Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

ECO has made a mistake for my spouse visa application

Dear all, I really appreciate if you could share your experience with me and give me some advice.

I am from HK and submitted my spouse visa on 30/9. I got a email from ECO 4 days after I submitted documents and said they have refused my applications as I have submitted a certificate from CITY AND GUILDS as evidence of english test, which on the provider list, I have to provide an International Diploma from that organization.

However, my english test certificate is from Trinity College in London, which I am 100% sure that is on the provider's list. Now the ECO requested me to bring in the correct Diploma from City and Guilds before they start to lodge in my application.

Its obvious that they have made a mistake, I have emailed him back right away to clarify, but have not heard from him since then. It has been a month already and now I am stuck.

I have called the VFS and they asked me to send email to 2 different address, but still no one reply me yet. The waiting is painful, but it obviously that the mistake was made by ECO, I really have no idea how could he say my english test is from a totally different institute than the one I have submitted.

Is there anyone have any idea what is the best way to contact them to clarify?

Please help and some positive vibes!

Joan xx

Quote Originally Posted by joanbubu View Post

I am from HK and submitted my spouse visa on 30/9. I got a email from ECO 4 days after I submitted documents and said they have refused my applications as I have submitted a certificate from CITY AND GUILDS as evidence of english test, which on the provider list, I have to provide an International Diploma from that organization.

However, my english test certificate is from Trinity College in London,

Is there anyone have any idea what is the best way to contact them to clarify?

Joan xx
    hello welcome to the forum yes its confusing that you submitted certificate from city and guilds and took english test with trinity college , both of them are in official list of test providers in the UK in Hongkong website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...lish-tests.pdf
    anyway, contact them everyday to clarify the documents you submitted heres the link http://ukinhongkong.fco.gov.uk/en/vi...as/contact-us/
    good luck!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Respected Member
    If I were you, I'd bombard them from every angle at all e-mail addresses, and include the above links;

manila.consappointment@fco.gov.uk
    Cons.Manila@fco.gov.uk
    visa.manila@fco.gov.uk
    CharmaineJoy.Canda@fco.gov.uk
    Aileen.Cruz2@fco.gov.uk

I wouldn't normally post these, but I feel for your situation and whilst they are probably in the wrong sections of the Manila Embassy I would imagine that things will be forwarded to the right people.

Cheers guys, really appreciate that. My husband and I both sent email to them, seems they only respond to my husband....
    We sent to info.ukph@vfshelpline.com, got the replied that they will forward to Manila Embassy management and asked us to wait for their respond, one week after still nothing come through. Then we sent another email to manilavisafeedback@fco.gov.uk , and they replied that it will be forwarded to the ECO... so I guess that is a progress.

Hey Ricky, where are those email address to? Who are those people? Do u think bombarding its appropriate?

Joan x

Also guys, can you reconfirm that I am allowed to take the english test out of my country, as long as its from the official provider list?

Thanks heaps xx

hi Joan,,

Im also in Hong Kong,,i took the IELTS test at the British Council in Hong Kong,,

Good Luck..

Hi Haileylovely,
    Thanks for the information. I took the test in UK while I was visiting my then fiance. The test doesn't run often in HK and it takes really long to get the certificate. That's why I have it done in UK. Have you submitted your application yet?

Joan x

Hi joan

Yes last thursday 20 of Oct,,and got the visa Oct 24,

Still waiting for the collection date..

Anyway goodluck with your app..

Thanks, so happy for you

Thread Information