Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

hi eveyone im shery, im new here.. i need some advice

hello to all..

my name is shery im new here, and i need some advice plsss..
    i apply for fiancee visa from the philippines to uk and im sooo worried if what would be the result as i over stay last time in england but i have a reason, we are applying to the home office until my visa expired.. then yesterday i receive an email from the embassy saying that i need 1 more supporting document in order that full consideration can be given,
    which is the decree absolute of my fiancee, and he just apply it to the court, i dont know when are we gonna get it and the embassy gave me only 10 working days to submit it. now i dont know what to do... plsssssssssssssssssss i need advice....

hi am going through same waiting to get absolute its can be months not days am still waiting been more than a month now it all depends on the court it wont be 10 days his solicitor should have told him that at start

Respected Member
    Hi Shery

welcome to the forum from myself and bambi.

Hi Shery, welcome to the forum.

You've posed a very tricky question that probably only the ECO can answer.

In principle the UK divorce decree absolute is not essential.

Here is the UKBA guidance:-
    SET1.17 What if the divorce/dissolution process is not yet finalised?

An entry clearance should not be refused for this reason alone. The ECO would normally expect to see evidence that the divorce/dissolution proceedings are well under way.

While the divorce/dissolution may well come through within the six months Leave to Enter (LTE) period, thereby enabling the couple to marry, the ECO should be aware that divorce/dissolution proceedings may take longer than 6 months to resolve.

Should one of the partners still be waiting for a divorce/dissolution to come through at the end of the six-month LTE period, they may apply to the UK Border Agency for an extension of stay. Once married, the applicant may then apply for Leave to Remain (LTR) as a spouse.

The problem facing the ECO is just how long will it take before you can conclude the marriage. Fiance(e) visa is just 6 months.

Extensions to the 6 months ARE possible upon application.
    I would have thought the ECO would need to see the decree nisi as a minimum plus a letter stating if there were any difficulties that might delay the granting of the absolute.

Sorry can't be of any more help.
    But at least there is some positivity within the UKBA internal guidance.

Hope everything works out. Don't lose your hope.

Quote Originally Posted by guess_shery View Post
    hello to all..

my name is shery im new here, and i need some advice plsss..
    Hello, Shery ... to the friendly filipino/uk forum ... and good luck with your fiance's divorce proceedings, based on the information provided.

hello and welcome

thank u everyone for welcoming me,
    thanks terpe for the advice..
    i have already send them the decree absolute of my fiancee, last monday, and i receive the acknowledgement email, the following day, and its been 3 weeks and 1 day now since the start of my application and i still havent receive any result yet about it. im soo worried and i wanna know the situation, can anybody help me plsssss... can someone share me their exp. of applying fiancee visa specially 2011 plssssssss.. :-(

hi sorry for late reply.
    and thank u ever1 for warm welcome to sir Arthur Little, hawk, travellor, farmerg and worthingmale
    thank u terpe for the advice... really Appreciate it... nway, i already send them my fiancee decree absolute, last 30th of august, and its been morethat 3 weeks now since the start of my application,or 4 weeks this wed. and i still havent heard anything from them yet, can somebody advice what to do pls.... im soo worried, paranoid that maybe they already put my application at the bottom and might forgot my document, i cant sleep and eat, and cant stop thinking about it. grrrrr...:-(

Thread Information