Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Red face Uk visas, sole responsibillity, sole custody order,

Hello to this forum…
    Hello guys Im a 30 year old British Born Citizen living in Cebu, Philippines.
    I am looking for some help and would appreciate any help at all on this matter in getting some complexed questions and situations answered.

SHORT SCENARIO: I MARRIED MY WIFE WHO IS A FILIPPINA. SHE HAS TWO CHILDREN FROM HER EX MARRIGAGE. WHO ARE BOTH GIRLS AGES ARE NOW 13 & AND 9 YEARS.
    MY WIFE HAS "A COURT ORDER" OF "FULL CUSTODY ORDER" OF BOTH OF HER DAUGHTERS GIVEN TO HER FROM THE LAW COURTS IN CEBU (PHILIPPINES). THIS IS KNOW AS A PERMANENT PROTECTION ORDER OF CHILD CUSTODY (PPO). THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HER ANNULMENT. JUST TO BE CLEAR THIS WAS AWARDED TO MY WIFE AND HER CHILDREN IN DEC 2007 AS THE EX WAS QUITE A VIOLENT MAN.
    THE ANNULMENT WAS DONE A YEAR AFTER AS YOU KNOW IT TAKES FOREVER.
    HER EX HUSBAND HAS NO RIGHT TO COME NEAR HER (MY WIFE) OR HER CHILDREN WHO HAVE SUFFERED TERRIBLE CHILD ABUSES AND VIOLENCE FROM THEIRE FATHER. THE OLDEST DAUGHTER BEING THE ONE WHO PRESSED CHARGES OF CHILD ABUSE AGAINST HER OWN FATHER.
    MY WIFE IS, AND HAS BEEN FOR MANY YEARS THE SOLE RESPONSIBLE PARENT AND A MAJOR DECISION MAKER TO THE CHILDS LIVES FOR MANY YEARS. WE HAVE ALL THE RELEVANT PAPERWORK, STATEMENTS, COURT ORDERS, COURT PROCEEDINGS, COURT DISCUSSIONS, CHILDREN STATEMENTS AND FEELINGS, PSYCHOLOGISTS COMMENTS FOR CHILDREN AND MY WIFE FROM THE CUSTODY CASE ORDEAL, ETC ALL THE NECESSARY PAPERS THAT WOULD BE NEEDED TO CONVINCE THE ENTRANCE CLEARENCE OFFICER AND THE BRITISH EMBASSY THAT ITS IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILDREN FOR THEM TO JOIN THEIR MOTHER TO THE UK. THERE IS NO WAY WE CAN LEAVE THEM HERE.
    ALSO IN THE ANNULMENT PROCESS MY WIFE WAS AWARDED LEGAL CUSTODY OF THE CHILDREN AS A SUITABLE PARENT AND ALSO WITH RIGHTS OF VISITATION FROM THE FATHER.
    BUT OF COURSE THE FATHER WILL NO WAY COME NEAR THE CHILDREN AS THERE IS A PPO. PLUS HE HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN SINCE AS HE IS A DRUNK AND JUNKIE. WE DON’T KNOW HIS WHEREABOUTS NOW.
    WHEN MY WIFE MAKES A SETTLEMENT APPLICATION TO THE UK, OBVIOUSLY BOTH THE CHILDREN WOULD LIKE TO JOIN THE PARENT (MOTHER WHICH IS MY WIFE) TO THE UK.
    I MYSELF HAVE BEEN LIVING AND WORKING AND SUPPORTING MY WIFE AND CHILDREN IN THE PHILIPPINES AND I ALSO HAVE A PERMANENT RESIDENCY PERMIT IN THE PHILS. WE ALSO HAVE TWO CHILDREN OF OUR OWN WHO HAVE DUAL NATIONALITY PHILS AND UK. BUT NOW WE HAVE DECIDED THAT WE WANT TO MAKE A MOVE TO THE UK AND LIVE THERE.

QUESTION
    BASED IM LOOKING FOR SOME INFORMATION AND WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IF YOU HELP ME. I HAVE BEEN ROUND IN CIRCLES FOR MONTHS. PLEASE HELP ME. I HAVE RESEARCHED THOROUGHLY ON WESBSITES BUT CANT SEE TO FIND THE INFORMATION THAT IM AFTER.

