Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is he too fast or foreign guys are just fast? :)

Hi there!

To start off, I met/talked/chatted with Phil online everyday. We talked for 2 almost weeks and I can tell that he is a nice guy. I like talking to him... The conversation was fun and interesting and it had been that way. The thing is he says that he is in with me.. I was like "omg"!!!
    I backed off a little told him that I cannot tell him that I love him because I want to tell it when I mean it. I am just being honest. I do like him but I cannot be so sure if it is love. I want to know him more and I told him that. He gave me sometime off to think about us. And maybe, just maybe I might realize that I love him too

My question is ...guys, do u think he is fast or just being himself. I haven't dated a foreign guy. I just want some answers to have a clearer mindset on this matter.

Thank you.

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila
    The thing to remember is everyone is different, maybe he has fallen in love with you quickly or maybe he thinks he has. At the end of the
    day its important that you go at a pace that is comfortable to you, don't be forced into saying or doing something you're unsure off.
    Only time will tell if you do love this guy or not, just go with what your'e comfortable with. The important thing is, if he this does love you he won't rush you.
    It's been emontional

Thank you sub.. He isn't rushing me.

Banned
    Hi

I didnt think it was possible to fall in love on the internet. But after 2 or 3 weeks we fell in love with each other. We chat without fail everyday for several hours or more. But the icing on the cake was meeting her face to face (twice), however by the time we met face to face we were already in love.

The chemistry was right between us, even though we were in a "cyber" relationship.

Maybe he is confusing being in love wth being infatuated with you. I think for a guy, he loves what he sees very quickly, specially if he finds you attractive. Pehaps he says the 'L' word to let you know how much he loves 'seeing/contacting' you. Real love grows fom a small seed, but it needs to be formed over more time than 2 weeks imo
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Trusted Member
    I've declared my undying love for Angelina Jolie soooo many times now...but still waiting for a response.

You're being sensible.

Keep such emotions on hold until after you've met in person and spent some meaningful time in the guy's company, introduced him to your country, your culture and your family.

Meanwhile I recommend you keep your options open.

Hmm ... ... I'm ALSO inclined to feel that your virtual b/f, Phil COULD be confusing love with infatuation. It's difficult to tell, of course, with your not having said how long you've ACTUALLY been "chatting" for (I'm assuming it has been a good deal longer than the two weeks you mention at the beginning of your current thread!) NOR how much each of you has disclosed to the other about common interests you might share; your respective likes & dislikes and so forth. Without being aware of these factors, I think most people would be hesitant to venture an unbiased opinion.

But I do believe you're being very wise in keeping whatever feelings YOU might already have in reserve ... until you've met the man personally.

like many say we are all differant, just take your time , enjoy talking and making plans for the future, but make sure you both always tell the truth to each other,

I dont think its possible to fall in love online,I do think some guys fall in LUST online

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    .....I do think some guys fall in LUST online
    That depends what sites we are looking at
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I dont think its possible to fall in love online,I do think some guys fall in LUST online
    well said tawi 100 % am agree to you lolz

Banned
    There's a school of thought that says that one is more likley to fall in love with the personality through meeting online. And less likely to fall in lust. I love whats between her ears!!

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post

being in love is so massive thing to explain..
    time will tell you when you both live togther and settle..thats the real thought will prevail..being bf/gf stage is just a decoration..the real "THINGY" will about to come yet.. until then we can only try and try to work it out
    but good luck

Fishing sites for tuna
    well said tawi 100 %

I love whats between her ears!!
    Character and intelligence always for me,not bothered what a woman looks like as long as she can converse with wit and keep a conversation going My woman regularly lectures to meetings of several hundred persons both westerners and filipinos,I couldnt be doing with an airhead however pretty who couldnt even hold one persons attention except with her physical attributes

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Life is changing and the way we meet people is changing. Years ago people used to write love letters that took weeks to get to the recipient, these days you can do the same with emails, sms and messenger services it's just instant. I guess it depends on what you are looking for and how you share your 'online' time that counts today.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    There's a school of thought that says that one is more likley to fall in love with the personality through meeting online. And less likely to fall in lust. I love whats between her ears!!
    I agree.

But I'd still want to meet and confirm the 'chemistry'. Maybe I'm just old fashioned

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

But I'd still want to meet and confirm the 'chemistry'. Maybe I'm just old fashioned
    ... NOT old-fashioned ... I prefer to call it "being sensible"!

