Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question It's All About ''Marriage"

Hello guys!

I really need your advice about some information about marriage:

1.Which is cheaper to get married in UK or Philippines?
    2. Is it true that the father of the bride is the one who will pay for the wedding?
    3. Do you think getting married is not that important anymore especially nowadays I mean being ''practical''?

Thanks a LOT!!

hi ana, it is cheaper to marry in the phils, much cheaper
    It used to be true the father of the bride would pay for the wedding here in the UK, it was tradition, but these days not so much,
    being married is a matter of choice, if it feels right do it, its cheaper not to and cheaper to walk away, some want the added security that little piece of paper brings with it,

Quote Originally Posted by philuk View Post
    its cheaper not to and cheaper to walk away, ,
    Having a laugh there Phil ?? Married or not it is the same and if children are involved what makes that easier ? Married or not people still have affairs ...

Ana, marry someone because you love and trust them 100% and they feel the same for you........ never settle for less
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

1. Both. You work within your own budget. You can marry in the UK for less than £50
    2. This is a British tradition, they wouldn't have a clue about it in the Phil, and with equal rights the couple usually pay themselves these days.
    3. If you want to be with a Filipina in the UK, immigration forces you to marry whether you want to or not..... what human rights?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

ok so is it cheaper to pay for a wedding or to just choose to live together ?
    is it cheaper to pay solicitors and court fees to split up or to just grab a bag and go your seperate ways ?
    of course i realise where children are involved it gets more complicated, and that you have the same rights whether you are married or not,
    the question about marriage that ana raised was weather or not it was practical, and thats all about perspective,
    Even after twenty five years of marriage and pissed off for the last twelve of them, i only stayed for my kids, i never once strayed because i belive in the sanctity of marriage, a manogonist through and through, if someone wants to have an affair they should not settle down with anyone, stay single,

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ana07cutiepie View Post
    Hello guys!

I really need your advice about some information about marriage:

1.Which is cheaper to get married in UK or Philippines?
    2. Is it true that the father of the bride is the one who will pay for the wedding?
    Is it a low budget wedding that you are after? We got married in the Philippines. Everything was much cheaper than in the UK, like for like. I had to pay for everything as my wife's family wern't really in a position to.

Trusted Member
    It's MUCH cheaper to marry in the Phils, as I did.

As a Yorkshireman, I'm an expert on saving money !

Of course you must only invite 2 witnesses, which saves on drinks at the pissup afterwards.
    (I have the pictures, but better not show them )

As far as children are concerned, I feel it is only right to give them two parents who are in a committed relationship, and the family name of their father before bringing them into this world.
    My son was thus given the same respect my parents gave to me and my siblings.

I got this problem about my bf he doesn't wanna settle down he wants us to do ''living in together and no marriage'' which is in my part it's kinda unfair or not right and I told him that I don't wanna do that forever then he said that we will be forever in this situation LDR coz there is no option C. These are what he said:

~ok we get married, right now. I'm sure there is a website you can do it LOL
    then we are married with means all other girls will want me even more (coz I`m married) and nothing, absolutely NOTHING keeps me from going with any of them. if we get divorced then you get nothing, coz I have nothing. so WHAT THE .... does it mean???????????????
    i have no problem with getting married coz that's just a word
    these days commitment is a different word
    ~no, marrige and divorce - that's just words in terms of law. I don't give a .... about those terms. I know I either want to be with a person or not. I don't care what the world is calling it. and if you wanna get married for your traditions sake, that's fine. but it won't change anything on someone steeling me away from you. that's still my decision in the end and not a piece of paper's one
    ~i told you, for me it deosn't mean anything so I dont care
    all it means is it costs a lot of money
    he said he is very sure about me but he said he can't understand the need of getting married
    ~I am very sure about you but I just don't understand the need. if you pay for it all or your family then it's fine. for me it's just connected to money loss. I'm sure about you but I don't need a expensive piece of paper to tell me that
    he said he is happy when I am happy but I can't understand him
    this is really bothering me

Trusted Member
    Seems like a BIG lack of trust there, and commitment not even on the horizon.

I'll be honest with you lovely Filipinas, any British guy who is able to live there for a good length of time will have eyes on swivels. There are just so many gorgeous ladies in the Phils.

