Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Leaving the Philippines...a Few Checks

Hi

Just a few questions on this subject. I know they have been covered in the past but things seem to change over the course of time.....

1] Is it still 1620 Travel Tax at the booth in Terminal 1 for those on a Spouse Visa when bookings are made from the UK? No change there? I read somewhere that sometimes the Travel Tax booth isnt open.....

2] Presumably a one way ticket leaving the Philippines is okay for those on a Spouse Visa?

3] On the UKBA website it seems to exclude the Philippines from the xray requirement list for TB checks. I have seen posts to the contrary so it is a bit confusing.

Any tips on these questions would be much appreciated.

Trusted Member
    One way ticket is fine.

If worse comes to worst, she'll be X-rayed upon arrival in UK, which takes about 15 mins.

They used to do it randomly, but not sure about now. Very much doubt it will be done.

Travel tax, yes expect to pay it, so have the cash, but not heard about collection point being closed MOST UNLIKELY that nobody would collect MONEY in the Phils.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Hi lastlid...I just posted a thread regarding travel tax..you can go here..http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ax-Philippines

I hope that helps..
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member
    Travel tax booth is ALWAYS open :-(

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    Travel tax booth is ALWAYS open :-(
    Oh. Right. It was just that I read that it can be closed.....so that it might be impossible to pay the tax sometimes and so might be impossible to fly under such circumstances.

Okay, so thats good.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Hi lastlid...I just posted a thread regarding travel tax..you can go here..http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ax-Philippines

I hope that helps..
    Okay. Got it. Thanks.

Banned
    Hi again.................is it possible to insure against the wife not being able to get through "Immigration" checks at Manila Airport, to catch her flight? Or the like......

Hi Lastlid

When you enter the front door of the NAIA airport in Manila you and all of your bags go through an xray machine. Once clear of that turn immediately right and you will see the travel tax counter. Join the line, show your ticket and passport with spouse visa. You will pay the money (1620 pesos in cash) and you will get a receipt showing that you have paid.

Then just go to your airline check in desks and check in as normal. After check in go through departures and pay your departure tax of 750 pesos (Eveybody has to pay this including kids! you have to fill in a disembarkation card first that is available at check in). Pass through one more xray check for you and your hand bags and you are in departures. Buy some duty free and catch the plane, happy days!

ps. You can check in before going to pay your travel tax but the airline wont give you your boarding pass until you have shown them the travel tax receipt. So to save the hassle of having to possibly cue twice make sure you do the travel tax bit first.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenky View Post
    Hi Lastlid

When you enter the front door of the NAIA airport in Manila you and all of your bags go through an xray machine. Once clear of that turn immediately right and you will see the travel tax counter. Join the line, show your ticket and passport with spouse visa. You will pay the money (1620 pesos in cash) and you will get a receipt showing that you have paid.

Then just go to your airline check in desks and check in as normal. After check in go through departures and pay your departure tax of 750 pesos (Eveybody has to pay this including kids! you have to fill in a disembarkation card first that is available at check in). Pass through one more xray check for you and your hand bags and you are in departures. Buy some duty free and catch the plane, happy days!

ps. You can check in before going to pay your travel tax but the airline wont give you your boarding pass until you have shown them the travel tax receipt. So to save the hassle of having to possibly cue twice make sure you do the travel tax bit first.
    Thankyou Jenky. It will be my wife that will be checking in. I am in England just now. Thanks for the help. I have a couple of questions, if I may:

1] What is on the disembarkation card that you mention?

2] At what point will my wife be checked by Phils "Immigration"? Is it where the 750 pesos is paid?#

Many thanks.

Trusted Member
    The card is just names and addresses....home and where you're going to, reason for flight. (plus flight number).

Straightforward enough.

Everything is arranged in a fairly logical progression, including payment of the p750, so she shouldn't have any problems, and of course other 'seasoned' Filipino passengers or staff will advise her if need be.

Banned
    OK Thanks. I have passed through there twice myself, on my own. I seem to recall that the Filipino passengers go through a different channel at that point?

Hi Lastlid.

like Graham said the disembarkation card is straightforward enough. Just advise your wife to have a pen with her to fill the damn thing in!

You go to departures by first passing some security guards who just check that you have a boarding pass. Then you reach the departure tax booths where you have to present your boarding pass and pay the 750 pesos. After that you reach the immigration control where they check your passport visa disembarkation card etc. The disembarkation cards are also available at this point just in case you have forgot to fill one in. There are some seperate lanes for Filipinos but they are intended for overseas foreign workers OFW and seamen. Your wife is obviously not that so just take a regular line.

Banned
    The disembarkation cards are also available at this point just in case you have forgot to fill one in. There are some seperate lanes for Filipinos but they are intended for overseas foreign workers OFW and seamen. Your wife is obviously not that so just take a regular line.
    Thanks. I passed by them in June, but it is a bit hazy now. I can remember not picking up a disembarkation card and had to go back for one......

