Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

No Surrender to the EuroTrash

Interesting write up in The Daily Telegraph

Europe's blithering idiots and their flim-flam treaty

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...m-flam-treaty/

did they call Cameron's bluff

but a to cameron, who knows how this will end
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

well, wot can i say ? at least hes had the nerve to please some of his sceptics " euro ones of course" and maintain his job a bit longer but hes still full of bulls..t.

Now lets have that referendum for the good of our country..

Trusted Member
    You tell em Cameron !!!

At last someone with some balls !

As for that idiot Millipratt, and his usual wet response...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    You tell em Cameron !!!

At last someone with some balls !

As for that idiot Millipratt, and his usual wet response...
    Millipratt and Cleggy would have gone out there, brown hatted, bottled it and come back like Neville Chamberlain waving a useless bit of paper

Trusted Member
    Absolutely.

What can Labour say anyway ?

They got us into the damned mess in the first place....or were they both blind and stupid for the whole 13 years ?

guess he will come home to a HEROS welcome next week to have a yarn with the 1922 back bench committee... but just be reminded sunshine... weve got soldiers out in iraq n afghan with no proper gear to protect themselves.. ur still a soggy thatcherite.

Banned
    Absolutely.

They got us into the damned mess in the first place....or were they both blind and stupid for the whole 13 years ?
    A pair of spineless slugs those two, never forget it was Blair and Bottler who broke their promise of a referendum.

Just for motivational purposes there's a sound clip here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-16119332 of Maggie telling some tree hugging, sandal wearing old crone why we sent the SS Belgrano to Davy Jones Locker

Trusted Member
    They shouldn't have been sent there (Afghanistan) in the first place...or Iraq.

I wonder who was responsible for that.

Banned
    They shouldn't have been sent there (Afghanistan) in the first place...or Iraq.

I wonder who was responsible for that.
    SOP for Labourites selective memory as to who got us there. It's also useful then go back a few Govts and blame current ills on something an ancient history Tory administration did eg ceasing free school milk, selling off council houses etc

And who sent our troops to the Falklands? Cameron is in a no win situation now.

Trusted Member
    That was very different.

OUR territory was invaded and 1800 Britons taken prisoner.

Well now Cameron has said no I hope he carries on and continues to say no to all the other nonsense coming from Europe.
    As for being bad Europeans, it wasn`t so long ago during the BSE crisis that all of Europe closed their doors to our dairy products and the French in particular took years to re open their markets to us.
    Going further back the Belgiums refused to sell us amunition during our hour of need whilst a few of our other partners sat on the fence, could be a re run of the Argentine conflict soon for us to find out who our friends are.

Trusted Member
    I agree.

The sooner we break the chains with this bunch of either basket-case countries or those that just plain despise us, the better.

Yes I agree stuff em
    Not for one minute do I believe we need to be worried by them,We are a resourceful enough nation and of course saving their ungrateful asses out of world wars seems a distant memory for many now.
    What we actually should have done is a private deal with Germany and .......s to the rest of Europe,Uk and Germany combined would have been so strong.

Trusted Member
    We just need to rent a few more Pandas from China, open a few more call-centres in India, buddy up with the United States again, and former colonies like Canada and Australia.

The rest of Europe can go and take a run and jump, and all the EU migrant workers and benefit cheats return home to their world of horse-drawn ploughs and Premier League of corrupt politicians.

i would like us to start producing good quality cars, steal back our range rover technology, learn how to produce reliable cars on a par with toyota and start buying uk manufactured good. Then take another look at our fishing industry.

Trusted Member
    I agree.

There is nothing manufactured in the rest of the world that we can't make for (and buy) ourselves, especially since we invented most of the technology in the first place.

Banned
    I remember a forum member saying a while back...I think it was one of Apo's tribesmen...'to get a balanced view you have to read all the papers'

Well, if you'd read yesterdays Mirror and today's Mail you would of thought the story wasn't connected, such as there difference of opinion.

I'll do what I always do, trust the Mail . They've yet to fail me...great news, great value

Trusted Member
    I only buy newspapers in the Phils...mainly for their amusement value.

Even my free paper here that pops through my letterbox every Thursday is used solely for catching the drips from my health grill.

Banned
    I only buy newspapers in the Phils...mainly for their amusement value.

Even my free paper here that pops through my letterbox every Thursday is used solely for catching the drips from my health grill.
    We used to get those along with pizzas and curry advertising...a simple stick on sign from b and q ' no junk mail' has cured our woes...no more piles of waste paper to transfer straight to the recycling bin

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post

Much has been said about whether David Cameron handled this well or badly.
    Whatever his critics say about Cameron's premiership, he HAS to be admired for proving he's got the guts to ignore the terms of the pact between the leaders of France & Germany ... two of Europe's Superpowers - both geographically larger in area than the UK - and thereby concentrate on the electorate he represents. Love him or loathe him ... ... in disregarding the wishes of Sarkozy and Merkel, he's proved himself to have had the courage of his convictions to stand up and be accountable for what he firmly BELIEVES to be RIGHT for and its economic future as an independent nation.

I believe he was in a catch 22 situation Arthur, if he had voted for the treaty change there was a pretty good chance that it would have triggered the calling of a referendum here in the UK . That would most likely to have led to a no to Europe vote and a lot of MPs losing their gravy train, plus uncertain times for us.
    Using the veto was I think his only option.
    Interesting times ahead though

They got us into the damned mess in the first place...or were they both blind and stupid for the whole 13 years ?
    ... NOT a lot! Nothing sensible, at any rate! All Labour seemed capable of was echoing Sillyband's whingeing "orchestration" [puns intended] about it being "a terrible day for " ... conveniently forgetful (as you remind us) of the 13 years' havoc they'd created.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    I believe he was in a catch 22 situation Arthur, if he had voted for the treaty change there was a pretty good chance that it would have triggered the calling of a referendum here in the UK . That would most likely to have led to a no to Europe vote and a lot of MPs losing their gravy train, plus uncertain times for us.
    Using the veto was I think his only option.
    Interesting times ahead though
    Hmm ... possibly, Pete. Personally, though, I feel he'd have come under fire from the Opposition WHICHEVER way he voted. Let's say he HAD gone along with the proposals ... doubtless it would've given Labour the opportunity to THEN accuse him of being a "weak" Prime Minister ... too "spineless" to act in his country's best interests. At least now, he's shown himself to be anything but !

Banned
    Im with you Arthur....he did what was right for our country....nothing to do with catches and saving face...he stood, he was counted...he's the man!

That was very different.

OUR territory was invaded and 1800 Britons taken prisoner.
    I disagree Graham I think it was more for Political gain but thats life. We will see what happens to this european decision. Personally I dont know what to think.

Trusted Member
    Certainly political gain came into it, but national pride needed saving too, especially after the 'Cod Wars' humiliation, and we were obliged to protect the Falklanders.

Anyway, I'm glad we went down there and kicked ..... (It also revealed a lot of weaknesses in our armed forces and their equipment.)

i just missed Nigel Farage on the Andrew Marr show, also on Hague and clegg, clegg saying it was a mistake that cameron didnt sign, sounds like there could be a few problems there

should be on Iplayer later, i'll watch it then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ow_11_12_2011/
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    Clegg will pipe down.

He wants to continue his 5 minutes of fame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information