Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

TRAVELING TO PHILS with our daughter.does she need exit clearance when leaving manila

hi guys,
    Im bit confused here,
    We will be travelling to manila by december with our daughter who has a british passport...
    my worry is, does she need an exit clearance when leaving manila back to UK?
    and we will be getting her a philippine passport,so does she need to apply for dual nationality before getting a philippine passport?
    Last week when i speak to philippine embassy london, she said that all i have to submit is my philippine passport copy data page, her NSO birth certificate, her passport photo..

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you guys who have had experience travelling with kids
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

Hiya Marlyn,

what u mean exit clearance you're on about? Guess it's not necessary.
    I have two friends having children with brit passport & there's no hassles coming in & out of the Phils.
    Think there's nothing to worry about. U are on a right track by checking it from the Phil. Embassy.
    Check this out too for dual citizenship...
    o children who are below 18 years of age can be included in the petition for dual citizenship
    http://philembassy-uk.org/FAQa.html#consularDual
    http://philembassy-uk.org/consular_P...formation.html

regards,

If you can't say something nice. SHUT UP!. Simple.

ganun ba sis? kasi nalala ko lng sabi dun sa flyers na bigay sakin nun sa CFO eh need ng exit clearance for 0-18 years holding foriegn passport eh. kaya im confused na!
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

Exit clearance is only required the first time they leave so I assume you paid exit clearance when your daughter first left the Philippines last year?

You will not have to pay again. Our son has been back twice and has not had to pay.

ahh...don't be confused dot com or meerkat dot come lols... just spoke to my friends earlier for update & said nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    Our son has been back twice and has not had to pay.

thanks everyone,,
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

@ rusty? has ur kid got [hil passport too? so do u think i would postpone getting pur baby a phil passport?
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

Hi po sa inyong lahat..... i am coming to Philippines with my 1 year old son this oct 17th, his holding a british passport i am now confused too coz it will be his 1st time in philippines and we will stay there for 85 days.... do i have to pay for any exit clearance or anything for him??? what we have to do when we arrive in philippines??? are they going to stamp my sons passport??? pls help me... tulungan nyo po ako... or sa mga bisaya tabangi ko ninyo malooy mo........... hehehhe... salamat............

Quote Originally Posted by marlyn&kenny View Post
    @ rusty? has ur kid got [hil passport too? so do u think i would postpone getting pur baby a phil passport?
    no he does not have a Phil passport. I do not see any benefit to him having one. If he travels back to the Philippines, he will be traveling with my wife and therefore will be able to stay for 1 year without a visa.

The exit clearance is only for children born in the Philippines and having a foreign passport.

If your child is born in the UK and you visit the Philippines then you should not have to pay exit clearance.

When you arrive in the Philippines ask at immigration for balikbayan visa for you son and it should be stamped to allow him to stay for 1 year.

hehhehe,,,,, thank u ate chin and rusty.... feel better now......... hayssssssssssss.......

Trusted Member
    You can also apply for 'recognition' (as a Filipino) for your British-born child who has a British passport.

He or she can then stay for unlimited periods in the Phils, just paying travel tax when leaving.

This is what I did for my son (now 17), who has been back and forwards to the Phils since he was 3 months old, and for periods of up to 3 years stay.

I also got him his own passport from being 2 months old, so that he could then travel with either parent, if for instance the wife has Phils passport and husband has British.

Never any problems doing this.

Thread Information