Trusted Member
    These days, as long as she has no more than 7 teeth missing, laughs at my jokes, and has a waist, that'll do for me.

Seriously though, I feel sorry for the thousands of sweet Filipinas who are having their time wasted and hopes dashed by internet daydreamers and in many cases out and out perverts.

If you can't fall in love with out seeing one another with your own eyes how do blind and partial blind people fall in love?

If you can't fall in love with out hearing one another with your own ears how do deaf people fall in love?

You can take away any or many senses and people can fall in love. Bodies plus all its functions are just vessels for the soul and mind

It is possible but be careful and keep your head some men and women in both the west and the east will say things to get what they want.

Good luck and welcome to the forum
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    If you can't fall in love with out seeing one another with your own eyes how do blind and partial blind people fall in love?

If you can't fall in love with out hearing one another with your own ears how do deaf people fall in love?

You can take away any or many senses and people can fall in love. Bodies plus all its functions are just vessels for the soul and mind

It is possible but be careful and keep your head some men and women in both the west and the east will say things to get what they want.

Well said.......

Trusted Member
    Very much a visual person myself.

OF COURSE that's only the starting point.

I'm not that shallow....or stupid.

Banned
    Me too Graham.

I met a good few filipinas online initially, who wanted to find their man online as they felt that this way their relationship wouldnt be initiated on lust alone. I distinctly recall one young lady deliberately not issueing pictures or going on camera, at the outset, for that very reason.

I have to confess, I used to be very dismissive of online dating but definitely not now in retrospect. And i was gobsmacked at how quickly I fell for my woman in this way.

A bunch of guys talking about L.O.V.E.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Trusted Member
    I just went straight to the Phils with a handful of letters and addresses.

Before I had chance to meet my 'penpals' the ex put me under her spell, got me drunk, and the rest is purgatory....sorry, I mean history.

Trusted Member
    Eh ?

Not me.

including you boss..

OOPSSSS hope rayna reading this

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post

What a remarkable thing to say.

It suddenly brought back memories for me.

My brother got married 4 times.
    My brother's second wife was deaf, her deafness had slowly crept upon her from the age of 10 or so.
    Her sight was minimal when they first met but she could see some things if she got close enough.

She would always say 'Where there's will there's a way'
    Of course there were many times we all talked about how they met and how they decided to get married. Usually over a bottle of wine or two.

She had never heard my brother's voice, nor had she ever seen his face clearly. But in her mind, his image was clear and strong.

I can't give any clever answer. I never really understood enough myself. I don't even think my brother really understood.

She insisted she was attracted to him by how he made her feel. How he made her happy, secure and independent, but also how he cared for her.

She often told us in her own way that it's not difficult to use your brain, your senses, your intuition and your feelings.

But isn't that what we all do anyway in our relationships? Isn't that the chemistry?

Over a period of 8 years as her sight got worse she slipped into alcoholism and drugs use, the communication and respect between them got lost.
    To be honest, by that time my brother had also become dependent on drugs and alcohol and he also gradually wasted and destroyed his life.

We came to an agreement to take things slow and he gave me sometime off the net. And I was looking for an answer when I happened to search this friendly forum and here I am!

He says he wants to see me personally. Which I think is a good thing. He says that at his age of 43, he would know what love is.

All advises are great guys.. appreciate everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    What a remarkable thing to say.

It suddenly brought back memories for me.

My brother got married 4 times.
    My brother's second wife was deaf, her deafness had slowly crept upon her from the age of 10 or so.
    Her sight was minimal when they first met but she could see some things if she got close enough.

She would always say 'Where there's will there's a way'
    Of course there were many times we all talked about how they met and how they decided to get married. Usually over a bottle of wine or two.

She had never heard my brother's voice, nor had she ever seen his face clearly. But in her mind, his image was clear and strong.

I can't give any clever answer. I never really understood enough myself. I don't even think my brother really understood.

She insisted she was attracted to him by how he made her feel. How he made her happy, secure and independent, but also how he cared for her.

She often told us in her own way that it's not difficult to use your brain, your senses, your intuition and your feelings.

But isn't that what we all do anyway in our relationships? Isn't that the chemistry?

Over a period of 8 years as her sight got worse she slipped into alcoholism and drugs use, the communication and respect between them got lost.
    To be honest, by that time my brother had also become dependent on drugs and alcohol and he also gradually wasted and destroyed his life.
    So sorry to read about this Terpe, what a very sad situation. I notice that your brother was married 4 times so I am hoping that he was able to regain part of his life back again ......................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information