Banned

UK Immigration - Accompanying Spouse

I have been through Manchester airport many times and many times coming back to the UK from outside of the EU etc. But always as a lone traveller and certainly never accompanied by a traveller entering the UK as a foreign national.

I intend to meet my wife in Amsterdam and travel into Manchester with her. Presumably we will have to go through seperate channels? Presumably I cant go through the same channel as her? She of course will be holding a Phils passport with Spouse visa and I will be holding a standard UK passport.

Hi lastlid

We (wife and two kids) all came to the UK via Birmingham airport. I accompanied my wife through the non EU citizen passport line. The immigration people were fine with me doing that. Indeed it probably made their life easier to have us all together in front of them. I advise you to do the same as they will obviously realise that the reason that you are with your wife is to do everything that you can to make her passage into the UK go smoothly.

Banned
    Hi lastlid
    We (wife and two kids) all came to the UK via Birmingham airport. I accompanied my wife through the non EU citizen passport line. The immigration people were fine with me doing that.
    Excellent. Thankyou for that.....I will try and do the same.

Banned
    My wife has checked in at Terminal 1 Manila and cleared "Immigration". Just a small matter of dodging past Typhoon Queil as she departs from Manila to Amsterdam.

I plan to meet her in Amsterdam tonight.

Trusted Member
    ...and BREATHE.

Almost there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    ...and BREATHE.

Almost there.
    You are so right there. The flight was delayed about 10 minutes despite the typhoon. I dont know what happened in Immigration but she must have sailed throught it as far as I can tell.

Banned
    Just UK Immigration to do now.........

Can someone drop a line to the Phils authorities and explain to them the difference between Immigration and Emigration (dont know if that is the right spelling).

Trusted Member
    Im to come in.

Em to go out...simples.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    My wife has checked in at Terminal 1 Manila and cleared "Immigration". Just a small matter of dodging past Typhoon Queil as she departs from Manila to Amsterdam.

I plan to meet her in Amsterdam tonight.
    Have a good time in A'dam - if you're at a loose end tomorrow you could go to The Heineken Experience Stadhouderskade 78, a shadow of the former Heineken Brewery but worth a visit.

Good & happy times ahead lastlid

Banned
    Thanks Steve C

UK Immigration was a doddle, thankfully. Spent all day Sunday shopping for warm clothes for Mrs Lastlid and an iPad2. Arrived in Isle Of Man on Monday afternoon. How wonderful!!

Trusted Member
    Congratulations !

Congrats to both of you and many happy times together here in Blighty!! your stress is over now until the ILR application in 2 years time!

On that subject I advise you to try and get your wife to pass the "life in the UK test" well before that time comes around. Its just a matter of buying the official text book and commiting the relevant bits to memory. if you do not buy the official text book then you will be wasting your time because even you or I would probably fail the test without it.

An ipad 2 ........yes my wife also got one of those cos she thought it was the biz!!!.... but it does not play flash video from the internet.....all of her "watch for free filipino tv" websites use flash video. she had to download an ipad app called skyfire to decode them. Trouble was that made it to slow for my creaking internet connection to handle, so I had to upgrade to bt infinity...and more expense!!!! but at least we now have Vic Sotto and "face to face" displayed every day in full Apple glory!!!

Banned

An ipad 2 ........yes my wife also got one of those cos she thought it was the biz!!!.... but it does not play flash video from the internet.....all of her "watch for free filipino tv" websites use flash video. she had to download an ipad app called skyfire to decode them. Trouble was that made it to slow for my creaking internet connection to handle, so I had to upgrade to bt infinity...and more expense!!!! but at least we now have Vic Sotto and "face to face" displayed every day in full Apple glory!!!
    Yes. It sounds a bit extravagant but (a) she is a gadget freak anyway and (b) she left her netbook for her mum, back in Phils, to use and needed to get some new means to keep in contact with her mom and family etc. It turns out that the iPad cam pic is bigger and clearer than what we have had in the past.

Does the book that you refer to contain all she needs to know for the Life in the UK Test?

Banned
    Hi lastlid

We (wife and two kids) all came to the UK via Birmingham airport. I accompanied my wife through the non EU citizen passport line. The immigration people were fine with me doing that. Indeed it probably made their life easier to have us all together in front of them. I advise you to do the same as they will obviously realise that the reason that you are with your wife is to do everything that you can to make her passage into the UK go smoothly.
    Yes. We did just a you suggested. It worked well. All done in about 2 minutes.

There is an official Govt life in the UK website that tells you all that you need to know and what book you need to buy that is relevant to the test being used at this time.
    And yes all that you need to know to pass the test is written in that book.

You can buy it her as an xmas present!! and she can take a leisurely year to commit it to memory!

Banned
    And yes all that you need to know to pass the test is written in that book.

You can buy it her as an xmas present!! and she can take a leisurely year to commit it to memory!
    A stocking filler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information