IF THE INFORMATION IS THERE ITS NOT CLEAR AND I DONT UNDERSTAND. BRITISH EMBASSY (MANILA)UK VACS (MANILA) UK VISAS (UK)BORDER AND IMMIGRATION (UK)

SHORT SCENARIO: I MARRIED MY WIFE WHO IS A FILIPPINA. SHE HAS TWO CHILDREN FROM HER EX MARRIGAGE. WHO ARE BOTH GIRLS AGES ARE 11 & AND 6 YEARS.MY WIFE HAS
    I AS A STEPFATHER HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR SCHOOL, HEALTHCARE NEEDS AND ALL THE OTHER STUFF. WE LIVE TOGETHER IN ONE HOUSE.

"A COURT ORDER" OF "FULL CUSTODY ORDER" OF BOTH OF HER DAUGHTERS GIVEN TO HER FROM THE LAW COURTS IN CEBU (PHILIPPINES).

HER EX HUSBAND HAS NO RIGHT TO COME NEAR HER (MY WIFE) OR HER CHILDREN WHO HAVE SUFFERED TERRIBLE CHILD ABUSES AND VIOLENCE FROM THEIRE FATHER. THE OLDEST DAUGHTER BEING THE ONE WHO PRESSED CHARGES OF CHILD ABUSE AGAINST HER OWN FATHER.MY WIFE IS, AND HAS BEEN FOR MANY YEARS THE SOLE RESPONSIBLE PARENT AND A MAJOR DECISION MAKER TO THE CHILDS LIVES FOR MANY YEARS.WE HAVE ALL THE RELEVANT PAPERWORK, STATEMENTS, COURT ORDERS,COURT PROCEEDINGS,COURT DISCUSSIONS, CHILDREN STATEMENTS AND FEELINGS, PSYCHOLOGISTS COMMENTS FOR CHILDREN AND MY WIFE, ETC ALL THE NECESSARY PAPERS THAT WOULD BE NEEDED TO CONVINCE THE ENTRANCE CLEARENCE OFFICER AND THE BRITISH EMBASSY THAT ITS IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILDREN FOR THEM TO JOIN THEIR MOTHER TO THE UK.

WHEN MY WIFE MAKES A SETTLEMENT APPLICATION TO THE UK, OBVIOUSLY BOTH THE CHILDREN WOULD LIKE TO JOIN THE PARENT (MOTHER WHICH IS MY WIFE) TO THE UK.

QUESTION
    1. BASED ON OUR SITUATION WHAT IS LIKELY TO HAPPEN WITH THE SETTLEMENT APPLICATION?
    2. HOW AND WHAT PROOF EXACLTY DOES THE ECO REQUIRE THAT MY WIFE HAS BEEN THE SOLE RESPONSIBLE PARENT? HOW CAN WE PROVE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY?
    3. PLEASE CAN YOU COMMENT ON MY SITUATION AS TO WHAT YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN IN OUR VISA APPLICATION

MY EMAIL ikychopz@hotmail.co.uk

Trusted Member
    I believe that with the court documents you have in your possession there shouldn't really be an issue.

If worse comes to worst, there's nothing to stop you having a word with the ECO, either in person or on the phone, just to 'test the water' (or by email). They are real people....my brother used to be one, and then was in charge of all of them.

I brought the wife and her two children to the UK. They were 7 and 9 years old at the time, but the father died soon after that.

Hi there Aiden, welcome.

I can almost feel your frustration and anxiety.
    This forum has many experienced members who have actually done just what you are seeking to do.

Firstly, I agree with Graham. From the detailed information you have supplied I can see no problems or major issues at all.

I'm pretty sure you have made a very extensive review of requirements, so if I duplicate please accept my apology.

Here is some info from UKBA that SHOULD explain everything that is required to be compliant for settlement:-

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settlement/children

This should answer your questions, but please take a review of the above link and ask any questions you feel need clarification.
    Please also consider the 'whole' application regarding spouse and children.
    Can you comply with UKBA requirements for spouse and children in terms of financial standing and suitable accommodation?

I'm not wanting to be negative just want to help you think logically about the settlement process for ALL.
    Plenty of us here will help you succeed and achieve your target step by step.

Please be patient with us each step of the way. There is a huge amount of experience here.

Here's some info for spouse visa requirements:-
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....-A-quick-guide

Have a read ask more
    God Bless

hello aiden, welcome to the forum!!

