Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Sigh! English A1

Good day everyone. I'm Gracey based in the Philippines. I got married last May 18,2011. My husband is a UK national and we are now ready to go through this settlement visa for UK. I was required to take this basic English exam which I already did in Cebu last Oct 15. Its just frustrating why it take so long to wait for the result. Was told before only ten days, now its almost 3 weeks of waiting. We have plans to spend Christmas together if we can start processing our visa on this month at least. Does anyone know how can I speed up my results. Your suggestion will be much appreciated. Thank you.

hi there my fiancee took her ielts test in manila she got hers 13 days after she was also given infomation to fin out result on line you will need to go find out from the vfs office you applyed test from

Have you already made contact to the Test Centre and the Awarding Body?

Thank you.

hmm hi there..

I think we have same problem..imagine we've been waiting for my certificate for ages ..it's been my 8th week of waiting. Me and my fiancee keep chasing the English Centre in Cebu. (i guess, i knew where you took your english exam)

i took last 9th September, 2011 and by October our documents were ready for submission but because of this SUPER DELAYED in releasing my cert. i wasn't able to submit it, i cancelled the appointment and make another online visa form because mine was expired last 5th Nov.

me and my fiancee went to their office last Oct 12 just to check what was going on and why it took them like years before they will give that cert. to me/us. and the manager and his wife was so promising telling us that "they called the city and guilds and its coming, its in the post" blah blah.. imagine that day we will go to Manila to submit my documents but because of their services it ruined the process..

seriously, we long for that because it's not easy to be apart to the person you love and we are hoping to be together this christmas. :(

it is just so frustrating to think that maybe this time when I went to Manila on my appointment day (Oct 12) i should have gone to UK right now and be with my fiancee.

but we are still very hopeful that it will come this week.. fingers crossed..

BTW, keep texting them.. that's what i did to them everyday and his wife is angry with me. nah the hell i care to them..all i want is my certificate.. errrrrrr sooo annoying really.. :((
    ADAMGRACE

Why not publish the name of test centre?
    (I've got a feeling we may all be able to guess )

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GraceAdam View Post
    .....nah the hell i care to them..all i want is my certificate.. errrrrrr sooo annoying really.. :((
    I sympathise. How annoying. Hopefuly when you do get your visa application in it will be quick like many seem to be just now.

This was the single biggest delay to Rina coming to the UK!
    So I completely understand your frustration, I would as already advised either call or go there and find out - we were told that the tests take 15 working days for the results to come in (A1 TOEIC) so maybe another couple of days?

Good luck with it though!

hi lastlid,

Yes, I really hope it will be that quick like 1 day of judgement..it is all God's will..

it is super annoying because now my fiancee will send me his updated Bank statement and payslips for month of Oct or worst including month of Nov. it is just a waste of TIME and MONEY... wahhhhhhhhhhhh Please, Lord help us and to those couple who are waiting for the cert. as well.. :((
    ADAMGRACE

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    This was the single biggest delay to Rina coming to the UK!
    So I completely understand your frustration, I would as already advised either call or go there and find out - we were told that the tests take 15 working days for the results to come in (A1 TOEIC) so maybe another couple of days?

Good luck with it though!
    Hi Tone,

I keep texting them like everyday just to follow-up but all their saying :No certificate yet, the moment we will receive it i will really text you right away: I know the owner was really annoyed by me because I keep on asking her.

the wife of the owner said that her husband really flew to UK just to check personally what happened to the certificates but I asked again, is there any progress because I think your husband flew to UK last Oct so i guess he can give us any good news now? but they can't still even give us the reason why it took this long.. :/
    ADAMGRACE

Grace,
    City & Guilds International Site.Contacts

If you have a query on:
    Exam entries
    Registrations/enrolment
    Certificates
    Invoices
    Missing or late exam materials
    Nominal roll reports
    Results
    Contact us by:

T: 0844 543 0000
    F: 0207 294 2413
    E: centresupport@cityandguilds.com or complete our online form
    (Open: Monday to Friday 08:00h to 18:00h)

Terpe, thanks a lot for the info,,,, I will call them if they can give me my entries so can check it.

Banned
    No surprise to read the name Theodilite

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Grace,
    City & Guilds International Site.Contacts

If you have a query on:
    Exam entries
    Registrations/enrolment
    Certificates
    Invoices
    Missing or late exam materials
    Nominal roll reports
    Results
    Contact us by:

T: 0844 543 0000
    F: 0207 294 2413
    E: centresupport@cityandguilds.com or complete our online form
    (Open: Monday to Friday 08:00h to 18:00h)
    thank you Terpe, my fiancee called the city and guilds already and they told him that they can send another certificate only if the English Center here will ask another request/certificate. to them and they will send that one for free to my fiancee's house in UK and my fiancee will courier it to me, we'll see how it goes.

Terpe, I have a question..

is it possible that the owner will just write something to the british embassy in Manila saying that I took and passed the english exam but the certificate is not here yet, so they will just courier it as soon as they got it to Manila? with their signature. they wanted me to get the letter and i keep saying to them...that No it is not possible because I think it clearly stated that they need the Certificate not the letter or anything..I don't want to take the risk because I know if I will do that.. I will surely be denied.. and I don't want our hard work, with all the waiting and purely everything will just be nothing because of that piece of s**t..
    ADAMGRACE

Quote Originally Posted by Gracey Bladon View Post
    Terpe, thanks a lot for the info,,,, I will call them if they can give me my entries so can check it.
    Hi Gracey,

wahhhhhhh I really want to contact you or anything just to reach out with you.. but i dont know how.. i think, you seldom opens your account here and i can't write something privately to you because you're still a newbie..u need to post more..ehehe

anyways, I will go to their office today.. wanna go with me??
    ADAMGRACE

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    No surprise to read the name Theodilite
    Awwww :(
    ADAMGRACE

Hey there.... the wife is not there,,, she still in Bohol i called the office if they can at least me my tracking number....hmnnnn u can email u can add me in your ym...graceybladon@yahoo.com so we can talk privately...lookig forward to speak to u xxx bless

Quote Originally Posted by GraceAdam View Post
    thank you Terpe, my fiancee called the city and guilds already and they told him that they can send another certificate only if the English Center here will ask another request/certificate. to them and they will send that one for free to my fiancee's house in UK and my fiancee will courier it to me, we'll see how it goes.

Terpe, I have a question..

is it possible that the owner will just write something to the british embassy in Manila saying that I took and passed the english exam but the certificate is not here yet, so they will just courier it as soon as they got it to Manila? with their signature. they wanted me to get the letter and i keep saying to them...that No it is not possible because I think it clearly stated that they need the Certificate not the letter or anything..I don't want to take the risk because I know if I will do that.. I will surely be denied.. and I don't want our hard work, with all the waiting and purely everything will just be nothing because of that piece of s**t..
    My advice would be to contact the Embassy with that question and ask for a written confirmation if they agree.
    I'm sorry but I just don't know if it's possible. Worth trying I'd have thought though.

Hi, Grace I spoke to the secretary today and as per wife " she does no have my tracking number oh gheee!!! but with assurance saying the husband is following it up ....fortunately he is in UK for two weeks already so hopefully he is doing about it. I will keep you post whatever xxxx good luck.

Thread Information