Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: 33 day stay.

33 day stay.

I heard somewhere that i will need some sort of visa when i go to the philippines in july. I am staying for 33 days. I originally thought u were allowed to stay for 6 months on a british passport. Can anyone clarify this?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gah73 View Post
    I heard somewhere that i will need some sort of visa when i go to the philippines in july. I am staying for 33 days. I originally thought u were allowed to stay for 6 months on a british passport. Can anyone clarify this?
    You can stay for 6 months in Hong Kong, maybe thats what your thinking?

If you plan on staying more than 21 days in the Philippines (British passport holders get a 21 day visa automatically on entry), you must apply for an extension at the local Immigration Bureau. There is a fee payable, and its normally done in a few hours.

If you post back with the location you will be staying at in Philippines, I'm sure one of the forum members can tell you where the nearest Immigration Bureau is.

Banned
    My friend who owned a travel agency in Manila told me that a British and Americans can stay in our country up to 1 year. All you need to do is extend your visa every 3 months and pay fees. You can extend your visa in Bureau of Immigration and Deporttaion in Manila. Ignore some fixers there. Please check this site. http://www.immigration.gov.ph/cms/

The majority of my stay will be in surigao city. It sounds easy enough to get an extension from what rob said.

Walesrob is right, you'll get an automatically 21 day stay free in Phils and make sure you extend your visa before 21 day expired or else you will have to pay overstay fee.

If you are married to a Filipina, next time you both visit Philippines you will get automatically 7 months visa stamp free from the Immigration at the airport (this was based on our experienced).

Visit www.immigration.gov.ph
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    If you are married to a Filipina, next time you both visit Philippines you will get automatically 7 months visa stamp free from the Immigration at the airport (this was based on our experienced).

Visit www.immigration.gov.ph
    It should be 12 months if you are married to a Filipino national. This is called a Balikbayan Visa, and quoted from the Philippine Embassy website here in the UK:

"Q. What is a balikbayan privilege?

A balikbayan privilege entitles its holder to stay in the Philippines for a maximum of one year without visa. Spouses and unmarried children below 18 years of age of Filipino/former Filipino nationals may avail themselves of this privilege if they travel to the Philippines with their Filipino/former Filipino spouses or parent/s."

http://www.philemb.org.uk/

To gah73, Immigration in Surigao City is at Narciso St, tel: 086-826-8263. Current fees are:

Application fee P1,000.00
    Visa waiver fee P500.00
    Legal research fee P20.00
    *Express lane fee P500.00

Heres the link if anyone wants to know where all the Immigration Offices are located around the Philippines (theres quite a few!!):
    http://www.immigration.gov.ph/provin...s&subports.php

Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    Visa waiver fee P500.00
    they take the

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    It should be 12 months if you are married to a Filipino national. This is called a Balikbayan Visa, and quoted from the Philippine Embassy website here in the UK:

"Q. What is a balikbayan privilege?

A balikbayan privilege entitles its holder to stay in the Philippines for a maximum of one year without visa. Spouses and unmarried children below 18 years of age of Filipino/former Filipino nationals may avail themselves of this privilege if they travel to the Philippines with their Filipino/former Filipino spouses or parent/s."

http://www.philemb.org.uk/

To gah73, Immigration in Surigao City is at Narciso St, tel: 086-826-8263. Current fees are:

Visa waiver fee P500.00

Heres the link if anyone wants to know where all the Immigration Offices are located around the Philippines (theres quite a few!!):
    http://www.immigration.gov.ph/provin...s&subports.php

Just to note we didn't get a balikbayan visa stamp automatically in my passport not that we needed it for 14 days . If you need it worth asking before they just stamp it and let you move on.

Thanks for the advice guys. Without it my trip would be a disaster.

To get the Balikbayan visa, you need to get thru immigration together. In case keep with you a copy on the marriage certificate (better to have the NSO Sepca one, as abroad ones are not always recognized).

To know if you get a Balikbayan visa, there is no exit date indicated and they write BB1YR on the entry stamp (Balikbayan 1 year visa).
    Best regards.
    Yves

Just a couple tips gah73 (although you probably know by now anyway)

There's a dress code at the BOI, long pants (jeans were enough in Cebu although trousers are probably more advisable) and shoes are required.

Obviously you'll need to take your passport (it needs to be valid for a minimum 6 months) and you might be asked to produce your return flight documents and proof of being able to financially support yourself (they asked for neither in Cebu).

You can apply for your visa extension anytime from the moment you arrive in Phils (which is good for the peace of mind) and it really is a doddle.

Enjoy your trip

You can also get a 59 day visa by going to the Philippine embassy in London and avoid extending hassles whilst there in R.P.

BTW..A Balikbayan stamp is NOT a visa.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    BTW..A Balikbayan stamp is NOT a visa.
    Yes it is a visa.

Read here: http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org...kbayanvisa.htm
    Best regards.
    Yves

Thread Information