Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Would you agree to have a divorce here in the Philippines?

Do you think its better to have divorce here in the Philippines? I've seen many couples even they don't sleep together anymore and make love, they were having a very unhappy marriage they still have to be together for the sake of their marriage,filing an annulment is very expensive so they cant let each other free..but to be honest in my own point of view when you say annulment it means nothing happened, how could it be annulled if they have plenty of kids already and being together for many years?Crazy right? so maybe having divorce here would be better to those unhappy marriage being free again, what do you think?''lol''anyways i heard before that the government implemented it but i have no idea if it was being granted already..

annulment and divorce are they not pretty much the same thing , just different names

Banned
    as far as i know is that annulment is a legal procedure which cancels a marriage between a man and a woman. Annulling a marriage is as though it is completely erased - legally, it declares that the marriage never technically existed and was never valid.and however a divorce is the ending of a valid marriage between a man and a woman returning both parties to single status with the ability to remarry.But i beleive your right its pretty much thesame but i do believe that annulment is pretty much expensive..hehehe not sure though

Respected Member
    I believe that if anyone in the Philippines (Pinoy or foreign) starts a relationship with a Filipina who has not had their marriage annulled, they will be committing adultery and could face a possible jail sentence.

Personally, I would not have a relationship with a Pinay who did not have proof of annullment, rotting in a Filipino jail is not my idea of fun

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    In Phil practicality all so called annulments are in effect divorce but by another name. Thus the parties cannot get married again in the church.

Annulment is a finding that there never was a marriage for reasons set out in law (example, the person who conducted the marriage was an imposter who did not have the authority to perform a marriage; One party was already married and was not divorced etc)

If a person's marriage is annulled they can marry in the church as no marriage ever took place.

Divorce is where there was a valid marriage but a court has dissolved it. In which case in most jurisdictions one is free to marry again, however, not in the Catholic Church.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elvie89 View Post
    as far as i know is that annulment is a legal procedure which cancels a marriage between a man and a woman. Annulling a marriage is as though it is completely erased - legally, it declares that the marriage never technically existed and was never valid.and however a divorce is the ending of a valid marriage between a man and a woman returning both parties to single status with the ability to remarry.But i beleive your right its pretty much thesame but i do believe that annulment is pretty much expensive..hehehe not sure though
    For the reasons I have explained above this is not so, No valid marriage can ever be annulled, one can only be divorced.

Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    [B]
    Divorce is where there was a valid marriage but a court has dissolved it. In which case in most jurisdictions one is free to marry again, however, not in the Catholic Church.
    that's the reason why that bill hasnt been passed yet...it's been there for a long time now, but the Church protested against it vehemently...but let's face it, there are too many failed marriages now in this country, isnt it a bigger sin to live with a new partner while the marriage with previous partner isnt annulled? And annulment, isnt it being hypocrite of the system to annulled a marriage, to make it like it didnt happened? anyways, that's just my opinion, my cluttered opinion
    love makes life worth living

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    In Phil practicality all so called annulments are in effect divorce but by another name. Thus the parties cannot get married again in the church.

Annulment is a finding that there never was a marriage for reasons set out in law (example, the person who conducted the marriage was an imposter who did not have the authority to perform a marriage; One party was already married and was not divorced etc)

If a person's marriage is annulled they can marry in the church as no marriage ever took place.

You are bloody right johncark54

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetnote143 View Post
    that's the reason why that bill hasnt been passed yet...it's been there for a long time now, but the Church protested against it vehemently...but let's face it, there are too many failed marriages now in this country, isnt it a bigger sin to live with a new partner while the marriage with previous partner isnt annulled? And annulment, isnt it being hypocrite of the system to annulled a marriage, to make it like it didnt happened? anyways, that's just my opinion, my cluttered opinion
    Thats my own opinion too sweetnote.

Trusted Member
    Solution:

Phils govt. to tell the the Catholic church to mind their own damned business and follow the Spanish back home....then join the rest of us in the 21st century.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Solution:

Phils govt. to tell the the Catholic church to mind their own damned business and follow the Spanish back home....then join the rest of us in the 21st century.
    right!!! but phil govt are being under the power of the church anyway..just like what happend to our previous president josept estrada the bishop lim doesnt like him and what happend to him being accused into something he never done..and being replaced to the new president GMA who is being closed to the church,which is the most corrupt president..lol well im sorry to all GMA supporters but thats what i learned lol..hehehe

Respected Member
    I have the solution.

Change the law to make it possible to get an easy and cheap divorce (only lawyers benefit from from the present situation and like so often only the poor suffer because of it) but call it 'judicial annulment.'

As I said they have been doing that for years and 'The Church' have accepted / tolerated it. Then everyone would be happy, except for the lawyers and, 'You can't please all of the people all of the time'.

hi

Solution:

NICE ONE!

That is really true..........

Quote Originally Posted by elvie89 View Post
    right!!! but phil govt are being under the power of the church anyway..just like what happend to our previous president josept estrada the bishop lim doesnt like him and what happend to him being accused into something he never done..and being replaced to the new president GMA who is being closed to the church,which is the most corrupt president..lol well im sorry to all GMA supporters but thats what i learned lol..hehehe
    We Filipinos are very concern with GMA...... we will even ask Dr. M.......ry to come here and help GMA and ease her pain ehehhehehhe!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skinicuk View Post
    We Filipinos are very concern with GMA...... we will even ask Dr. M.......ry to come here and help GMA and ease her pain ehehhehehhe!
    Hehehehe Right she is ill now because she and her husband having a case about millions of dollar or pesos of the phil i know its not yet prove though lol but question is she really in pain?well she might be but sometimes its strange lol( sorry just my opinion)
    ..im not being prejudice but like i said sometimes its strange! i just have no bloody idea hahaha.ops

They could just legalize Divorce. Both are not much of a difference... They just make it hard and complicated in Pinas...
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

Think 1,000 times before getting married.........

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skinicuk View Post
    Think 1,000 times before getting married.........
    now thats a good point..

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Actually, in Philippine law, annulment refers to the voiding of a voidable marriage. There is also what is technically called a "judicial declaration of nullity of marriage" (JDNM) for a void marriage from the start. But these two are referred to as "annulment" by laymen.

The annulment in civil courts are completely independent from the annulment in the Roman Catholic Church, although in cases of annulment under Article 36 of the Family Code, which is taken from one of the canons of the Roman Catholic Church, the decisions of the Roman Catholic Church as to interpretation are to be given great weight by the courts. Thus, just because one's marriage is annulled in the civil courts does not mean that one can get married in the Church, and vice-versa.

I discussed the differences among annulment, JDNM, legal separation and divorce from the perspective of Philippine law here: http://diborsyo.com/50-annulment-v-l...v-divorce.html

Trusted Member
    Welcome to the forum.

whatever it takes still if your unhappy..in your marriage life..either you let go or not..regardless of there is divorce or not..
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

I'm considering developing a smartphone 'app' to make people single again

single or double will do my" friend"

Trusted Member
    Too late...status changed now.

Too late...status changed now.
    pretty easy get a pen and white ink to erase...done

Thread Information