Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thumbs up Filipino Cooking

Jason Atherton (born 1971 in Sheffield, South Yorkshire), is an English chef. He was the Executive Chef at Gordon Ramsay's Michelin starred Maze in London until 30 April 2010. He featured my hometown's (Cebu City) kind of food & lifestyle. Check this out!

http://www.jasonatherton.co.uk/
    If you can't say something nice. SHUT UP!. Simple.

nice

you know my husband when he was here in Phils he already likes eating rice and more of filipiino foods for him it's delicious and heavy :P Ii told him when the time comes that i'll be with him tere hopefully wahhhhh he will have to eat the same dishes as me :P

brokenpieces,

he's wife is Pinay too....from the visayas.
    if u adapt western style food u will get used to the food in here. it's just the typical british food in w/c u will learn in the future. it's nice to try their food as well as it's so easy compared to our filipino way of preparing & cooking. we always fry our garlic, tomatoes & onion before putting the meat & the rest of the ingredient. We don't overcooked our veges too. U will learn more about this things when u are here so I will leave it up to u

myself & my husband loves cooking. my husband tries tasting filipino food as he cannot say no to my mum so he will just taste it. the reason is our food is mostly oily, greasy & heavy & he easily got stomach upset (& i missed our foods lols). But he loves Lechon, mangoes & banana (tundan). He's been in the Philippines for 12 times w/in 3 years successively. I cooked Pinoy foods here but the taste is different. Hubby says it's the water plus the meat is different (it's due to their feeds). there are some items that we cannot find here especially our tropical fruits. Slurp! He loves my monggos (mung bean, dry noodle, chicken sotanghon & Cebu's humba (pork adobo).

hope u enjoy watching the video coz that's the only thing that i do if I crave for some can't wait to read your future posts that u already arrive in the UK so that fil-uk forum members can welcome u here.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria B View Post
    Jason Atherton (born 1971 in Sheffield, South Yorkshire), is an English chef. He was the Executive Chef at Gordon Ramsay's Michelin starred Maze in London until 30 April 2010. He featured my hometown's (Cebu City) kind of food & lifestyle. Check this out!

http://www.jasonatherton.co.uk/
    thanks for sharing MariaB..I REALLY ENJOY WATCHING It.. am not from Cebu though..and i miss my own hometown..the city of Durian davao City

your welcome moy. But i guess davao's cooking is a bit the same in Cebu? been in Davao City once only last 2004 & I forgot this nice restaurant in the centre & their menu is just the same & I love it plus the smell of the fruit market...is lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by Maria B View Post
    .....been in Davao City once only last 2004 & I forgot this nice restaurant in the centre & their menu is just the same & I love it plus the smell of the fruit market...is lovely!
    Ah yes, that wonderful fragrance of ripened Durian.............

oh yes in way simliar..the language as well visayan/bisaya..whatever not much different
    but the lechon cebu is more famous that im addicted to eat it
    davao speciality are crab,kinilaw and many more
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

yes Terpe, that's why I typed dot dot dot (lovely) hahaha...one of our bosses from the airport always brought us pasalubong of durian candies which i love it not the fruit one.

ripened Durian
    the husband describe that durian as the smeels of a corpes

whoa...of all the smells? when I was younger I don't like the smell but bcoz of this durian sweets, it becomes heaven to me lately...lols. I only tasted one piece of meat out from the fruit once in Davao & that's it

I only tasted one piece of meat out from the fruit once
    you'll use to it if everyday you are there smeeling it like what i use to grow
    gow up eating it so its pretty normal..and now it turns to candies..pastillas..and more swets they created our of the fresh smeely fruit Durian

Its nice to hear that your english hushband liketo eat filipino food. I struggle sometime how to modernize my local way of cooking because my hushband thought our food is a bit boring and he feels oblige to eat so not to upset his wife haha. He does'nt like smelly fish and meat with bones but he eat chicken wings.

He does'nt like smelly fish and meat with bones but he eat chicken wings.
    if i were you i will cook more smeely fish and compare it to his smeely feet and ask whats the diffrent

that's what my former boss told me Moy...it really taste good once you get used to it

Quote Originally Posted by Mret77 View Post
    Its nice to hear that your english hushband liketo eat filipino food. I struggle sometime how to modernize my local way of cooking because my hushband thought our food is a bit boring and he feels oblige to eat so not to upset his wife haha. He does'nt like smelly fish and meat with bones but he eat chicken wings.
    Hi Mret77,

That's what my husband said the first time he came over to Cebu. Until his 12x visits in 3 years he started to taste a few. But only loves lechon. In the UK we have an english set up until I got preggy & crave for Pinoy foods, as if he got no choice but to eat what I cook lols & he likes it & I am glad. He must be paranoid a bit bcoz he easily get stomach upset everytime he tries our food in Pinas. Must be due to water & our weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

i think its quite similar to tripe ..but i was shown how to wipe my hands on a kind of grape fruit afterwards.. i guess its like eating fish n chips then degreasing ur mouth with a mug of tea...quite nice

Thread Information