Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Processing Time for Fiance Visa

Hi to all,
    i received some great and reliable advice prior to my first trip to the Phils last month where i had a fantastic time in Vigan. My gf Jen works in Hong Kong and she arrived and departed the phils on the same days as me.
    Now for the biggie, Jen is now pregnant. I want to know what the average process time is for a fiance visa, as i would like her to be here in the UK having our baby. She cannot stay in HK to have it so it will be either here or she will go back to her family in the Phils (she has not lived in the Phils for 13 years). If it takes months and months then flying to the UK heavily pregnant will not be an option, she is around 3 or 4 weeks pregnant now.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

the quicker you start the process the better , getting everything in order seems to take longer then getting the visa it seems but i would start right now, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by drexl_spivey View Post
    Hi to all,
    i received some great and reliable advice prior to my first trip to the Phils last month where i had a fantastic time in Vigan. My gf Jen works in Hong Kong and she arrived and departed the phils on the same days as me.
    Now for the biggie, Jen is now pregnant. I want to know what the average process time is for a fiance visa, as i would like her to be here in the UK having our baby. She cannot stay in HK to have it so it will be either here or she will go back to her family in the Phils (she has not lived in the Phils for 13 years). If it takes months and months then flying to the UK heavily pregnant will not be an option, she is around 3 or 4 weeks pregnant now.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    My fiancée is applying on the 19th this month for the same visa, kep an eye on my posts to see how the progress is going however it appears that if u are solvent and have all the right documentation then you stand a fair chance of a fairly quick decision although i have been unable to ascertain what percentage are turned down.

Quote Originally Posted by malchard888 View Post
    although i have been unable to ascertain what percentage are turned down.
    going from people on here, i would say its less than 10% are refused, and half of them refusals are overturned by the EC manager before it goes to appeal. so roughly i'd say 5% are refused and it goes to appeal or they submit a new visa app.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    going from people on here, i would say its less than 10% are refused, and half of them refusals are overturned by the EC manager before it goes to appeal. so roughly i'd say 5% are refused and it goes to appeal or they submit a new visa app.
    Thats reassuring news Joe as the government website refers only to decisions made on a monthly basis and doesnt disect the percentage of refusals and for what reason such decisions are arrived at. Hopefully most of us who go down this road, providing the reams of paperwork required and the rather exhorbitant application costs will be rewarded by a positive response and and a speedy visa turnaround. Best of luck Drexi, it will all be worth it in the end as pinays are the salt of the earth.!

Thread Information