Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    , Andy ... that's MY train of thought too!! Tbh, I'd no there was any set minimum ... yet! As far as I'm aware, these unrealistic proposals are presently at the drawing-board stage ... and what the UKBA person led you to believe, still applies.
    We are talking about Cameron and his cronies here Arthur. It will definatley go ahead,

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post

Matt Cavanagh, the think-tank's associate director, said: 'It isn't unreasonable - particularly in the current economic climate - to ask whether, if someone is destitute or entirely dependent on benefits, they should be allowed to bring in a spouse or partner who is likely to end up in a similar position

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1dw8m60Mi
    Excellent post, excellent idea Matty....this is commonsense talking now.

Doomed it maybe but, its idea I'd vote for

Banned
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/comment/tal...115946600.html

An interesting article related to this thread........
    Last edited by lastlid; 17th November 2011 at 20:38. Reason: Correction

Banned
    Extract :

"The Migration Advisory Committee did the sums and announced this morning that the salary would need to be somewhere between £18,700 and £25,700. It will almost certainly be accepted and implemented. That means half the working population of Britain are about to lose the right to fall in love with someone overseas and bring them home to live together. Only the rich can fall in love on holiday. Only the rich are allowed to live with the person they love. The poor must be apart, or leave their own country."

Trusted Member
    Also...bridegrooms.

Many are currently coming in for arranged marriages from the primitive Asian subcontinent, and that's what has probably caused the problems for the rest of us.

Of course they will also be the people most likely to fiddle their way round the regulations.

STUPID GOVERNMENT !

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Also...bridegrooms.

Many are currently coming in for arranged marriages from the primitive Asian subcontinent, and that's what has probably caused the problems for the rest of us.

Of course they will also be the people most likely to fiddle their way round the regulations.

STUPID GOVERNMENT !
    dont they always with everything

Aye ... but you see, Joe, I've never quite understood WHY such so-called "treaty rights" can be exercised by non-British Europeans bringing their partners to what is, after all, OUR country - yet WE are precluded from this privilege; it's GROSSLY unfair!
    yes, you can not exercise your treaty right in the country where your a citizen

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    I am sure that currently there is no set minimum figure as such, Andy. But papers get it wrong sometimes.
    there is no minimum income at the mo, some appeal judges use what you would get on income support as a married couple as a guideline, even some people on benefits and unemployed have managed to get a visa
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Exactly Joe but you key words are no minimum income AT THE MO. Anyway all will be revealed come April.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Extract :

"The Migration Advisory Committee did the sums and announced this morning that the salary would need to be somewhere between £18,700 and £25,700. It will almost certainly be accepted and implemented. That means half the working population of Britain are about to lose the right to fall in love with someone overseas and bring them home to live together. Only the rich can fall in love on holiday. Only the rich are allowed to live with the person they love. The poor must be apart, or leave their own country."
    I would hardly call someone earning (not bringing home) between 18.5 k and 25.5 k rich.

Even the goverment don't, to the extent of subsiding that income In working tax credit up to the tune of 11.5 k per year if you got 3 kids. Happy days ahh...for some.

I don't know what the complaining is all about, if you don't earn enough to look after yourself without any sort of benefits, how on earth are you going to look after your wife and kids, not without recourse to public funds.

The fact is, those non English speaking Europeans are now our new brothers and sisters....diddly squat we can do about it. That is unfair.

Trusted Member
    Oh, does that mean I can now travel throughout Europe without a passport ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Oh, does that mean I can now travel throughout Europe without a passport ?
    The UKBA are unable to protect our borders from the unlawful so im guessing they are taking the easier route by shafting the law abiding....in this case its justifiable...as for passports, naah just wrap yourself around a Polish truck's axle...when in Rome do as the Romans do

Surley a someone who has lived and worked in this country all his life has a right to marry who he wants and bring them here.?

Andy you are right
    I am John.... I have worked hard all my life here in the UK. I thought I had a good living..I have savings can go on holiday even travel round the world to get married.
    I have no intentions of bringing my wife Maricris to the UK and try to live off Benifits. I have never claimed for Benifits and hopefuly I never will. But the target the Goverment is asking is way out of my reach. I live here in the north.... some on this forum say it is not a lot of money..But I asure you not many employers are willing to pay £400+ a week not in the days of national minimum wage. Who knows what will happen if this is implemented there is no way I would reach the Goverments financial target. So dose Maricris stay were she is..this is all going pear shaped

Thanks for that John and very well said..