I dont see any difficulties to prove sole responsibility and sole custody especially if the children has never leave or being separated with their mother since the marriage broke down with the ex , but please read the small prints from the annulment ''visitation rights of the father'' (has he ever visited the kids? communicate with them? try to support them or give money? ...the childrens are not minors they can write a letter to the ECO to support their visa application. all the links has been provided by ''terpe'' for the spouse visa application... good luck to you and your family!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Hello Graham. I appreciate your response. Its like a all the weights been lifted. May I ask how can i contact the ECO at the British Embassy in Manila? I cant see to find the email address or contact number. I would much prefer to send an email. WOuld by any chance know where I can get the email address? Thanks Aiden

Hello
    Thank you for your detailed response and reply. Its really helpful to see the while picture.

I will have a thorough read of it and get back to you.

Hello Graham im sending you a message again as it didnt work the first time. If you receive my message twice my apologies.

May I know how I can contact the ECO at the Brit Emb in Manila. I would much prefer to send an email. I cant seem to find any email or contact details on the website.

Please can you tell me where I can find the email to contact the ECO.

Many thanks
    Aiden

Quote Originally Posted by aiden View Post
    Hello Graham im sending you a message again as it didnt work the first time. If you receive my message twice my apologies.

May I know how I can contact the ECO at the Brit Emb in Manila. I would much prefer to send an email. I cant seem to find any email or contact details on the website.

Many thanks
    Aiden
    Sorry your post wasnt seen Aiden, sometimes new members posts are left pending (hidden) until they can be approved by one of the team. I have approved them now.

Good luck by the way and welcome to the forum.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Hiya Aiden,

wanted to send u pm but i can't at the moment. I agree w/ the members here & i don't see any issues about your worries because your wife is totally free & is legally married to you with legal papers of her 2 children as well.

I'm from Cebu, lives in the west midlands. if it's alright for you, u may call my dad who's been so well verse about this matter. (no worries free consultation)...just mentioned my name Maria Donna Bailey & that I refer u to him. Lots of my friends just call him & ask some questions. It's 2536540, Mr. Eduardo Ferrer (8 till 12noon/M-F)

all the best to u & your family
    If you can't say something nice. SHUT UP!. Simple.

Hello

I thank you for your help. Yes I will give him a call thank you so much again.

anytime aiden. I'll phone dad tmrw just to let him know. Have a great weekend!

Hello again guys. I want to say thanks to all of you who have answered my questions in just one day when I have been trying to get these answers for so long.

Not trying to sound like a dumb ass but I still have some questions I want some clarification on.

As mentioned Above when my wifes annulment came through on the finality order it states that my wife was awarded
    "LEGAL CUSTODY OF THE CHILDREN AS BEING THE SUITABLE PARENT WITH RIGHTS OF VISITATION".

PRIOR TO THIS the children also have a PPO a permanent protection order against their father.

Anyway the point is that if the father has visitation rights but he has not been seen for ages as he disappeared.

My question is that if the finality of the annulment says that my wife was awarded full legal custody with rights of visitation by the father would this not be a grounds for refusal of the kids settlement visa?

We still have the PPO (Perm Protection ORder too)

This is what im confused about?

Will the ECO not ask for a letter from their father?

The thing is that hes a junkie and menace 2 society. He has a criminal record and also uses a gun to go on about his business.

This is the reason we also cannot let the kids go near him

Looking for some help on this matter.

As ive been living and working in cebu for the past 4 years with a legal residency visa would this show that im the one supporting and financially responsible for their upbringing ofcourse along with my wife.

Tell me what you think guys.

Thanks again guys
    AIden

Hello

I appreciate it so much
    Ill ring him on Thursday because I have a day off on thursday morning. IS your dad here in cebu?

Thanks

great coz he's always bz on a mondays and fridays. Yes, he's in Cebu he's retired now but the office wants to keep him so he's now one of the advisers. If u are within the cebu city, he's office is located at Room 102 Centro Maximo Bdlg, D. Jakosalem Street. Uptown of Cebu area. Lots of parking space there.

[QUOTE=aiden;311199]Hello again guys.

