Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Unhappy worried on fiancee visa application..

hi everyone..i'm worried on my visa application because all the documents of my fiance that i submitted yesterday are all sent through emails...coz when i applied for visit visa last year all the documents of my fiance are all sent also through emails and it was approved...i'm worried that it might be a problem on my current application

do you think it might be a problem with the approval of my visa?...pls help

Hi, Kallen ... your visit visa is unlikely to have any adverse effect on the application you lodged yesterday (I mean, WHY would it?) so please try to relax ... good luck ... and to our friendly, online filipino/uk community.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Hi, Kallen ... your visit visa is unlikely to have any adverse effect on the application you lodged yesterday (I mean, WHY would it?) so please try to relax ... good luck ... and to our friendly, online filipino/uk community.
    thanks arthur little...what i am worried about is that all the documents of my fiance were sent through my emails only...not by post mail...is it ok?

Quote Originally Posted by kallen View Post
    do you think it might be a problem with the approval of my visa?...pls help
    Did VFS mention anything when you submitted the documents?
    How about the bank statements and proof of income?
    UKBA will expect most of these important supporting documents to be originals. Not copies.
    UKBA may well ask you to submit originals. I would suggest you have your fiance send the originals to you by courrier in case you need to re-submit some documents under time pressures.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Did VFS mention anything when you submitted the documents?
    How about the bank statements and proof of income?
    UKBA will expect most of these important supporting documents to be originals. Not copies.
    UKBA may well ask you to submit originals. I would suggest you have your fiance send the originals to you by courrier in case you need to re-submit some documents under time pressures.
    nope the VFS didn't mention anything regarding my documents...bank statements and proof of income are all sent through my emails...coz we thought its ok...when i applied for my visit visa all the important documents of my fiance were sent through my emails also..

Ah ... ... I imagine you're referring to the correspondence between you. Well ...you've no need to worry on that score - because Embassy staff are fully aware of the difficulties involved in maintaining regular contact by normal post, and realise *email is the logical mode of long-distance communication. Indeed, *it's the method almost everyone [including myself] uses nowadays.

Ah ... ... I imagine you're referring to the correspondence between you. Well ...you've no need to worry on that score - because Embassy staff are fully aware of the difficulties involved in maintaining regular contact by normal post, and realise *email is the logical mode of long-distance communication. Indeed, *it's the method almost everyone [including myself] uses nowadays.
    so do you think they would not mind if all the documents of my fiance are sent through emails only?...my fiance willing to send them the originals in case they want it...

Banned
    so do you think they would not mind if all the documents of my fiance are sent through emails only?...my fiance willing to send them the originals in case they want it...
    Hello. I seem to recall that a current forum member called Tone only submitted photocopies. Not certain there but you might want to check that out. And his application was recently successful. (Just tried to do a quick search for the posting but couldnt find it). However, as Terpe suggests it is probably a good idea to have your hubby send out by courier the originals of the key documents.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Hello. I seem to recall that a current forum member called Tone only submitted photocopies. Not certain there but you might want to check that out. And his application was recently successful. (Just tried to do a quick search for the posting but couldnt find it). However, as Terpe suggests it is probably a good idea to have your hubby send out by courier the originals of the key documents.
    thanks for the info lastlid...i hope they would not mind it...actually the come out of the documents looks original as i print it according to the format and color...

Banned
    thanks for the info lastlid...i hope they would not mind it...actually the come out of the documents looks original as i print it according to the format and color...
    I took a colour photocopy of my landlords letter and do you know, when I came to post the documents to my wife I couldn't tell which of those two was the original......

I took a colour photocopy of my landlords letter and do you know, when I came to post the documents to my wife I couldn't tell which of those two was the original......
    same also with my fiance documents...we thought it would be ok...because when i applied for my visit visa...all the documents that i submitted were sent through my emails only and they approved my visit visa

... I'd been under the impression you'd been talking about correspondence. Supporting documents, are a different "kettle of fish" altogether, however - and, for the MOST part, MUST be ORIGINALS - particularly the likes of Bank Statements and payslips!! I'm sorry I have to ask you this: Didn't you read the appropriate Guidelines before completing the online Application Form? Frankly, though, it surprises me that VFS hadn't appeared to notice this oversight when you presented your papers.

Hmm ... in the circumstances, it looks as if you'll be asked to provide originals - in which case, you'd be advised to ask your fiance to courier those to you asap as Terpe suggests. Equally, it might be a good idea, if you were to get in touch with the British Embassy in Manila to explain the situation. OK, it could delay your visa ... but better that, than risk having your application refused.

... I'd been under the impression you'd been talking about correspondence. Supporting documents, are a different "kettle of fish" altogether, however - and, for the MOST part, MUST be ORIGINALS - particularly the likes of Bank Statements and payslips!! I'm sorry I have to ask you this: Didn't you read the appropriate Guidelines before completing the online Application Form? Frankly, though, it surprises me that VFS hadn't appeared to notice this oversight when you presented your papers.

Hmm ... in the circumstances, it looks as if you'll be asked to provide originals - in which case, you'd be advised to ask your fiance to courier those to you asap as Terpe suggests. Equally, it might be a good idea, if you were to get in touch with the British Embassy in Manila to explain the situation. OK, it could delay your visa ... but better that, than risk having your application refused.
    i've read so many times about the guidelines but i ignore regarding the supporting documents must be original not copies...because i thought its just ok through emails.. and that's what i did when i applied for my visit visa..but anyway thanks for the advice arthur little...my fiance will contact the british embassy manila to explain them regarding my documents...

i've read so many times about the guidelines but i ignore regarding the supporting documents must be original not copies...because i thought its just ok through emails.. and that's what i did when i applied for my visit visa..but anyway thanks for the advice arthur little... my fiance will contact the british embassy manila to explain them regarding my documents...
    ... very sensible; good luck, again.

... very sensible; good luck, again.
    thanks again

For the Visit Visa it is YOU who has to prove finances, etc .... whereas with the Marriage Visa it is your other half that MUST prove his finances, and therefore they require the originals. DHL charges £35 which is the cheapest and take 2-5 working days.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

thanks lastlid, i sent tone a message...he told me that all his documents were sent (via email) also....but just to make sure...my fiance sent email to the British Embassy Manila informing about my documents...

thanks lastlid, i sent tone a message...he told me that all his documents were sent (via email) also....but just to make sure...my fiance sent email to the British Embassy Manila informing about my documents...
    Just for the correctness of information for all readers, the UKBA website clearly indicates the documents required and whether originals, certified copies or photocopies.

Each application is different and is individually reviewed and assessed. Certainly there are cases of applicants using only copies of documents and being granted a visa. There are also cases where applicants have sent only copies and have been refused.
    One of the objectives is to minimise risks and costs as far as possible.

My advice is to always follow the stated requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Just for the correctness of information for all readers, the UKBA webiste clearly indicates the documents required and whether originals, certified copies or photocopies.

Each application is different and is individually reviewed and assessed. Certainly there are cases of applicants using only copies of documents and being granted a visa. There are also cases where applicants have sent only copies and have been refused.
    One of the objectives is to minimise risks and costs as far as possible.

My advice is to always follow the stated requirements.
    thanks terpe...my fiance sent the British Embassy Manila an email explaining about my documents...and his willing to submit all the original documents whatever the reply of the embassy...

Thread Information