Quote Originally Posted by John_10 View Post
    Surley a someone who has lived and worked in this country all his life has a right to marry who he wants and bring them here.?

Andy you are right
    I am John.... I have worked hard all my life here in the UK. I thought I had a good living..I have savings can go on holiday even travel round the world to get married.
    I have no intentions of bringing my wife Maricris to the UK and try to live off Benifits. I have never claimed for Benifits and hopefuly I never will. But the target the Goverment is asking is way out of my reach. I live here in the north.... some on this forum say it is not a lot of money..But I asure you not many employers are willing to pay £400+ a week not in the days of national minimum wage. Who knows what will happen if this is implemented there is no way I would reach the Goverments financial target. So dose Maricris stay were she is..this is all going pear shaped
    John don't be so downhearted & don't be a victim, from your post you shouldn't have a problem.
    You've got to stay positive, hard though that seems sometimes, we've all been there.

andy222, you need to stop being so negative too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    John don't be so downhearted & don't be a victim, from your post you shouldn't have a problem.
    You've got to stay positive, hard though that seems sometimes, we've all been there.

andy222, you need to stop being so negative too.
    I agree.

Surley someone who has lived and worked in this country all his life has a right to marry who he wants and bring them here.?

But the target the Goverment is asking is way out of my reach. I live here in the north. ... some on this forum say it is not a lot of money..But I asure you not many employers are willing to pay £400+ a week not in the days of national minimum wage.
    with John. Even taking into account the combined total of MY Occupational and State Pensions, there's NO WAY I could match any more than half the unrealistic Government figures quoted. Those who claim it isn't a lot of money are either fortunate enough to be [that] well-off ... or they're living in cloud land. End of story!

Trusted Member
    For my new love....I'm prepared to sell my body.

Banned
    with John. Even taking into account the combined total of MY Occupational and State Pensions, there's NO WAY I could match any more than half the unrealistic Government figures quoted. Those who claim it isn't a lot of money are either fortunate enough to be [that] well-off ... or they're living in cloud land. End of story!
    25k is the average uk wage......no cuckoo land or well off.......it's just average.

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    25k is the average uk wage......not cuckoo land or well off....... it's just average.
    It may BE for the hours YOU purport to work (by your OWN admission) ... but the average wage for a senior clerk [which I was] putting in a NORMAL 36-hour working week is NOWHERE near £25k p.a.! Mark my words.

Banned
    It may BE for the hours YOU purport to work (by your OWN admission) ... but the average wage for a senior clerk [which I was] putting in a NORMAL 36-hour working week is NOWHERE near £25k p.a.! Mark my words.
    Goodness me I didn't state it was average....the national statistics did!

It just goes to show there's a north south divide

I assure you not many employers are willing to pay £400+ a week not in the days of national minimum wage.
    Referring once more to this extract from John's post ... ... ... again!

Goodness me I didn't state it was average.... the national statistics did!
    Ahh ... well, now ... ... I'm sure you're familiar with the old saying: "There's lies ... damn lies ... and statistics !!!".

Banned
    Ahh ... well, now ... ... I'm sure you're familiar with the old saying: "There's lies ... damn lies ... and statistics !!!".
    Says the gospel of St Arthur....it must true....anyway back to the grindstone

It just goes to show there's a north south divide
    ... there, I'd be inclined to agree!

....anyway back to the grindstone
    At 2.20 AM ? ... is the money REALLY WORTH it ?

Banned
    At 2.20 AM ? ... is the money REALLY WORTH it ?
    Its not that bad, before this I was working away, living in my truck coming home maybe one weekend in 4.

Contrary to belief, its not the fairys that fill your 24hr food stores.

If I didn't do it you can guarantee joe Pole would jump in my shoes and get paid a third of my wage and be thankful for it. That's how bad it is....us full time British born employees are literally a dying breed.

You know. I am always reading the posts on here and I have never found a more friendlier site. Even those who are settled here with their wives have given their support and input. Thanks for your support guys.

Trusted Member
    True....when they're not arguing in the middle of the bloody night !

Nice one Graham!

25k is the average uk wage......no cuckoo land or well off.......it's just average.
    who says the average wage is 25k
    old saying about statistics. put your head in an oven and your feet in a fridge, and statistics will tell you your doing fine

not many service jobs pay £25k, have a look in your local paper are paying that or more.. many pay minimum wage
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information