Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Getting children here

Hi guys, I have a couple of question which I hope someone here could help us with. I married my wife in June and we got her FLR in August! We would like to now bring her 2 children here who are 15 and 12. can anyone tell us if she as to be on her ILR or can we still process them even as she is on her FLR and what is the name of the visa we require? She is now in full time employment and as been working for 6 weeks! can she process them as an individual or will it need both of us.

We are both in full time employment and have a home which as enough bedrooms. hope someone out there can throw some light on this for us and we look forward to hearing any info!

Thanks in advance

Steve & Bern

Trusted Member
    Your first port of call should be the UKBA site (dependent visa ?).

I have successfully done what you and your partner are seeking to do, but it was back in the late nineties, so hopefully someone here will have more recent information.

It shouldn't be too difficult though, as long as their biological father approves it, and your wife can prove that she has had (and continues to have) sole responsibility for the children.

Thanks Graham

Trusted Member
    You're welcome.

My 2 step-children (boy and a girl) really loved it here, adapted well, and are both at Uni' now.

Also your wife will be much happier and more settled.

Good luck.

Sounds wonderful! yes she will be! cheers

Quote Originally Posted by steve&bern View Post
    Hi guys, I have a couple of question which I hope someone here could help us with. I married my wife in June and we got her FLR in August! We would like to now bring her 2 children here who are 15 and 12. can anyone tell us if she as to be on her ILR or can we still process them even as she is on her FLR and what is the name of the visa we require? She is now in full time employment and as been working for 6 weeks! can she process them as an individual or will it need both of us.

We are both in full time employment and have a home which as enough bedrooms. hope someone out there can throw some light on this for us and we look forward to hearing any info!

Thanks in advance

Steve & Bern
    She does not have to wait till ILR, she can apply anytime. The longer you wait till you apply, the more evidence you may need to prove sole responsibility as she will be away from them.

They will apply settlement visa the same as she did and the application form is the same. When you fill out the application form (one for each child) she will be the sponsor and, if needed, you could co-sponsor if you need to add more weight to the application.

Thanks very Rusty! nice one!

Thread Information