Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    Congratulations on your visa Jona! If you are not coming to the UK until April next year it will be Spring by then and a much nicer time to visit than Winter.

Oh, and there is no need for you to miss your flip flops, (although of course you might feel warmer wearing slippers) I always wear mine around the house and so does my filipina sister-in-law
    Thanks Rosie...I have decided to bring a pair of flip flops (i still have months to collect different flip flops to annoy my fiance...)

Yes, I think that is also a good timing since I finish my job in April, and it won't be too drastic to experience snow from a hell-like sun in Philippines...

are you near halifax?
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Congratulations on your visa Jona! If you are not coming to the UK until April next year it will be Spring by then and a much nice time to visit than Winter.

Oh, and there is no need for you to miss your flip flops, (although of course you might feel warmer wearing slippers) I always wear mine around the house and so does my filipina sister-in-law
    Thanks Rosie...I have decided to bring a pair of flip flops (i still have months to collect different flip flops to annoy my fiance...)

Yes, I think that is also a good timing since I finish my job in April, and it won't be too drastic to experience snow from a hell-like sun in Philippines...

are you near halifax?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Superb outcome ... well done, Jona - not forgetting that 'scrapbook' of yours! (You're certainly NOT the "Biblical Jonah" (mythically swallowed by the whale!) Instead, you and Dave will be having a "WHALE of a time" ... CELEBRATING ...
    Thanks Arthur... I have been told by the PM sisters that I am the biblical Jonah because I refuse to follow God's call to teach... Nevertheless, I think I am called to be in UK.. hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by jlags90 View Post

are you near halifax?
    Hi Jonah

Although it's not unheard of, we don't often get snow in April these days apart from the far North. In fact in April this year, we were having Easter dinner in the garden! Spring is a nice time to come to UK, my 7 year old filipino nephew loved seeing all the pink and white blossom on the trees for the first time, it was a real novelty..... bless him

I live in Cambridgeshire which is further south / east than Halifax in West Yorkshire so the weather is much tamer down here. There are lots of Filipinos in this area because we have two large hospitals and numerous care homes. My sister-in-law has just moved to a small cul-de-sac nearby and it is amazing to find that there are four filipino families living in the same street very close to one another. They ought to re-name the street Makati Avenue!

You have lots to look forward to next year and I am sure that April will arrive at the blink of an eyelid Enjoy!

Banned
    At first my wife was going to bring about 10 pairs of shorts. But like you, she only had a limited amount of luggage space. In the end she brought just a few pairs of shorts so she could bring all of her jeans and hoodies. Then we just topped up with coats and jackets and boots when she arrived here on October 1st.

Trusted Member
    But don't those shorts look good.

Hi Jonah

Although it's not unheard of, we don't often get snow in April these days apart from the far North. In fact in April this year, we were having Easter dinner in the garden! Spring is a nice time to come to UK, my 7 year old filipino nephew loved seeing all the pink and white blossom on the trees for the first time, it was a real novelty..... bless him

I live in Cambridgeshire which is further south / east than Halifax in West Yorkshire so the weather is much tamer down here. There are lots of Filipinos in this area because we have two large hospitals and numerous care homes. My sister-in-law has just moved to a small cul-de-sac nearby and it is amazing to find that there are four filipino families living in the same street very close to one another. They ought to re-name the street Makati Avenue!

You have lots to look forward to next year and I am sure that April will arrive at the blink of an eyelid Enjoy!
    Thanks Rosie,

I am looking forward to meet Filipinas who are already settled near Halifax so I could have someone who would join a flip flop walk.. Too bad you are farther You could probably visit us when I arrive...

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    At first my wife was going to bring about 10 pairs of shorts. But like you, she only had a limited amount of luggage space. In the end she brought just a few pairs of shorts so she could bring all of her jeans and hoodies. Then we just topped up with coats and jackets and boots when she arrived here on October 1st.
    Lastlid,

I don't have much shorts to bring so I could not be graham's idol...

I am starting to shop like it's winter in Philippines so I could use those clothes in the future...

My proposed civil partner visa only took 1 day to be processed and approved... it arrived first in my home in butuan before me... hehe. I was happy and confident... I am very good now on visa appplications.. hehehe... it was the third visa application i did and so far its always approved.
    BE nice or Leave!

Quote Originally Posted by jastinewhine View Post
    ... it was the third visa application i did and so far its always approved.
    It must be the twinkle in your eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    It must be the twinkle in your eyes
    must be terped... with persistence and determination...
    BE nice or Leave!

Congratulations Jona, 7 days, i love the sound of that.

My proposed civil partner visa only took 1 day to be processed and approved... it arrived first in my home in butuan before me... hehe. I was happy and confident... I am very good now on visa appplications.. hehehe... it was the third visa application i did and so far its always approved.

Wow, That's so amazing... will the schengen visa be the fourth? probably you will have the approval before you lodge the application... congratulations! i will rely on your info about obtaining the visa...

My fiance has a house in 12 Otley street, but it is being rented by Calderade right now... I am glad you live closer to ours so we could interview you... hehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Congratulations Jona, 7 days, i love the sound of that.
    Thank you Rory, it depends if the embassy is at its peak season... Do apply when there are lesser people in the Application center... You will definitely have it granted in one hour

Banned
    I think even in April you will be surprised how much cooler it is here compared to Phils. My wife said she knew that it was cooler here but didnt realise how much cooler it is.......but like I said, she has got used to the temperature difference.

I notice she wears her shorts outside just now but with leggins underneath. So she is still getting to wear them....she was strutting her stuff in them on tuesday and wednesday in London.....London Eye, Madam Tussauds etc

You were asking about Shengen Visas and Paris...see the thread started by Purple on the topic...

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....hlight=Shengen

hI jlags, yes it was amazing... it would be nice to meet u here in the UK,... u can interview me about how i get my visa so quick hehe.... when will u be here in the UK? anyway hapi new year
    BE nice or Leave!

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    I think even in April you will be surprised how much cooler it is here compared to Phils. My wife said she knew that it was cooler here but didnt realise how much cooler it is.......but like I said, she has got used to the temperature difference.

I notice she wears her shorts outside just now but with leggins underneath. So she is still getting to wear them....she was strutting her stuff in them on tuesday and wednesday in London.....London Eye, Madam Tussauds etc

You were asking about Shengen Visas and Paris...see the thread started by Purple on the topic...

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....hlight=Shengen

Thanks for the link Lastlid... Indeed, the question whether I will get used to the weather easily is my greatest fear for April... I might dress like a nun most of the time..

hI jlags, yes it was amazing... it would be nice to meet u here in the UK,... u can interview me about how i get my visa so quick hehe.... when will u be here in the UK? anyway hapi new year
    do you already have your schengen visa jastinewhine? do i need to schedule an appointment before the interview? hehehe.. just kidding..

hi jlags.. anyway im warren. i have no schengen visa yet, i will apply for one after i finish with my FLR.... so i dont know the answer of your question yet,sorry... i still need to do a research for it. when will u come to the UK?
    BE nice or Leave!

congratulations!!!

. i still need to do a research for it. when will u come to the UK?
    Hello warren... I am coming to UK on the 24th of April..when I end my hell like job.. I have already looked at the TLF (ba yun?) site... I need to provide 14 documents including photographs for the schengen visa, good good good luck to your application soon.. I am sure you will have it...

Quote Originally Posted by marikistin View Post
    congratulations!!!
    thank you..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information