Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Biometrics

Biometrics

Ok guys I know Im thick nut this is new to me. In manila when we submit the visa application we intend to take the V.I.P option. Im just wondering what this biometrics thing is and how long it takes?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Ok guys I know Im thick nut this is new to me. In manila when we submit the visa application we intend to take the V.I.P option. Im just wondering what this biometrics thing is and how long it takes?
    Fingerprinting and eye scanning....im sure Jane had that done when getting her passport in Mynila

She had it done again when passing through customs at Heathrow.

That's all i can add, sorry

Ok thanks for the reply mate.

Banned
    Ok thanks for the reply mate.
    For matters of this gravity its always best to refer to the UKBA website....its extremely user friendly...give it a go.

You tend to get a better response on here if your avitar is of a sexy young nymph with ample cleavage spilling over the breech

Its not that bad mate I have been given some good advice on here.

Banned
    biometrics takes only for a few minutes and done.

Banned
    My wife went the VIP lounge route. The Biometrics were done at the same time. It was all over in about 20 minutes....the lot, both the biometrics and the application submission and a drink and some food too.
    Last edited by lastlid; 11th November 2011 at 14:20. Reason: Expand on original posting.

Great news lasltid thanks for that.

. After you submit your application, they will then get your biometrics (photograph, finger scan and signature). Only takes few minutes
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

Oh thanks for that. Should all be done in 1 day then? I mean biometrics and submitting the visa application? We will be using the V.I.P service. How long does it take for a decision to be made about the visa?

Submission of application and biometrics doesn't even take a whole day. Decision times vary. Just make sure you complete all requirements Andy... Good luck
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

Thanks your a angel. Its all the documents I need thats worrying me anyway I will enquire about those later. We are not submitting the visa application until september.

Banned
    We are not submitting the visa application until september.
    September?

Banned
    Oh thanks for that. Should all be done in 1 day then? I mean biometrics and submitting the visa application? We will be using the V.I.P service. How long does it take for a decision to be made about the visa?
    Like I said, Andy, if you use the VIP service then submitting the application and the biometerics is done at the same time. It took my wife 20 minutes to do both, once she had arrived at VFS. (Most of her day, that day, was taken up travelling from home to VFS and back).

A mate of hers had her spouse visa application done through the VFS VIP Lounge, just a few days ago and it took 15 minutes total - for both the submission of application and the biometrics.

On the decison........thats a different matter and it took us 2 weeks from the date of submission. But many on here recently have received theirs in just 2 or 3 days. But of course it can take up to 3 months.......
    Last edited by lastlid; 14th November 2011 at 12:02. Reason: Correction

its been one month now since my fiancée applied, its so frustrating when u hear of some being issued in a matter of days

Thanks laslid. Its just that I cant stay there and wait for 3 months. I will have 4 weeks maximum. That is all the boss will allow me. It will be september at the earliest. I have a few things to sort out mate and I only want 1 shot at this thats why I am asking for advice.

i am also wondering if its possible that they have mislaid the paperwork and as a consequence forgatten about it so do u think it wise to enquire about the length of time its taking as all documents were submitted and i provided ample evidence of available funds. Sadly my fiancée had to leave her job in Singapore as the rules do not allow for the fiancée visa application i n a country other than the Philippines and of course her savings are running short now and frustration is creeping in.

I would enquire mate. I would be very stressed after a month of waiting.

ive e mailed the embassy tonight politely asking for an update, lets see if i get the courtesy of a reply in the morning

Good luck mate keep us informed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by malchard888 View Post
    its been one month now since my fiancée applied, its so frustrating when u hear of some being issued in a matter of days
    Yes. And one cant see into the building to see why there is a delay. Oh to be a fly on the wall in there.

Why did ours take 2 weeks and many others 2 or 3 days? God knows. Maybe just an element of luck or maybe some specific checks are being done. If your application is sitting on someone's desk on the bottom of the pile or something then a nudge from yourselves will surely help. I notice sim and lil are in their 3rd week also. Maybe the spell where the ECO's rattled through them in just a few days has come to and end as it isn't so long ago that several weeks was more the norm.

Anyhow. Goodluck. Hope you hear soon.

Well would u believe that we received an automatically generated e mail this morning from the Embassy stating that the fiancée visa would be despatched shortly; was this prompted by my e mail last night or maybe it was just a coincidence, well we will never know but at least we have won even though it has taken a month so there have been a lot of happy people today.
    On a slightly different note, I have read in here that the sponsors copy documents should be attested by a notary public to confirm their authenticity but just for the record, all my documents were purely photocopies or computer generated printouts, so maybe this caused the delay as the ECO may have felt the need to check they were true copies assuming this government department have the authority to quiz banks and the land registry office etc but again I will never know.
    Anyway maybe this will give encouragement to any others whose applications are in the pipeline and are concerned with the length of time elapsed since the submission of their relevant paperwork, so good luck to all and its is indeed a pleasure to belong to this informative and helpful forum, after all a problem shared is a problem halved and there is a wealth of information provided by the members, so lets keep the ball rolling and help all we can..
    Best regards
    Malcolm and Loida.

Well done mate at least theres a happy ending.

Banned
    WOW Yes. Good result eventually.

Thread Information