Anyway the point is that if the father has visitation rights but he has not been seen for ages as he disappeared.

i've been annuled the ex got visitation rights & haven't heard from him for ages - is a bonus plus for you to push through your papers

My question is that if the finality of the annulment says that my wife was awarded full legal custody with rights of visitation by the father would this not be a grounds for refusal of the kids settlement visa?

same as mine & I got my spousal/settlement visa with flying colours. Chill! & relax. Good luck!

Will the ECO not ask for a letter from their father?
    ECO only asked my annulment paper & finality letter & marriage contract

Hello again guys.
    I have some questions again that I hope someone can answer for me.
    When my wife gets her settlement visa from the British Embassy, Manila what are the normal requirements that she must complete before exiting the Philippines for example does she need to have or get - Just to make it more clear
    MY Family members include
    Myself (Brit)
    Wife ( Filippina)
    1st Daughter (13 Filippina)
    2nd Daughter (9 Filippina)
    3rd Daughter (2 Dual National)
    4th Daughter (1 Dual National)
    My biological daughters were born in the Philippines and also they were registered with the Brit Embassy in Manila and also of course nso in the phils.
    • Medical examinations For (my wife and my stepdaughters)
    • How about our biological kids (we have two biological kids born in the Philippines with dual nationality - Filippino and British Citizens) What are the medical reqs for them?
    • DO MY BIOLOGICAL KIDS NEED ANY KIND OF OTHER REQUIREMENTS THAT I SHOULD KNOW OF OR ARE THEY ALLOWED TO ENTER THE UK AS THEY ARE?
    • Do I need to tell the British Embassy about my biological kids even if they have dual nationality(British Passport).
    • NBI Clearance (For the satisfaction of the Philippines government is this necessary)?
    • CFO?
    • English Test (If my wife is a graduate from a University in the Philippines her four year degree in English does she still need to take the English test before we apply for visa?
    • Because I am applying to bring over my wife and two stepdaughters + Plus my two Biological kids (that’s a total of 6 dependants) how much money do you think I need to earn per month in your opinion to satisfy the Eco and also how much savings do you think I need to show in my bank account?

Looking forward to lots of answers and information on this one.

Thanks so much again

Trusted Member
    Any children with British passports are Brits as much as you are, and will be treated exactly the same as you for entry to UK.

Only difference at Phils end is that they may have to pay the travel tax upon departure. Make sure you have their Phils docs with you at the airport as well as their British passports. (Immigration may want to have a look).

Last time I brought my step-kids back from the Phils in 2003 (Filipino passports), no medical checks needed.

Hey Graham thanks for the reply.

Graham would you mind answering the question below please mate.
    I sent you this a few days ago. thanks again matey.

Many thanks
    Aiden

Trusted Member
    Sorry Aiden, I'm no wiser than you are on that.

It might be easier to find a phone number for the embassy and give them a ring (ask for the email at the same time ?).

FCO site in London may have contact number and email details for individual missions too.

Aiden,
    It's unlikely that you will be able to directly contact any overseas ECO with an enquiry prior to making application.
    You may be lucky and make contact to a Manager but they will usually only refer you to immigration rules unfortunately.

Still, may worth a try.

Maria hello how are you doing?
    I didnt yet ring your dad been so busy with sorting out paper works and stuff.

I have a question for you and would like to know something from your experience.

As you mentioned in your previous reply to me..... below....
    i've been annuled the ex got visitation rights & haven't heard from him for ages - is a bonus plus for you to push through your papers

In terms of the Immigration at the airport in the Philippines (Mactan- Cebu Airport) what do i need to show them for my step kids.
    I want my family to fly from Cebu-doha-manchester (Qatar Airways).
    Because I heard the immigration officials at Manila are a nightmare.

When you flew out from the Philippines did the immigration officials at the airport ask for anything like your finality papers.

The reason i ask is my sister in law who is married to an american national. When she flew out from Manila to LA usa, She took her son with her from her ex. Her ex died.
    The immigration at Manila asked for the death certificate of her ex husband.

I want to avoid all problems as much as i can.

Can you tell me what you showed to the immigration at the airport when you left the country?

Did you get some exit clerance from the immigration or dswd or was there no need?
    Did you get permission from you ex?

Please can you help me out on this one.

Thanks so much again Maria.

Aiden

Hiya Aiden,

It's alright, don't worry.

