Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How about this Guys? Comments welcome.

Not even going to read it as something tells me its about islamic mortgages,maligayang pasko sa lahat

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    Although HSBC is based in London, it is still the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation, founded in Asia and very big in most Asian markets, and is essentially an Asian bank, just like Standard Chartered. I'm sure many British Asians use them to transfer money back to Asia...etc. Of course HSBC are offering these mortgages as a way of making money themselves, after all they don't lend money for free.
    I know there is a growing wave of anti muslim feeling in the west, and in some cases I agree with the sentiments of the majority of the indiginous population of the UK. However, I don't have a problem with banks offering Asian style products and services to Asian customers....it's no different to us expecting western style products and services when we are in Asia is it

Banned
    Hopefully the Honkers and Shankers HSBC won't end up in the same boat as the ill fated Pakistani run BCCI.

I respectfully disagree with Englishman this cannot be dismissed as an ethnic asian line. It is is an Islamic product with the danger that as a thin end of the wedge in a stealth like manner it will become the only offering for the majority along the lines of Halal meat in Kentucky Fried Chicken outlets and school canteens.

If we are not careful attached to each Crown Court Building there will be a shariah court and over the road a Chop Square (although I'd more than likely go along with the latter )

No thank you HSBC

I havnt got a problem with them advertising it in asia. But why here?. Maybe this is slightly off the topic but I would love to know how many mosques there are here compared to how many churches.?. Im sorry but I think muslims are a real threat. I dont think people realise how many radical muslims are in this country.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Hopefully the Honkers and Shankers HSBC won't end up in the same boat as the ill fated Pakistani run BCCI.

I respectfully disagree with Englishman this cannot be dismissed as an ethnic asian line. It is is an Islamic product with the danger that as a thin end of the wedge in a stealth like manner it will become the only offering for the majority along the lines of Halal meat in Kentucky Fried Chicken outlets and school canteens.

If we are not careful attached to each Crown Court Building there will be a shariah court and over the road a Chop Square (although I'd more than likely go along with the latter )

No thank you HSBC
    Fair comment Ded

Islamic mortgages have been on offer in the UK for about 10 years through several niche lenders and more recently The Islamic Bank of Britain. In reality, the amount of Islamic mortgages taken up by Muslims is very small. The majority take out traditional western style interest charging mortgages as the monthly repayments and set up costs are usually significantly lower.

Personally, I feel that the decision by HSBC to offer them in the UK is a marketing trick to keep it's Asian and Middle Eastern shareholders happy, by making them look like the global bank that caters for the needs of every culture. I suspect that this type of lending will make up less than 1% of their overall new business mortgage lending in 2012.

it's no different to us expecting western style products and services when we are in Asia is it
    When was the last time you applied to a bank in Islamabad for a european mortgage for your 10 bedroom heavily fortified walled compound on a nice mountainside just outside peshawar

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    I havnt got a problem with them advertising it in asia. But why here?. Maybe this is slightly off the topic but I would love to know how many mosques there are here compared to how many churches.?. Im sorry but I think muslims are a real threat. I dont think people realise how many radical muslims are in this country.
    You're right.

Problem is, we have now been rendered helpless in our own country....so laying the foundations for violence and civil strife in the future, because certain elements of the majority population will feel they have no choice.

Bosnia on a vast scale.

Banned
    I didn't ask for a "multicultural society" we are a White, Christian, Northern European ruled by a parliamentry democracy.

Our country, our rules - fit in or eff off.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    When was the last time you applied to a bank in Islamabad for a european mortgage for your 10 bedroom heavily fortified walled compound on a nice mountainside just outside peshawar
    That won't be happening any time soon.

However, western style general insurance, life assurance and banking products which were developed in the UK in the 1750's have been exported around the globe and have changed very little in the last 250 years. I've not been to Pakistan, but I have travelled a lot around India, Singapore and Malaysia which all have very high muslim populations and have seen numerous billboard adverts for western financial services companies and their products.

As I said before HSBC is an Asian bank, I'm less bothered about them offering niche products to Asian customers than I would be if a British bank such as RBS, LBG or Barclays were.

Respected Member
    HSBC cater for various peoples needs in many different countries, here in the Middle East they cater very well for the western market. But then again here they also have Christmas Trees, decorations and churches, in addition to the fact i've received several Christmas Card from my muslim colleagues.

This Islamic Mortgage is essentially because they aren't allowed to borrow money officially, so it's simply circumventing the system by the bank owning the property and you paying them rent and at at the same time buying a share back from them each month until you've bought all the shares in the property and own it. Essentially it's still a mortgage with a bit of trickery.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    HSBC cater for various peoples needs in many different countries, here in the Middle East they cater very well for the western market. But then again here they also have Christmas Trees, decorations and churches, in addition to the fact i've received several Christmas Card from my muslim colleagues.