Commitment is EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Seems like a BIG lack of trust there, and commitment not even on the horizon.
    he came from a broken family, his parents are divorced so maybe he's just afraid
    I don't know really he is soo different :(

Trusted Member
    I'm no marriage guidance counsellor, but you will have to trust your instincts.

Only you can tell if something feels right for YOU.

Sounds like he is very insecure and not ready for a 'real' relationship. There are lots of guys out there who would love to marry a lovely Filipina

What should I do??

I guess no one could ever change his perspective about ''marriage''

Trusted Member
    I think you need to do some serious talking.

Starting out feeling that you will need to change someone is not really the best situation, I would have thought.

Then again, that's the first thing most new wives seem to want to do to their new husband.

No one can tell you 'what you need to do'

BUT......... knowing what you have told us... you need to assess if he is the right person for you? Is he going to stand by you whatever happens in life? It appears he likes the 'unattached' feeling of the LDR while still having you at his beck and call when ever he needs you.

I think it is a cop-out saying that he comes from a broken family, just an excuse to stay the way he is.
    I know what I would do... but I am not you .... and it is your decision

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    No one can tell you 'what you need to do'

BUT......... knowing what you have told us... you need to assess if he is the right person for you? Is he going to stand by you whatever happens in life? It appears he likes the 'unattached' feeling of the LDR while still having you at his beck and call when ever he needs you.

I think it is a cop-out saying that he comes from a broken family, just an excuse to stay the way he is.
    I know what I would do... but I am not you .... and it is your decision
    but I love him, how can I leave him and let him go??

Trusted Member
    You don't have to leave him.

Just TALK to him about this.

(different to NAGGING )

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    If you want to be with a Filipina in the UK, immigration forces you to marry whether you want to or not ..... what human rights?
    ... that's more or less about the SIZE of it ... for any British guy nowadays ...

... which - in terms of RATIONAL thought - is nothing short of !

ana my dear.... don't settle for less.

If a man truly loves you, he will give whatever you want. If it is marriage you want, then he will give it to you.
    Its obvious that Gerry is not ready yet. My husband now, he was in 7 year long term relationship and never wanted to get married nor have children.
    But now, we got married out of spun... madly in love with each other and he will do anything to make me happy. Now we have a baby, he can't stop himself from looking at our baby and thankful in many ways that we got married. Even his mum and dad cannot believe that he is happily married to me and now a wonderful father to our son.

I bet Gerry loves being single, committed to a relationship but not ready to settle down. Perhaps its too big for, the responsibility and everything. Even for me, before... marriage is too big of a responsibility. I think I've must have shared that to you when we had lunch in SM before.

Anyway, everything comes to choices and decisions... so everything is all up to you. I'm sure he wants and loves you. He spends time, effort and money to be with you. The word you want there maybe is "does he NEEDS you"
    Life as we make it

Quote Originally Posted by ana07cutiepie View Post

I guess no one could ever change his perspective about ''marriage''
    My husband used to not believe in marriage... but we got married and will get married again next year. I'm only looking forward to the honeymoon
    Life as we make it

Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    My husband used to not believe in marriage... but we got married and will get married again next year. I'm only looking forward to the honeymoon
    I got married three times.............................................to the same lady.

Don't remember asking once

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I got married three times.............................................to the same lady.
    Wow so that must mean you had 3 times too

i hear the words "sure about you" an awful lot in your previous post, but not once do you mention "love" the foundation for any relationship,
    You say you love him, how can you let him go, but from what he says how can you keep him, sounds to me he will stay still until a newer lower milliage model comes along,
    he says even if he marries you "nothing would keep him from going with other girls if they want him,
    Just like graham says, if he is in the phils his head will be in swivel mode,
    I would sugest when he is with you, just see where he is looking, does he only have eyes for you, or is he allways window shopping,
    you will know when its time to say kiss my

Trusted Member
    ...but true.

do as you both please, thats the best way to do it,

the only thing is that if you married in the Philippines there is no divorce and if you marry in the UK is more freedom and open than to the PH

JUST my humble opinion
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Trusted Member
    So, if I take the ex on my next visit to the Phils I can have a balikbayan stamp.

Ana if the guy really loves you he will do everything to please

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

Just TALK to him about this.

(different to NAGGING )
    can you pls tell me how to do this?....lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information