Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Help - divorcing a filipina in UK, she only has FLR

Hi guys.

Unfortunately my relationship with Rona has come to a premature end, having lasted about 20 Months since we got married. We could never find a happy medium, either having a great time, or a disastrous time. Her high temper and laziness was the main reason we split, but it's very clear she's been happy to spend time with other guys since we split.

Anyway, I'm looking for advice. Personally I'm confused as to why she doesn't go straight home to be with her family, but she's causing a few issues while she's in the UK, primarily by trying any and all means to make money.
    I'm trying to find out where she stands with her FLR and changing to ILR. Her FLR expires in February - is there any way she could renew it?

I can't see anything obvious, but I'm concerned she may try and find less ethical loopholes like pregnancy. (NB It would not be mine)
    I may be overestimating her ability to act machiavellian, or simply underestimating her morals, but there has been so much deceit that has now become apparent I'm trying to cover all bases and know exactly where I stand.

Thanks
    Mark
    'The mind is like a parachute - It works best when its OPEN'

If you find my posts useful, amusing or interesting please feel free to add to my reputation

Mark,

check your PMs
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Hi if shes FLR then the terms of her visa are that she has to be living with her husband as man and wife if she is not then the terms of her visa have been breached and her visa could be cancelled by the border agency or not be renewed . The border agency can check the circumstances at any time to verify the visa terms are not breached

So sorry to hear this sad news. No matter what we think such things can and do happen.

The spouse (that's you) needs to sign a declaration on the FLR form itself.
    Sounds like that's not going to happen.
    If you wish you can also send a formal letter to UKBA stating the situation.

UKBA may or may not do anything.
    I believe though that as you are both still married, they will 'keep you in the loop'.

Trusted Member
    Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Some aspects of this sound rather familiar....though in our case I didn't find out until 12 years in, and after her absorption of my material assets.

Banned
    So sorry to read about your predicament Mark.

Firstly you are legally obliged to inform border control. They will need date of her leaving you, an address of where she went to live Phone number she is using and present employer details.....make sure you copy what you send and make sure its sent recorded delivery.

As for ilr, she won't get that, pregnant or not, not without your input.

Whether they deport her or not, its not your problem, you've done your bit by informing, that's it.

Trusted Member
    Correct....hence the important word 'Sponsor.'

No sponsorship throughout the agreed term = no visa.

Write to the UKBA, and tell them everything..she should be deported back to the Philippines!!

Wishing you the best of luck Mark.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

I'm so sorry to hear this, and wish you get the situation resolved without too much hassle (although a bag of money seems to help).
    I too would certainly write to the UKBA and then leave it to them.

Good luck and sorry I can't add any more to the good advice.

Tone

i doubt the HO will curtail her visa with 4 months left ( see what happened with Mick)
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thanks all.
    I've since taken independent legal advice and they agree. I'm still not sure where this leaves me with regard to divorce and maintenance payments etc, but I have now started the process, and Border Control were informed about our separation well over a month ago. They now have a second letter with far more detail as well and confirming that divorce proceedings have been started.

This hurts :(
    As much as I've rationally justified it and got over the initial emotional lurch, I fell in love deeper than I EVER did before and feel abused now. :(
    'The mind is like a parachute - It works best when its OPEN'

If you find my posts useful, amusing or interesting please feel free to add to my reputation

Respected Member
    I'm sorry to hear about your situation, and really hope that you resolve it and it doesn't leave you with a bad impression of Filipinas. I wish you all the best in resolving the problems you have.
    All the best.

This is really an eye opener and a sad ending.

love is blind, but some good advice here, take it and move on, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i doubt the HO will curtail her visa with 4 months left ( see what happened with Mick)
    Mark, our circumstances were a bit alike, my divorce from my Filipina wife went through here in the UK, even though she would not reply to court documents.

Very painful for me, and in my case the UKBA told me that what happens to my ex were nothing to do with me after the divorce, but I know the visa has expired and she is still in the UK.
    Mick.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi! Mark, in order for her to get an Indefinite Leave to Remain you have to be there to sign her applications a photograph of yours has to be submitted along with your original passport so there is no way she can apply the next step without your help!

"Whatever you hold in your mind will tend to occur in your life. If you continue to believe as you have always believed, you will continue to act as you have always acted. If you continue to act as you have always acted, you will continue to get what you have always gotten. If you want different results in your life or your work, all you have to do is change your mind." im sure yo know this. when i saw your message here at first i ignore it. but because it reminds me of my husband who is always a negative thinker.. no offense but i think she has her reasons too. u could have speak to her face to face before planning this things behind her back.

Thread Information