Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Another Milestone ...

... not just for me - but for every grandparent - my wee grandson, Ewan, 5 in October, started school this morning. Admittedly, he'd been attending first, playgroup ... then nursery ... over the years ... but a BIG DAY in the life of ANY child, nonetheless!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... not just for me - but for every grandparent - my wee grandson, Ewan, 5 in October, started school this morning. Admittedly, he'd been attending first, playgroup ... then nursery ... over the years ... but a BIG DAY in the life of ANY child, nonetheless!
    Feeling old yet Arthur ? But I guess a nice feeling to see your family progressing into life and dare I say it 'opportunities'
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

ALWAYS emotional, we put our Joshua in his new nursery uniform at the weekend even though he does not start till mid September. wow he looked so grown up already

Had to laugh the a few weeks back when we visited the school that his nursery is attached to during their lunch break and hsi saw all the kids... "mummy look many many children" he shouted wide eyed... his nursery in Palawan had seven in his class.
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Feeling old yet Arthur ? But I guess a nice feeling to see your family progressing into life and dare I say it 'opportunities'
    ME ... OLD ?? Nah! But you're right, Steve ... it IS, indeed, an especially nice feeling for me.

Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    ALWAYS emotional, we put our Joshua in his new nursery uniform at the weekend even though he does not start till mid September. wow he looked so grown up already
    I know what you mean, Scott. My daughter, Fiona has just posted a photo of Ewan on FB ... and he, too, looks so "formal" and "grown up" standing at their front door "posing" in his school uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    Had to laugh the a few weeks back when we visited the school that his nursery is attached to during their lunch break and hsi saw all the kids... "mummy look many many children" he shouted wide eyed... his nursery in Palawan had seven in his class.
    Yes ... kids' interpretations of things can be sooo comical. During a recent holiday, Fiona had occasion to tell Ewan to stop behaving like an imbecile ... to which he retorted, "We saw imbeseals on that pirate ship!"

Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings ...

little joe is 5 on the 5th nov , he's already done a yr in nursery, my step daughter who 11, start to go to secondary school in sept, i know she scared but i'm sure she be once she settled in
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

heheheheehe yes childrens observations are funny, perhaps you could start athread on them Arthur, cheer us all up

starter for 10

when given a satsuma my boy asked if I would "take its coat off!!
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

I can only just remember leaving school
    Let alone starting but that was 62 years ago

I hope he enjoys school Arthur
    Mick

Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post

I hope he enjoys school Arthur
    Mick
    I hope so, Mick, ... I'm sure he will !

Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    I can only just remember leaving school
    ... so can I ! Fifty years ago - on the last day of February, 1961 ! My (soon to be) ex-schoolmates stuck me head-first down the "cludgie"!

Congrats Arthur; a significant milestone indeed. Our Marikit starts pre-school on the 7th September - she'll have turned 29 months. Like little Joe she went through the nursery stages. We have her uniform all washed and ironed ready for her first day which will I'm sure, be very emotional for us.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    Congrats Arthur; a significant milestone indeed. Our Marikit starts pre-school on the 7th September - she'll have turned 29 months. Like little Joe she went through the nursery stages. We have her uniform all washed and ironed ready for her first day which will I'm sure, be very emotional for us.
    , Toks ... ... it's occasions like these that remind us of the old maxim, "time & tide wait for no man" ... or woman ... or child - the latter being babies for such a brief period (as in the case of your little boy) followed by the [scarcely] longer ... yet formative 'toddler' stage (like *Marikit - herself, already almost 2 1/2). Amazing to think *she's about to join a pre-school group next month!

From Myrna & myself: God Bless you, Pia ... and your little ones, my friend. And be sure to post a photo of Marikit in her uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    little joe is 5 on the 5th nov , he's already done a yr in nursery, my step daughter who 11, start to go to secondary school in sept, i know she scared but i'm sure she be once she settled in
    Yes ... 'BIG Joe' ... I'm confident each of them will soon settle into their respective new routines. Goodluck to both.

I always remember *'little Joe' will be 5 on November 5 (*reminds me of ITV's 'Bonanza' ) ... although I imagine he too, will be starting Primary School - at a slightly earlier age than most of his classmates - when September comes around. And his stepsister is due to go up to Secondary at the same time ... ? Wow! So ... changes all round eh?

Never mind, the 'Bloggs' family's "coping mechanism" is bound to manifest itself in overcoming such "relatively minor" hurdles - compared to all those you and the missus have gone through over the years ... not least, your recent domestic upheaval.

Thread Information