Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite

VISA APPROVED in 7 DAYS

I already have received the gift from Santa Claus this YEAR!

I lodged my fiancee visa application last 5th of December....It was my first time to travel alone by plane... and it was super duper exciting!!! (I told my fiance that if things will be all right with my first flight and I won't feel something unusual, I will be going to England alone, which is another set of adventure!)

I had a VIP appointment at VFS at 9:00 am but I arrived there an hour before the appointment. So instead of a VIP treatment, I joined with the applicants with a regular appointment..10 minutes before 9:00 am, I was already a VIP (hahahaha!) the only thing that went wrong during the application process was the printed visa application form which had settlement-civil partnership, heading. I am aware that civil partnership is for same sex marriage but I could not find other options in the drop down menu that says something about fiancee or fiance... I even had an argument with my fiance, he told me i should look for another form but I am the LAST WORD with regards to processing the documents, (i suffered my being hardheaded).. The personnel told me to complete another online application, in a nearby cafe..It was just 8 pesos away above starbucks Pasong Tamo Ext, if i am not mistaken. A matter of 5 mins walk from Eco Plaza...

All our documents were originals except Dave's passport, which was a certified true copy...All documents were labeled properly and arranged according to the document checklist for settlement application.

For the evidence of relationship to sponsor, I provided a scrapbook which contained all the details of our relationship...

I finished the appointment for less than 30 minutes... Hurray!

The documents were sent to UKBA on the same day and on the tenth, i received an SMS alert which said that my documents are already under process.... Monday, it was the seventh day... I received an e-mail from manilavisa which said that my visa will be despatched shortly...! That was it!!!!

The documents arrived back to me this saturday and confirmed, the visa was granted...!!!!

Thank you so much for the help from the people here.. especially Terpe, togging, Malchard, arthurlittle, lastlid... and all of you who reads my lengthy and makulit posts...

See you guys in UK...

Jona
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Banned
    The scrapbook did it eh! Great.

congrats

Trusted Member
    Congratulations !!!

congrats!

Well done Jona and congratulations

Thats magic. well done

that was a real fast turnaround from application to the granting compared to ours, still the outcome is the same so congratulations to you both and enjoy your new life in the UK and i hope u get used to the different climate as soon as possible.
    malcolm & Loida

That's super duper good news.

Welldone,congrats...

Quote Originally Posted by jlags90 View Post
    I already have received the gift from Santa Claus this YEAR!

I lodged my fiancee visa application last 5th of December....

For the evidence of relationship to sponsor, I provided a scrapbook which contained all the details of our relationship...

I received an e-mail from manilavisa which said that my visa will be despatched shortly...! That was it!!!!

The documents arrived back to me this saturday and confirmed, the visa was granted...!!!!

See you guys in UK...

Jona
    Superb outcome ... well done, Jona - not forgetting that 'scrapbook' of yours! (You're certainly NOT the "Biblical Jonah" (mythically swallowed by the whale!) Instead, you and Dave will be having a "WHALE of a time" ... CELEBRATING ...

Congrats!!!!!Jlags

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    congratulations Jona!

scrap book might be of help.

pls enlighten me when u say fiance visa..what will be your next step? would that mean you both need to get married soon?

Thanks everyone! Dave gave me a link of an online store where I could order clothes to keep me warm... Yet, I am not so sure with the size... I am afraid I will have to choose in the kids section.. does anyone know what is the size appropriate for me in English measurement??? I have 24 inches waistline... 5 feet and 2 inches short... hahaha

Yet, I am leaving in April. I still have a job to finish til 2nd week of April....

Though everything has been set in his place (including an exclusive room where I will stay while I am still adjusting to the climate), It might be very difficult for me to get used to the freezing weather....

I am already accepting thick clothes donations....

Thanks everyone! Dave gave me a link of an online store where I could order clothes to keep me warm... Yet, I am not so sure with the size... I am afraid I will have to choose in the kids section.. does anyone know what is the size appropriate for me in English measurement??? I have 24 inches waistline... 5 feet and 2 inches short... hahaha

Yet, I am leaving in April. I still have a job to finish til 2nd week of April....

Though everything has been set in his place (including an exclusive room where I will stay while I am still adjusting to the climate), It might be very difficult for me to get used to the freezing weather....

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    The scrapbook did it eh! Great.
    Yes lastlid, the scrapbook only had 3 photos of us together..

