Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: malling:)

malling:)

am homesick:(
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Respected Member
    I haven't watched the video as I hate malls but surely a mall is a mall wherever it is. I have had to endure malls all over the world and every one is the same, selling the same things you can buy anywhere else in the world - that's globalisation for you. The only things that differ by region are the food courts, but then again McD, BK, Pizza Hut and KFC are all over the world too.
    From the comparisons I've done, western standard of quality and fashion clothing and electronics are cheaper in the UK than in the Phil's anyway.

I found that as well electronics were cheaper here than phils

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    ............homesick:(
    I told my wife I was homesick.
    She said " but this is your home"

I said " yeah..... I'm sick of it"

ross why don't you move up norf

you can do your malling at the trafford centre

and while your not malling and eating Krispy Kreme doughnuts you can look after little joe for me and i'll supply you with all the doughnuts you can eat

even pacmans been

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

norf? i cant i woudnt mine to look after your little joe in case as long as you pay me 10 pound per hour

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    norf? i cant i woudnt mine to look after your little joe in case as long as you pay me 10 pound per hour
    £10 an hour, i would do it myself
    how about a doughnut an hour
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

how about a doughnut an hour

sure as long as in exchange of that doughnut an hour is you would eat a piece of Balot egg pair with joe the mango..in every meal you'll have

I don't like malls, even back in Philippines... makes me dizzy and the shops all look the same wherever and whichever mall you look at.

Its the one thing I don't miss.. what I miss is the countryside trips, overnights along the beach, waterfalls, mountain climbing, guitars, bonfire, grilled fresh fish and few drinks to keep the whole warm night fun under the stars. Only in the philippines...
    Life as we make it

true I guess my mahal is all malled out, she was in Singapore from the age of 19 then Hong Kong from 24 to 31. now in Birmingham she has Merry Hill and the Bullring so she prefers the Saturday morning car boot sale, fresh air and a pair of ONCE WORN L K Bennet shoes (£135) for a fiver WOOO HOOOO happy days
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    I don't like malls, even back in Philippines... makes me dizzy and the shops all look the same wherever and whichever mall you look at.

Its the one thing I don't miss.. what I miss is the countryside trips, overnights along the beach, waterfalls, mountain climbing, guitars, bonfire, grilled fresh fish and few drinks to keep the whole warm night fun under the stars. Only in the philippines...
    cant blame you purple its true but if you grow up to that sort of thing whatever..whenever you go you'll miss that life behind you..if you know what i mean

I understand you Moy.

I remember when Rustans (by Imelda Marcos) in Cebu during 80s were frequented by the elites and socialites in Manila that me and my mum have to buy a specific perfume from there and all I can see were beautiful and gorgeous people.
    Then the SM mall in cebu.. whew! Where in you can do most the things. I took my figure ice skating classes and music lessons every weekends and everything else my mother can think of keeping in a mall. And every cities I go to in Philippines either Ilo-ilo, Bacolod, Davao, Cagayan, Baguio, Clark and etc... they all look the same. Specially the Gaisano Group of Companies. That makes me not miss the malls.

Looking back, I would go to malls, only when I need to. But to spend my time there for nothing productive and no fun... the crowd takes me to the level of dizziness.
    Life as we make it

Thread Information