Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: success

success

We applied for the fiancée visa 17th October, and despite having to wait one month which appears quite long compared to other stories on here, the ECO approved the visa without further questions or documentation requirements. The CFO seminar was easy but they would not issue the sticker until the visa came into force on the 26th November so this entailed another trip back to their offices the day before the flight was due to depart as they are not open on a Saturday.
    I booked the flight online via expedia utilising the services of Air China via Beijing at fairly short notice for the princely sum of £352 which was reasonable compared to some on offer and in any event had the shortest flying time and as it is also a codeshare flight with Virgin the standard was fairly good. Loida arrived here the day before the strike so now we begin our new life together although she is already complaining about the cold despite the weather being relatively mild for the time of year. Still c'este la vie, everyone in our multi cultural society has to adapt to the British weather but the trade off is happiness so well worth the change of climate for sure.
    Good luck to all who are currently undergoing the process or about to apply, just be positive and make sure all documentation is present and correct and that truthfullness in your application will win the day.

Malcolm and Loida

Banned
    Nice one. And definitely a bargain on the airfare as ours cost twice as much.

congrats

Banned
    Well done

Quote Originally Posted by malchard888 View Post
    We applied for the fiancée visa 17th October, and despite having to wait one month which appears quite long compared to other stories on here, the ECO approved the visa without further questions or documentation requirements. The CFO seminar was easy but they would not issue the sticker until the visa came into force on the 26th November so this entailed another trip back to their offices the day before the flight was due to depart as they are not open on a Saturday.
    Malcolm ... may I extend belated congratulations to you and Loida. I've never properly understood the logic behind the CFO's point blank refusal to issue the sticker AHEAD of applicants' visa operative dates, though (seems to me an unnecessary waste of time!) - after all ... ... where's the problem?

I booked the flight online via expedia utilising the services of Air China via Beijing at fairly short notice for the princely sum of £352 which was reasonable compared to some on offer and in any event had the shortest flying time and as it is also a codeshare flight with Virgin the standard was fairly good. Loida arrived here the day before the strike so now we begin our new life together although she is already complaining about the cold despite the weather being relatively mild for the time of year. Still c'este la vie, everyone in our multi cultural society has to adapt to the British weather but the trade off is happiness so well worth the change of climate for sure.
    Good luck to all who are currently undergoing the process or about to apply, just be positive and make sure all documentation is present and correct and that truthfullness in your application will win the day.

Malcolm and Loida
    £352? That's a real bargain - the more especially, given the shorter flight times and the onboard service standards !!

about the British weather; however, that is something ELSE beyond our control.
    But ... as you say ... the "trade offs" - in the light of the "BIGGER picture" - make it all worthwhile in the end!

Trusted Member
    Congratulations to you both !

How old is your fiancee, if you don't mind me asking....seeing as you're an old bloke like me ?

Just wondering if UKBA is likely to have any issues with age gaps.

Congratulations Malcolm and Loida

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Congratulations to you both !

How old is your fiancee, if you don't mind me asking....seeing as you're an old bloke like me ?

Just wondering if UKBA is likely to have any issues with age gaps.
    Hi Graham. One of the things I worried with our application was our age gap. The way we dealt with it was just being bang on with photos and proof of visits and skype logs etc to make sure that the ECO knew it wasnt a sham arrangement or the like.
    I was also advised that the ECOs arent there or shouldnt be there to cast judgment on that score.....the only thing that bothers them is if it is a sham arrangement and a large age gap could, in their eyes, indicate that. Or so I was told.

Congratulations Malcolm and Loida

.... now you can start saving for the FLR, for the ILR, and for the British citizenship !
    No man is an island, but Barry is

I am 61 Graham and Loida is 34 this month so quite some difference but we had so much evidence of constant contact from January onwards that dont think they could call the relationship into question although as it took one month to issue the visa, maybe they did some investigation behind the scenes so to speak.

Banned
    Ours took 2 weeks when everyone elses on the forum was taking 2 or 3 days, at that time, so maybe that was why in our case....

Trusted Member
    I am 61 Graham and Loida is 34 this month so quite some difference but we had so much evidence of constant contact from January onwards that dont think they could call the relationship into question although as it took one month to issue the visa, maybe they did some investigation behind the scenes so to speak.
    Thanks. That's reassuring.

Looking forward to my neighbours' faces.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Thanks. That's reassuring.

Looking forward to my neighbours' faces.
    Yes. I remember you and other forum members reassuring me on that one way back in July.....so far so good.

wow congrats!!

me and my fiance are still waiting for the result of my visa application.
    i hope and pray it will be a success like yours.

god bless

age is just a number Graham, if the relationship works then friends, relations and neighbours have to accept and respect it. Lets face it many will be envious to see a gorgeous pinay on the end of your arm or walking hand in hand down the local high street.

age is just a number Graham, if the relationship works then friends, relations and neighbours have to accept and respect it. Lets face it many will be envious to see a gorgeous pinay on the end of your arm or walking hand in hand down the local high street.
    I gave up worrying about that, but I still get some odd looks and probing comments.
    I know just what to do and say if needed without loosing my cool.

Oh and so does my wife

Trusted Member
    Yes, you're right....plus, I've never given a about what other (jealous) people think anyway.

My ex was 17 years younger and that marriage lasted 12 years.... ie, a lot longer than the average one here does.

Malcolm and Loida

Congrats Malcolm and Loida!!!!

Congrats Malcolm and Loida!!!

Thread Information