ok checked in, paid travel tax/ terminal fee then immigration bit held me and looking for a CFO sticker. Needed to attend seminar and pay P650 equivalent all the hassles of changing the flight schedule,pay extra for the airline and stayed in hotel. Take note it was Xmas holiday.No one told us about the seminar for 1st time immigrant. Luckily, CFO office was open the next day (29 Dec).

Finally, arrived LHR airport 2 Jan early morning. Immigration guy asked for a chest xray which i didn't have. He told me to proceed to terminal clinic and get a chest xray. Only 1 nurse was there on duty accommodated me..she said another nurse took a day off. She took my info name /add/ etc and been told i'll be receiving a letter which i didnt get. Decided to look for a GP and had my Xray result..

Question is, to whom am i gonna submit my Chest xray result? Hubby phoned newcastle airport and immigration person said not really important and he thinks only a requirement from Philippines. But better to keep it with me in case will asks again the next time I fly back in the UK.

So confused.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marysunderland View Post

Question is, to whom am i gonna submit my Chest xray result? Hubby phoned newcastle airport and immigration person said not really important and he thinks only a requirement from Philippines. But better to keep it with me in case will asks again the next time I fly back in the UK.

So confused.
    Hi. You haven't had much luck. We only found out about the CFO through girls that my wife met at Hopkns TOEIC in Makati.

Anyhow. THE UKBA does not require a chest x ray for those from the Philippines. However it seems they sometimes still ask. (You can verify this on the UKBA website)

My wife has never been asked for and never has had a chest xray and she has been here for 5 months!

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    CFO and chest X-ray I think. But in case you will forget the xray the airport can do it for you as what Ive heard.

Banned
    One of the reasons, amongst others, that I flew into Manchester Airport with my wife was to counter any claims that she would need to present a chest xray document, if it came to it. It would seem that if they do ask then it is a mistake on their part. They have as much right to ask my wife for a chest x ray as they have of asking me for one.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Hi. You haven't had much luck. We only found out about the CFO through girls that my wife met at Hopkns TOEIC in Makati.

Anyhow. THE UKBA does not require a chest x ray for those from the Philippines. However it seems they sometimes still ask. (You can verify this on the UKBA website)

My wife has never been asked for and never has had a chest xray and she has been here for 5 months!
    Thanks. I arrived in 2nd of June and so far no one's asking about the chest xray..Anyways, Newcastle Airport Immigration guy suggested to have the xray result with me everytime i fly in/out UK..In case they asks..

Thread Information