Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

USAIN Bolt - Disqualification Rule

When the 1 false start and you're out rule came out I said then it was pathetic and would cause problems. Now it has proved to be true by taking away the World Champion out of the main showpiece event

The best rule is one warning for everyone and you're out. That way if someone does a false start then they know full well they have to be careful, and therefore maybe a bit slower away, but as we seen with Chambers, even a twitch gets you kicked out ..... although as far as I'm concerned he should have been banned for life but that's another story
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

I agree that 1 warning would be better. But........... I heard some views from Seb Coe, Michael Johnson and the great man himself. (Usain)

Interestingly they gave a view for the sprints like this. The event is a total event that includes the start and not just the action after the pistol.
    Food for thought.

Respect to Usain Bolt for his whole attitude and reaction to this though.

He's gotta be so down.

Still, I think one warning is a better way. If it get's changed it's solely because it included Usain Bolt at a global event.

Usain can't say anything as he's still under rules, but a lot of runners like Roger Black have come out and said the rule is just wrong.

With the present room we could have the Olympic final with the 3 top 100m guys thrown out for twitching

Roger Black made a good point, he said in his day you were 100% focused on the race, these days you are more focused on not making a false start!!!
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Thread Information