Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Post been applying for general visitor visa

Hello everyone,
    Btw,i am engaged in same sex relationship i know its kinda different ,but here we go,i just applied for a general visitor visa week ago but my question i dont have enough funds in my own but my sponsor have more than enough,i am 21 years old student,i have my credit card but i only have 20 thousand credit limit but i have my saving which is only 11 thousand pesos so basically i only have 30 thousand plus,
    I am planning to go with my partner this coming nov,we are currently together now and he been back here 5 times in less than a year would that help?i also have my certificate of legal absence from the school i went too..i intend to stay UK for just 2 months or so because i need to comeback here in feb my school,Do you guys think i have a positive result?let me know please!!!

Respected Member
    Hi elvie,
    It's a shame you didn't come on the forum before you applied, we could have helped you a bit more. Anyway, It's very difficult to say. The fact that you have a reason to return and a certificate of legal absence will be in your favour. Going for 2 months and having limited funds will however count against you.
    Without knowing more, its very hard to know which way you're application will go.

Hi there elvie, welcome here,

As Ricky said, it's pity you didn't find us earlier.

As with all visa applications it really does depend on the total and complete picture the ECO develops from your application.

Obviously key issues do tend to hinge many times (but not always) on reasons to return and supporting finances.

The ECO needs to be convinced that the reasons to return to the Philippines outweigh the reasons to overstay in UK.
    To be honest for students it's always going to be tough.

On the financial side the ECO needs to be convinced that sufficient funds are available.
    As long as your 'sponsor' supported with good evidence of this for the declared visit duration.

Anyway I do hope it goes well for you both.
    Best of luck

Banned
    Yeah it so sad,i just found this forum you guys could of been help with some advice but anyway thank you for taking time to reply with my post,i am also hoping all goes well with it,i just track my application it says still in process at high commission i will surely post in here what would be the result....

Quote Originally Posted by elvie89 View Post
    Hello everyone, i am engaged in same sex relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by elvie89 View Post
    i just found this forum you guys could of been help with some advice but anyway thank you for taking time to reply with my post,i am also hoping all goes well with it,i just track my application it says still in process at high commission
    Ah ... there's no need to reproach yourself, Elvie. It's always easy to be "wise after the event" as the saying goes. And ... ... who really knows how much difference it would've made HAD you contacted us sooner?

Meantime, I'd like to bid you to this friendly site and wish you and your partner well in your relationship.

Banned
    well i finally got the result yesterday....its my saddest moment right now...They actually refused me...what do i have to do next??If i cant go with him this time..i don't know what would happened to me.sigh!!help me everyone...ive been crying all night but i guess thats life ups and down like they said everything happend for a reason and i hope there would be a light ahead.its not really the end of the day but this trip is very important for us,we know ourselves we are genuine but we cant control them though..so all advice and suggestion would very much appreciated...

Thread Information