I don't see problems with your worries because it's been a long time that your wife has been anulled from her ex. In my case they only asked for my NSO marriage contract & that's it. (although I have all my papers with me on hand ready just in case if they will ask me surprisingly).

There are different requirements of what papers to show depends from origin to destination.
    For more updated info, please call your airline (Qatar Airways) about Travel clearance for minors as they will help u the updated rules. http://www.qatarairways.com/ph/en/contact-us.html. It's been 7 years that I resigned from the MCIAA-Cebu (hr dept) & there might be a lot of changes nowadays.
    Browse also DSWD's website http://www.dswd.gov.ph/index.php/faq...ce-for-minors-
    Reminders: always have the originals (& extra photocopy) of your stepchildren.

About minor children (18 yrs old below), immigration always ask for travel clearance if one parent is bringing the child/ children out of the country but there are surprises like one with my accountant manager before (2002) whose family decided to migrate in Canada & was so funny as they are the parents of 2 kids & yet they were asked for a travel clearance of their children.

Yes, immigration will ask for death certificate of any ex-partners. In my case, (if asked) I always declare that my partner is unknown (meaning I haven't heard from him after the separation).

My son didn't come with me when I fly out as he doesn't like to live in the UK. They only asked for my orignal NSO marriage certificate...(there's a note at the side that I am anulled). They just looked at it & the CFO stamped in my passport & that's all.

Hope you can find answers by phoning the links that I mentioned of the above.

Good Luck Aiden

Hello Maria

Thanks for all the info you have given to me so far.

I rang DSWD and Immigration. They told me not to worry as Ive the court orders.
    woohoo!!!!

I also signed up on a forum with an atty. from the Philippines. This is what the lawyer replied.
    “Ordinarily, minors can travel abroad without obtaining a travel clearance from the DSWD if they are accompanied by one parent. Immigration officers may still question you upon exit especially if the children’s surnames are not the same as yours. So, you’ll have to bring relevant documents to show your right to travel with them such as the certified true copy of your custody order and their birth certificates.
    A copy of the protection order may also be required. Finally, try not to appear anxious at the immigration counter! Just relax and act confident that you can answer all their questions and show them proof of your right to take them out with you. I hope this helps.
    The birth certificates will show your relationship to your children which should be sufficient to allow them to leave the country with you. They can only stop you if you are not their parent (or if you can’t prove this to them) or if there is a hold departure order on the children”.

Maria I have another question for you sorry I know im always asking hope you don’t mind.
    I really want to use a visa consultant to organise my paperwork and check all the documents.
    You mentioned below that your father is a consultant.
    What visa firm does he work for? Can you recommend me a good, reliable firm who can help me out to organise and file my visa? DO you know how much they charge?
    I rang a couple of them today in Cebu they mentioned to me that the cost is about 30 thousand to 50 thousand pesos.
    “great coz he's always bz on a mondays and fridays. Yes, he's in Cebu he's retired now but the office wants to keep him so he's now one of the advisers. If u are within the cebu city, he's office is located at Room 102 Centro Maximo Bdlg, D. Jakosalem Street. Uptown of Cebu area. Lots of parking space there.”

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks
    Aiden

Hiya Aiden,

I just knew it that there's nothing to be worried about. I am glad u got answers to your worries now.

It's been a long time that I don't know much about new things in Cebu for 3 years. I've been to Cebu for 3 times only for a holiday & mostly we spent time outside the City. I know there's a lot of it out there but personally I don't contact/ enquire anybody coz Dad process things for us. About the cost, I also have no idea as my Dad process our paper for free. He's even the one who booked appointment for us for Moya Jackson (Cebu's British Consulate) & VFS call centre etc...We only pay the cost of the visa (settlement & my new passport), I only give a service charge for his messenger & his staff & that's it. More or less Php 1,500 (2008). He's been in this service for more than 45 years, I wasn't born at the time he started work in this company. He got lots of clients of different nationalities, some of them even gate crashed in our place lols...as they have lots of worries too.

I spoke to the family via skype yesterday & Sunday & I will be off to work in a bit later...I think it's best to try phoning him & see what advise he can give u. He got lots of connections.

You may pay him a visit w/ your wife if u have the time.
    His office is Sharp Travel Agency...his direct phone number is 032-2536540. Their main office is in Manila. I will text my sister now to let my dad know that u might be phoning anytime. She works in the accounting dept same ofc as Dad. I will just say a certain Aiden? Is that ok with u?

