Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite

A NEWBIE needs your HELP!

Hello Everyone!

I am a new member here. I am planning to lodge my fiancee visa application in December. And I have loads of questions regarding my visa documents. I just took the IELTS exam last 22nd of October and I had satisfactory result. Now please have a look at out situation and hope you could be of help.

When my fiance and I met, we did not take much pictures because his NIkon cam was LOWBAT, just took 5 pictures then battery died. () We only have three pictures together within his ten day stay.. Would those be enough to prove that we have met? I have his travel quotation to the Philippines though. and the bunch of tissue where he wrote his birthday greetings.. Hahaha!

I decided to create a scrapbook as an evidence of our relationship, it includes, our love story skype chat logs, emails, poems we wrote for each other, ym archives, money transfer receipts, book orders and sent cards. Would the ECO consider a scrapbook or do I need to have a separate copy to be handed in to him?

My fiancee is employed but since the embassy did not specify what is "enough" i am afraid he is earning something which is considered not enough. He earns 1800 pounds a month, excluding the income which comes from the rent of his other house which is being rented by the Calderade State.

PLease give me ideas about how to be successful in the visa application..

Regards,

Jona

You seem to have enough requirements and documents there to show as proof of the relationship jlags90. Don't worry too much. Good luck with your application and welcome to the forum
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

Welcome Jona . Should be ok hopefully. Think positive. Grrrrr me just waiting for my english results almost a month now !

with the other respondents, Jona ... you seem to have sufficient - albeit somewhat unconventional - evidence of a subsisting relationship. Moreover, taking into account your fiance's monthly earnings and the income he derives from his property lease, he already has more than enough to support you financially. I would therefore suggest NOW is the time for you to download Form VAF 4A (Oct 2011) - and its accompanying guidelines - from the UK Border Agency Website and "start the ball rolling".

to our friendly forum, and Good Luck when submitting your application.

welcome to the forum, jona and goodluck
    love makes life worth living

welcome to the forum jona

good luck

Hi Jona

For yr information my fiancée applied for the visa on the 17th October and it was finally issued yesterday we are glad to say although I understand many are issued far quicker than this so the wait was rather tedious and worrying. We did submit reams of relevant documentation but no substantial evidence that we are going to get married other than an assurance from me that it would be within the six month time frame. Furthermore all my documentation was either copies or computer printouts so it would appear that it is not necessary for a notary public to certify the authenticity of such paperwork although perhaps this is decided on a case to case basis and subject to the manner in which you complete the application form.
    This is a really great site to come for advice with so many helpful contributors wiiling to help all they can, so please keep us informed of your progress and never be afraid to ask.
    Good luck and best wishes
    Malcolm

Respected Member
    include a good detailed cover letter with your application and explain why you have submitted just 3 pics together, it will make it easier to understand for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancashirelad View Post
    include a good detailed cover letter with your application and explain why you have submitted just 3 pics together, it will make it easier to understand for them.
    Ah, yes ...!

Thanks confusedme... well, nobody wants to have the visa denied... Thanks for being so accommodating everyone...

Thanks Malcolm... I did print every single chat.. (not its up to the ECO if he will read all! Hahaha! My fiancee wrote the cover letter and I have checked the letter before he wrote it (handwritten - which was a punishment!) Is the british embassy strict about age gaps? I am 21 and he is 45. Will it be a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLady View Post
    welcome to the forum jona

good luck
    thanks Leolady..

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    with the other respondents, Jona ... you seem to have sufficient - albeit somewhat unconventional - evidence of a subsisting relationship. Moreover, taking into account your fiance's monthly earnings and the income he derives from his property lease, he already has more than enough to support you financially. I would therefore suggest NOW is the time for you to download Form VAF 4A (Oct 2011) - and its accompanying guidelines - from the UK Border Agency Website and "start the ball rolling".

to our friendly forum, and Good Luck when submitting your application.
    I already have downloaded the Form. We need to do the application online, right? And just print out after we have completed filling in....Is it allowed to just download the form, print it and fill it up? I am still waiting for my fiance's documents, probably still sailing in the Pacific as of this moment. Thanks for the guidance. This site and the people here are of great help.

Quote Originally Posted by malchard888 View Post
    Hi Jona

For yr information my fiancée applied for the visa on the 17th October and it was finally issued yesterday we are glad to say although I understand many are issued far quicker than this so the wait was rather tedious and worrying. We did submit reams of relevant documentation but no substantial evidence that we are going to get married other than an assurance from me that it would be within the six month time frame. Furthermore all my documentation was either copies or computer printouts so it would appear that it is not necessary for a notary public to certify the authenticity of such paperwork although perhaps this is decided on a case to case basis and subject to the manner in which you complete the application form.
    This is a really great site to come for advice with so many helpful contributors wiiling to help all they can, so please keep us informed of your progress and never be afraid to ask.
    Good luck and best wishes
    Malcolm
    One more thing, did you include hotel bills in your application? I am afraid my fiance had thrown them!

Quote Originally Posted by jlags90 View Post
    Thanks Malcolm... I did print every single chat.. (not its up to the ECO if he will read all! Hahaha! My fiancee wrote the cover letter and I have checked the letter before he wrote it (handwritten - which was a punishment!) Is the british embassy strict about age gaps? I am 21 and he is 45. Will it be a problem?
    Well Im 60 and my fiancée is 33 so the answer is no it shouldnt make any difference as long as they believe the relationship is genuine and you submit sufficient documentation to back everything up then the age difference is not their business.

