Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Some questions regarding the FLR (M) visa process.....

Hello everyone. I have just joined this site today and I think it is a fantastic resource! I hope to be able to contribute to the posts / threads in due course

I have recently married my Filipino wife and we are now wanting to apply for the FLR visa.

As I'm sure you all can imagine, the usual nerves have kicked and I would like to confirm that I have the correct and most up to date application form.

1) My application form is entitled FLR (M) Version 04/2011 is this the most up to date form?
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...forms/flr/flrm

2) Am I correct in think that as long as the UKBA receive the FLR visa application form before my wife's fiance/settlement visa expires (even if it's a matter of days), she can remain in the UK until we receive the FLR visa decision from UKBA?

3) Also, am I correct in thinking that the FLR (M) visa application form is only available for downloading and completion by hand and then posting or by appointment at a UKBA Public Enquiry Office?

Many thanks......

Quote Originally Posted by Garbo View Post
    Hello everyone. I have just joined this site today and I think it is a fantastic resource! I hope to be able to contribute to the posts / threads in due course

I have recently married my Filipino wife and we are now wanting to apply for the FLR visa.

As I'm sure you all can imagine, the usual nerves have kicked and I would like to confirm that I have the correct and most up to date application form.

1) My application form is entitled FLR (M) Version 04/2011 is this the most up to date form?
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...forms/flr/flrm

2) Am I correct in think that as long as the UKBA receive the FLR visa application form before my wife's fiance/settlement visa expires (even if it's a matter of days), she can remain in the UK until we receive the FLR visa decision from UKBA?

3) Also, am I correct in thinking that the FLR (M) visa application form is only available for downloading and completion by hand and then posting or by appointment at a UKBA Public Enquiry Office?

Many thanks......
    1. Yes.

2. Yes.
    UKBA states:-
    "If you make an application before your authorised stay ends, your existing immigration status will continue until your application is decided, even if the decision is not made until after the end of your permitted stay. If your existing visa or other permission to stay here allows you to work, you can continue to do so until your case is decided."

Personally I would strongly suggest to submit as soon as possible and try to maximise any time available to work with any issues that may crop up.
    Alternatively, if your application is straightforward and well supported with fully compliant documented evidence, and you have the budget why not consider a personal application at the PEO.

3. As far as I am aware currently, this is correct.

Thread Information