I always got mail msgs notification from this forum via my phone. But I may not reply straight away due to work as well.

Don't worry as I am very much happy to help anybody in the forum. That is what we are here for.

Hello Guys.

another question popped up in my head and would really want some answers.

I am the sponsor (british male)

I want to sponsor my wife and 2 step children.
    As you can see the above forum my wife has legal custody of the children (please see the posts above).

When proving sole responsibility like, financials, major decisions, does my wife need to prove it more than i do?

would love some answers on this?

its for your wife to prove not you, but nothing wrong with stating what you/both provide..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

SOME MORE QUESTIONS AND LOTS OR RESPONSES WOULD BE APPRECIATED
    I was going over my documents again of CHILD CUSTODY and FINALITY OF ANNULMENT DECISION.

BRIEF SITUATION
    The custody order which was finished before the annulment the judge gave my wife PPO Permanent Protection Order because he ex was abusive and violent.
    ANNULMENT
    This was completed about 9 months after the Child Custody Case. In the finality of the annulment the Judge forgot to include the above. The father was absent from the Annulment and didn’t care to show up.
    IN THE LEGAL WORDS IT STATES THE FOLLOWING “**** **** is awarded legal custody of the children being the suitable parent with rights of visitation of the father”.

But the fact remains that the childrens father was also sent to jail for abuse and violence towards the children. And he has never been seen since. We don’t know his whereabouts.

My question is that the above court order maybe questioned because PPO is awarded to my wife and the annulment finality says visitation rights given to father.
    So even though in this case my wife and I have been solely responsible for the kids upbringing for instance, schooling, fees, clothes, food, religion, and so on.
    We have all the receipts, letters from doctors, teachers, family, pictures to prove this.
    So we can prove sole responsibility.

I have heard instances that the ECO may ask written permission from the biological father.
    But in our case we don’t know his whereabouts and even if we did we would not approach him as hes a menace to society.
    In a case like this do you feel that sole responsibility is sufficient or do we really need to get permission from the bio-father?
    To repeat my wife and I have been solely responsible for the childrens daily upbrining. I myself have been living in the Philippines legally as a resident for the past four years.
    Please kindly give your opinions and suggestions as how to prove all this.

i think your worrying too much aiden, thou its good your doing the research

i'm sure sending evidence of the PPO and there has been no contact with the father for years should be enough.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Joe

thanks for the reply.
    Yes im worrying just want to make sure ive got everything covered. I want to make sure this is like a business proposal. Its a product that must sell!! haha

Quote Originally Posted by aiden View Post
    SOME MORE QUESTIONS AND LOTS OR RESPONSES WOULD BE APPRECIATED
    I was going over my documents again of CHILD CUSTODY and FINALITY OF ANNULMENT DECISION.

BRIEF SITUATION
    The custody order which was finished before the annulment the judge gave my wife PPO Permanent Protection Order because he ex was abusive and violent.
    ANNULMENT
    This was completed about 9 months after the Child Custody Case. In the finality of the annulment the Judge forgot to include the above. The father was absent from the Annulment and didn’t care to show up.
    IN THE LEGAL WORDS IT STATES THE FOLLOWING “**** **** is awarded legal custody of the children being the suitable parent with rights of visitation of the father”.

But the fact remains that the childrens father was also sent to jail for abuse and violence towards the children. And he has never been seen since. We don’t know his whereabouts.

My question is that the above court order maybe questioned because PPO is awarded to my wife and the annulment finality says visitation rights given to father.
    So even though in this case my wife and I have been solely responsible for the kids upbringing for instance, schooling, fees, clothes, food, religion, and so on.
    We have all the receipts, letters from doctors, teachers, family, pictures to prove this.
    So we can prove sole responsibility.

I have heard instances that the ECO may ask written permission from the biological father.
    But in our case we don’t know his whereabouts and even if we did we would not approach him as hes a menace to society.
    In a case like this do you feel that sole responsibility is sufficient or do we really need to get permission from the bio-father?
    To repeat my wife and I have been solely responsible for the childrens daily upbrining. I myself have been living in the Philippines legally as a resident for the past four years.
    Please kindly give your opinions and suggestions as how to prove all this.
    Hello guys

Would love to get some more comments on this.
    Many thanks
    Aiden

Thread Information