I already have downloaded the Form. We need to do the application online, right? And just print out after we have completed filling in....Is it allowed to just download the form, print it and fill it up? I am still waiting for my fiance's documents, probably still sailing in the Pacific as of this moment. Thanks for the guidance. This site and the people here are of great help.
    Yes u complete it online then when u have finished you download it and print it off then sign it and submit it in person to VSF along with all relevant documentation. Its all so fresh in my mind as it was so recent we did this so if you have any further questions, dont hesitate to ask and ill tell u what i know.
    malcolm

Well Im 60 and my fiancée is 33 so the answer is no it shouldnt make any difference as long as they believe the relationship is genuine and you submit sufficient documentation to back everything up then the age difference is not their business.

Thanks Malcolm.. I have been reading a lot online.. It's better to ask questions to the experienced one like you.. wish me luck.... have you tried using ordinary post in philippines? did the documents arrive sound and safe? we have been using ordinary mail for cards (the last one was with his debit card attached inside the envelope). it arrived safe to my hands.. I hope the documents arrive soon so I will stop worrying..

One more thing, did you include hotel bills in your application? I am afraid my fiance had thrown them!
    Yes I did Jona but maybe u can contact the hotel and ask them if they can confirm on e mail that your fiance did stay with them on the dates you stated in your application. Al;so a copy of his flight ticket might be a good idea to submit too.
    Malcolm

Yes u complete it online then when u have finished you download it and print it off then sign it and submit it in person to VSF along with all relevant documentation. Its all so fresh in my mind as it was so recent we did this so if you have any further questions, dont hesitate to ask and ill tell u what i know.
    malcolm

Thanks this forum helps me a lot... especially that my fiance is not that updated with this stuff... I am hoping to lodge the application by december..

Thanks Malcolm.. I have been reading a lot online.. It's better to ask questions to the experienced one like you.. wish me luck.... have you tried using ordinary post in philippines? did the documents arrive sound and safe? we have been using ordinary mail for cards (the last one was with his debit card attached inside the envelope). it arrived safe to my hands.. I hope the documents arrive soon so I will stop worrying..
    Yes Jona but i sent mine to Singapore which is where my fiancée was living and working before returning to Phil to apply for the visa.
    Sadly u cannot apply at the British Embassy in Singapore which meant she had to leave her job prematurely and hanfg around in manila till they got their finger out and issued the visa.
    malcolm

Yes I did Jona but maybe u can contact the hotel and ask them if they can confirm on e mail that your fiance did stay with them on the dates you stated in your application. Al;so a copy of his flight ticket might be a good idea to submit too.
    Malcolm
    Thats my problem, my fiance had misplaced his ticket (trivia: he might have thrown those the moment he arrived back in UK) One resort refused to give us a copy of the folio... because they said thay have already released it with the billing.. sigh...

Thanks this forum helps me a lot... especially that my fiance is not that updated with this stuff... I am hoping to lodge the application by december..
    Jona,

If he needs any advice he can contact me via e mail (malchard@msn.com) and Ill willingly help him out.
    Malcolm

Thats my problem, my fiance had misplaced his ticket (trivia: he might have thrown those the moment he arrived back in UK) One resort refused to give us a copy of the folio... because they said thay have already released it with the billing.. sigh...
    I assume he didnt make the booking online otherwise you could have downloaded the evidence from there.
    Malcolm

I assume he didnt make the booking online otherwise you could have downloaded the evidence from there.
    Malcolm
    is there a way to gather all those online? he did all his transactions for his philippine trip online. Could you tell me a way to retrieve it? He constantly cleans his inbox.. so those might have been deleted... are the other possible ways? I think I am enlightened.. I might need to ask for his password and stuff so I could browse all his emails... lol (he's not so close to technology!)

Jona,

If he needs any advice he can contact me via e mail (malchard@msn.com) and Ill willingly help him out.
    Malcolm
    thanks, i would love to tell this to him.. where are you living in UK?

thanks, i would love to tell this to him.. where are you living in UK?
    Uxbridge which is very near heathrow airport. get him to mail me and if necessary I can perhaps call him if he lets me know his number and tell him first hand my experience of the application process
    malcolm

Uxbridge which is very near heathrow airport. get him to mail me and if necessary I can perhaps call him if he lets me know his number and tell him first hand my experience of the application process
    malcolm
    i have sent him an email regarding our chats... He might contact you anytime soon... How will he be able to have access to his previous tickets and online hotel reservation aside from looking at it in his inbox? are there other ways?

i have sent him an email regarding our chats... He might contact you anytime soon... How will he be able to have access to his previous tickets and online hotel reservation aside from looking at it in his inbox? are there other ways?
    I dont usually delete anything until it is months old just in case i need to refer back, hopefully he has also not done any deletions but of course only he knows if that is the case.
    malcolm

is there a way to gather all those online? he did all his transactions for his philippine trip online. Could you tell me a way to retrieve it? He constantly cleans his inbox.. so those might have been deleted... are the other possible ways? I think I am enlightened.. I might need to ask for his password and stuff so I could browse all his emails... lol (he's not so close to technology!)
    MIght be a problem if he has deleted everything, so u better take a look yourself if he is not up to speed with the pc and internet.
    malcolm

MIght be a problem if he has deleted everything, so u better take a look yourself if he is not up to speed with the pc and internet.
    malcolm
    Hello Malchard888

I wrote something into your profile, I hope you will reply to it soon! Thank you so much

GraceAdam
    ADAMGRACE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information