Trusted Member
    Seriously....if the sizes are in ages, for the clothes in the UK and European market, you will probably best fit in 12 year-old sizes, because of your height and build.

I'm sure the ladies on here will be able to advise you further.

Banned

We havent found clothes buying easy for my wife in the UK...........

It sounds like you will take a UK 6 or 8. But as you may know, one shop's size 8 is another shop's size 6, kind of thing....so it is hard to be certain.

My wife is 4ft 11" tall. She had a 25" waste but has put some weight on since arriving here 2.5 months ago. She has to buy some clothes from the kids sections and gets some from the adult section, depending on the shop. She most definitely doesnt like many of the kids ranges. We have found out that Miss Selfridge have a "petite" range and are online also and they do both 6 and size 8 and she fits into their clothes okay. Some shops dont go below an 8 eg Marks and Spencer and she finds that their size 8 clothes are too big / too long, except leggins.

We bought her pyjamas from M and S in the kids range.......to fit a 13 year old, I seem to recall Managed to get a set without Justin Beiber on.....
    Seems daft but true.....they fit her quite well.

On a good note, she has been able to get adult shoe sizes no problem.

I have a feel for this kind of thing as my previous gf, who was scottish, was skinny and took a size 6 in jeans but could never get jeans that were long enough as she was 5ft 6".....the opposite problem to my wifes.

Banned

LOL. Jlags. Sounds like you will be in quarantine or a hyperbaric chamber or something....

I thought my wife would find it difficult to adjust. It did come as a shock to her but amazingly she has adjusted quite well to the colder weather, probably better than I thought. Just the first week or so was the problem. And adjusting to wearing extra clothing, not just shorts and tee shirt.

Trusted Member
    Yeah, I had visions of a giant vivarium or something, full of heat lamps.

,,,,,,,,,,,,Yet, I am leaving in April. I still have a job to finish til 2nd week of April....

Did I miss something?

Trusted Member
    Might even be above freezing in April, and you'll be able to venture outside your room.

thanks grahamw48, i have been eying on clothes. I am afraid to buy those jackets from philippines. Though clothes are cheaper here, I am afraid I would be brining much and would have unplanned excess baggage, only 20 kgs is allowed by Cebu Pacific.... I might just borrow dave's clothes on my first week, then shop when I get there....

We havent found clothes buying easy for my wife in the UK...........

It sounds like you will take a UK 6 or 8. But as you may know, one shop's size 8 is another shop's size 6, kind of thing....so it is hard to be certain.

My wife is 4ft 11" tall. She had a 25" waste but has put some weight on since arriving here 2.5 months ago. She has to buy some clothes from the kids sections and gets some from the adult section, depending on the shop. She most definitely doesnt like many of the kids ranges. We have found out that Miss Selfridge have a "petite" range and are online also and they do both 6 and size 8 and she fits into their clothes okay. We bought her pyjamas from M and S in the kids range.......to fit a 13 year old, I seem to recall Managed to get a set without Justin Beiber on.....
    Seems daft but true.....they fit her quite well.

I have a feel for this kind of thing as my previous gf, who was scottish, was skinny and took a size 6 in jeans but could never get jeans that were long enough as she was 5ft 6".....the opposite problem to my wifes.

I am afraid I will be wearing jackets with spiderman, harry potter, or barbie, tweety and kids stuff prints

I will miss wearing flip flops in UK... Dave prohibited me to bring a flip flop but I insisted to bring two pairs to remind me of home...

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

Did I miss something?
    not just something lastlid, i think you have missed everything,,, THANKS FOR THE BIG HELP...

LOL. Jlags. Sounds like you will be in quarantine or a hyperbaric chamber or something.....
    He will definitely put me in a quarantine since he is afraid i will be influencing his neighborhood in becoming crazy...

It's a mini-entertainment room where I could spend the boring days watching movies, and chatting all day long... while he is out at work...and while I could not deal with the cold weather outside.. I will be sharing some pictures of the quarantine room next time in my blog....

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Might even be above freezing in April, and you'll be able to venture outside your room.
    indeed, and destroy england's view with my presence.... hahaha! is anyone familiar with the latest version of adobe photoshop? i need to have a copy...

Congratulations on your visa Jona! If you are not coming to the UK until April next year it will be Spring by then and a much nicer time to visit than Winter.

Oh, and there is no need for you to miss your flip flops, (although of course you might feel warmer wearing slippers) I always wear mine around the house and so does my filipina sister-in-law

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information