Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

How credit really works

It's a slow day in a little Scottish town. The sun is beating down and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit...

On this particular day a rich tourist from down south is driving through town. He stops at the motel and lays a £50 note on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs in order to pick one to spend the night.

As soon as the man walks upstairs, the owner grabs the note and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.

The butcher takes the £50 and runs down the street to repay his debt to the pig farmer.

The pig farmer takes the £50 and heads off to pay his bill at the supplier of feed and fuel.

The guy at the Farmer's Co-op takes the £50 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit.

The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel owner.

The hotel proprietor then places the £50 back on the counter so the rich traveller will not suspect anything.

At that moment the traveller comes down the stairs, picks up the £50 note, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, pockets the money, and leaves town.

No one produced anything. No one earned anything.

However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with a lot more optimism.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how the British Government is conducting business today..

aint that the truth

very good

Another clever classic I hadn't heard before Ian, cheers

It seems you and Doc know just what tickles me

Respected Member
    I can't take the credit for these Terpe, every joke I post has been forwarded to me by my dear old Father. He's in his mid 70's but still has a great sense of humour I can't post most of what he sends as it would be considered un PC in today's society

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    I can't take the credit for these Terpe, every joke I post has been forwarded to me by my dear old Father. He's in his mid 70's but still has a great sense of humour I can't post most of what he sends as it would be considered un PC in today's society
    That's nice Ian.

I'll take the credit for the joke, Englishman. That's £50 you owe me

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

It seems you and Doc know just what tickles me
    Englishman's my unpaid adviser, so you owe me £ 50 Terpe . Now Amaw's claiming the credit . Sounds foxy ? That's how the Government conducts business .

Thread Information