Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    hi dyannesky i look at the pearsons website and it offers fast turnover fot the result wc is good.since yours has been approve when you applied for your flr i guess its no problem but i just wana make it sure cause pearsons is not included in the new listing of approve test proiders by UKBA or maybe im wrong?

hi jen28, they said it usually takes 5 days but me and a friend got the results a day after. Try their website pearsonvue.co.uk or google it. I think it is a bit easier than ielts, it is computer based and has a practice exam online. Goodluck!

~~God is good all the time~~
    ~Patience is a virtue~

ybba, I just had my visa approved last September 2, 2011 and they looked at my english exam result so, I don't think it will be a problem, but just to make sure try phoning them, and ask. But before I took the exam last August, it was in the list that is why Itook the exam since we were running out of time and ielts says I can get the result by 15 days.
    Goodluck!

~Patience is a virtue~

hi dyannesky,im wrong, i just read it now from the new listings of ukba aprrove test provider and pearsons is included which is great. tnx for the info.

i forgot to ask dyannesky what level of exam did you take? is it A1 or higher? was it not difficult? tnx for the replies.

they give the same exam to all applicants, I got B2 grade for flr they just want a1 which is 24...so it will be easy!

~Patience is a virtue~

hi dyannesky sorry for lots of question im now in the pearvue website you gave im trying to locate the nearest place to take where im now but its says select your testing program for scheduling how did you do it? or can we just phone them an ask the nearist testing center? really aprrecaite for your help

Ybba we called them yesterday they have a test friday in watford and in holburn, London on sat. So just ring them and they will let you know. Unfortunatelyfor us ukba still ha e Jen's passport so we are unable to take the new test yet
    As life is to live so love is to give

Hi! It's better to phone them, my hubby phoned them and they did the scheduling as well.Goodluck! I took my test in Euston.

~Patience is a virtue~

Quote Originally Posted by alanp View Post
    Ybba we called them yesterday they have a test friday in watford and in holburn, London on sat. So just ring them and they will let you know. Unfortunatelyfor us ukba still ha e Jen's passport so we are unable to take the new test yet
    UKBA are certainly not making things easy for you?

tnx dyannesky how much is the exam cost? alanp hope everything will be with yours flr apllication. your right terpe UKBA change thier rullings from time to time and its stresfull

they charge us for £130 for that exam.

~Patience is a virtue~

Quote Originally Posted by jane2009 View Post
    I would like to ask the expert here Im going to apply a citizenship this year do i need to take a new test again? thanks
    ... NOT if you've reached the stage of applying for British Citizenship. NOR will you need to take ANY further tests, because you would've already taken - and passed - the 'Life In The UK Test' prior to being granted ILR.

just an update Jen finally got a letter from ukba today it was dated the 6th giving her 14 days to take and submit a new English test or her application will be refused but still no passport what she needs to take the test.
    so after after 40mins on the phone to them today to send us her passport or to send a scanned copy to the pearsons test centre so she can take the new test they agreed to sent her the passport tomorrow and to give her more time to submit the docs from the test.
    hopefully if it comes before Friday she will take the test on Saturday in Holburn
    As life is to live so love is to give

Trusted Member
    I hope you kept the date-franked envelope.

Having worked at a govt. 'head office', I know that they are VERY careful to stamp 'received on' on THEIR incoming mail.

Play them at their own game.

hi alanp ive called the tel no. of the pearsonvue but it seems not working. could you please share the no. you use to call them thnks a lot and wish you and jen all the best

hello everyone! I took my english test yesterday at Pearson in Watford and got my test result now. I got B2!!!!! yipeeeeeee! i was so stressed yesterday because of the time pressure while taking the exam. at the same time, i was so worried for the result of my english test coz i wasn't able to think well coz of the limited time during the exam. anyway, now i am better. will forward the result to UKBA later. God is really good. Yahooooooooooooooo! i am so happy. finally, we can iron out everything. no hassle at all. thank you so much for all the support! God bless you all! xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by jen28 View Post
    hello everyone! I took my english test yesterday at Pearson in Watford and got my test result now. I got B2!!!!! yipeeeeeee! i was so stressed yesterday because of the time pressure while taking the exam. at the same time, i was so worried for the result of my english test coz i wasn't able to think well coz of the limited time during the exam. anyway, now i am better. will forward the result to UKBA later. God is really good. Yahooooooooooooooo! i am so happy. finally, we can iron out everything. no hassle at all. thank you so much for all the support! God bless you all! xoxo
    That's really GREAT news, Jen! ... Congratulations ... and for your update.

wow thats great jen28! its good that you sorted out everyhting and got the result fast. ill will take too the english test soon.jen28 did you have to go for another biometrics before the submission?or you will do it on the same day of the flr apllication?

Trusted Member
    Congratulations !

Good thing we don't have to take a Tagalog test to settle in the Phils.

Quote Originally Posted by jen28 View Post
    hello everyone! I took my english test yesterday at Pearson in Watford and got my test result now. I got B2!!!!! yipeeeeeee!
    Well done you and congratulations.
    You certainly performed well under so much pressure and stress. Hope all is smooth from now on

well done jen28, hope everything will be sorted out soon...dont forget to pass the result via online and make a copy to pass to the UKBA.
    God is indeed good, I have to find an english exam right away last august as my visa is about to expire...but now after all the stress and the things needed to be done, its sorted, I am sure all these stress shall pass....

~Patience is a virtue~

Well done Jen hope everything goes okay for you and your asawa now. I can totally imagine what your going through!

Tone

Quote Originally Posted by ybba View Post
    wow thats great jen28! its good that you sorted out everyhting and got the result fast. ill will take too the english test soon.jen28 did you have to go for another biometrics before the submission?or you will do it on the same day of the flr apllication?
    hi ybba! when we filed our FLR (M), we chose the premium service so I had the biometric on the day of our application of the FLR (M). but if you will do the normal service, once they received your application, they will schedule your biometric.

Quote Originally Posted by dyannesky View Post
    well done jen28, hope everything will be sorted out soon...dont forget to pass the result via online and make a copy to pass to the UKBA.
    God is indeed good, I have to find an english exam right away last august as my visa is about to expire...but now after all the stress and the things needed to be done, its sorted, I am sure all these stress shall pass....
    hi dyannesky! thank you so much for the info re Pearson. yes, we already forwarded to UKBA my english result via email and sent the hard copy yesterday and as per checking on the website of the post office, our passports and my english result were already been delivered. haaaaayz, this fiance visa is so stressfull. we should have just married in the Philippines if we were just aware of all the hassles. coz we just found this site when we already finalized everything for the application of my fiance visa. anyway, atleast everything will be fine now. i just got a wrinkle with all the stress. hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Congratulations !

Good thing we don't have to take a Tagalog test to settle in the Phils.
    if there would be a Tagalog test, there will be no tourist at all in the Philippines.

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU! THIS SITE IS REALLY THE BEST!

thnks for the reply jen28 and were all happy to hear that you able to handle everything.thnks to dyannesky too i had already booked an english test appointment at pearsonsvue euston wish me luck hehehe.

Goodluck ybba im sure it will be good!

~Patience is a virtue~

thnks dyannesky,hi jen28 aside from paying our flr application thru online is it possible to pay it on the day of submission in person at PEO.is the current price is 1,350 pounds for premium service?

ybba you can pay when you have your appointment via debit card or cash.The fee we paid last septmeber was £850 for the premium service with no dependants.

~Patience is a virtue~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information