This Islamic Mortgage is essentially because they aren't allowed to borrow money officially, so it's simply circumventing the system by the bank owning the property and you paying them rent and at at the same time buying a share back from them each month until you've bought all the shares in the property and own it. Essentially it's still a mortgage with a bit of trickery.

That's exactly it.

Banned
    Today's Muslim happenings in the Court of Appeal

A baby at risk of becoming the victim of an "honour killing" because she was born as the result of her unmarried Muslim mother's secret affair must be adopted to keep her safe, the Court of Appeal ruled on Wednesday.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/1...7BK0TX20111221

Trusted Member
    Thank goodness the interests of the child have been upheld.

It also means that she won't be brain-washed (hopefully) from birth into the usual primitive belief system.

Respected Member
    I actually have no problem with Islam. It just seems the UK attracts so many extremists from certain countries.

Banned
    I actually have no problem with Islam. It just seems the UK attracts so many extremists from certain countries.
    By letting them in in the first instance and then not stamping on them when they get up to their tricks

Trusted Member
    Reminds me of that git with the hook taking over the whole street in Finsbury for his rantings.

Unbelievable.

Respected Member
    Me neither. Moderate (and almost democratic) Islamic countries like Malaysia or Turkey could be an example to many other nations (ignoring some of their human rights abuses).

Getting back on thread, I read earlier on the BBC website that Malaysia is the world leader in the Islamic banking sector

I had a chat on many occassions with a very curteous,polite,meek fervently religious islamic guy,I got on well with him,his mum and dad were from an area I used to know well in Pakistan,I always thought I could read characters,the guy I used to chat to would never hurt a fly...................Till be blew himself up

Trusted Member
    When I see them demonstrating against their fellow muslims stoning women to death and other despicable practices, I'll cut them some slack....or blowing each other up every day of the week, for that matter.

demonstrating against their fellow muslims stoning women to death
    I saw a horrific piece of footage once showing a somali or ethiopian woman being stripped naked in a market-place,kicked in the face then stoned to death by a baying crowd for wanting to leave her husband,religion is the root of many evils.

Trusted Member
    I saw that too.

It really upset me, and that sort of thing certainly has helped form my current views.

As far as their religion is concerned, I just wish they'd bloody 'grow up' and stop squabbling with each other (Shiiites v Sunni etc) like a bunch of 5 year-olds.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    As far as their religion is concerned, I just wish they'd bloody 'grow up' and stop squabbling with each other (Shiiites v Sunni etc) like a bunch of 5 year-olds.
    Not too different from us Graham - Protestants and Catholics are still squabbling in the UK today

Trusted Member
    As a mere Atheist bystander I can only wonder WHY.

....and thank 'god' that my mind is free of all this ridiculous nonsense.

Respected Member
    As a mere Atheist bystander I can only wonder WHY.

....and thank 'god' that my mind is free of all this ridiculous nonsense.
    That's the case for a growing number of people in the UK. Officially, since the Reformation (except for a few spells during the Stewart reigns) we are a Protestant country. DC recently called us a Christian country, but how many of the indiginous population regularly practice their faith? I was christened in a C of E church, but apart from weddings and funerals I have never been in to a church of my own free will.
    If others want to practice their faith and do it without harming others or inciting hatred towards people of other faiths or non-believers that's their choice. I'm happy to let them get on with their lives while I get on with mine.

The UK has around 55,000 churches compared with around 1,500 mosques. About 150 Hindu temples and 200 Sikh temples and 400 synagogues.

Trusted Member
    We have the biggest Gothic Cathedral in northern Europe here in my town.

You do have to PAY to gain entry though.

I was Christened and brought up as a Methodist, and actually I'm quite glad of it....up to a point.

After having reached 16 years of age and sorted the religious wheat from the chaff so to speak, I decided it was time to move on into the REAL world, whilst also making use of a lot of the lessons learned in church throughout the following years.

Respected Member
    Gothic Does that mean it's full of teenagers with dyed black and purple hair, facial piercings and dressed in black

You do have to PAY to gain entry though.

I was Christened and brought up as a Methodist, and actually I'm quite glad of it....up to a point.

After having reached 16 years of age and sorted the religious wheat from the chaff so to speak, I decided it was time to move on into the REAL world, whilst also making use of a lot of the lessons learned in church throughout the following years.
    God bless you Graham. .

Quote Originally Posted by sim&lil View Post
    The UK has around 55,000 churches compared with around 1,500 mosques. About 150 Hindu temples and 200 Sikh temples and 400 synagogues.
    What about England?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information