Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thumbs up Destination: Philippines

If you can't say something nice. SHUT UP!. Simple.

Has the pinoy tourist secretary resigned recently due to poor performance Kay Ganda was an abysmal failure

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

To be honest if I were a gap-year backpacking student I wouldnt find Pinas remotely interesting compared to tourist friendly thailand located near Cambodia,vietnam,lao etc so people can do multiple countries in one trip,Pinas has never been marketed properly,I remember seeing a projection of tourist numbers to Pinas years ago and thinking "The people who put this together are smoking crack" Pinas needs a foreigner to market it properly,other wise its always going to be just a niche destination without appeal to the masses.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    I've not seen that many 18 - 30 year old Brits there, plenty of middle aged + Brits out there. In comparison, Boracay is full of 18 - 30 year old Yanks, Canadians, Germans and Swedes. Has the Phil's Tourist Board decided to market the Phil's in North America and Northern Europe, but ignore GB

How does the P.I. compare with Thailand on costs when you get there, for middle of the road standards, food accom etc?

How does the P.I. compare with Thailand on costs when you get there, for middle of the road standards, food accom etc?
    Thailand is cheaper.......Fact!And more tourist friendly,its geared-up for holidaymakers,pinas has a rougher edge which I like but for trouble-hassle-free tourism its Thailand any day of the week

Philippines are a NIGHTMARE in many respects but we love it all the same!

thanks guys, I am looking to take a break for 3 or 4 weeks at the end of this month and you have helped me make up my mind. I went to Bangkok with my wife at christmas and loved it and haven`t been to PI for around 4 years so out a bit out of touch.
    this time I am flying solo, any recommendations for Thailand?

mostly British youngsters, teens, middle 20-30's ~ you can find them in the countryside doing climbing/ nature trek or beach resort for diving unlike older British who stays in the centre.

I agree that there are a lot of beautiful scenic nature ( if you're a nature lover ) in Pinas but the marketing/ promotion isn't good enough. Mostly my hubby's friend would ask as they can do family tour package like kuala lumpur, thailand, borneo, hongkong then kuala lumpur & why there's no Philippines in it. A friend of ours from Traval bag said British people doesnt want to travel another 4 hours like for example 4-5hrs from Malaysia to the Philippines...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    this time I am flying solo, any recommendations for Thailand?
    , none, ... EXCEPT - for Pete's sake - don't be tying yourself up with a Thai bride.

I am not wife hunting Arthur, more interested in relaxation

Trusted Member
    Larger scale tourism would ruin the Phils (for me).

It is increasingly popular with other Asian tourists and business people though, such as Koreans, Chinese and Japanese.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Larger scale tourism would ruin the Phils (for me).

It is increasingly popular with other Asian tourists and business people though, such as Koreans, Chinese and Japanese.
    I agree Graham. I like the fact it's a bit off the beaten track and inconvenient for for GB tourists to get to

most of our ex pat community is German, Swiss, Italian and Dutch, a few Brits and 2 Americans, there are Koreans and a few Japanese but they tend to keep themselves to themselves. I like the fact we are a mixed community as my dad taught his European mates cribbage and Doms and they taught him boule and backgammon, we have a mini 5 a side kickabout out the back on an Italian run hotel, pool is universally popular but I confused the heck out of them trying ato fashion a game of bar billiards LOL. I do not miss having more Brits about and the lack of loud Americans is a bonus. The wives all enjoy teachin each other different countries cooking and they LOVE playing Tongit
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila
    Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    most of our ex pat community is German, Swiss, Italian and Dutch, a few Brits and 2 Americans, there are Koreans and a few Japanese but they tend to keep themselves to themselves. I like the fact we are a mixed community as my dad taught his European mates cribbage and Doms and they taught him boule and backgammon, we have a mini 5 a side kickabout out the back on an Italian run hotel, pool is universally popular but I confused the heck out of them trying ato fashion a game of bar billiards LOL. I do not miss having more Brits about and the lack of loud Americans is a bonus. The wives all enjoy teachin each other different countries cooking and they LOVE playing Tongit
    Scott, where abouts do you live out there if you don't mind me asking?
    It's been emontional

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    I am not wife hunting Arthur, more interested in relaxation
    I know, Pete ... couldn't resist the .

our place is just north of Puerto Princesa in Palawan, I was there on on and off through late 2005 to 2008 and my wife and little ones are just back this May from being there for 14 months with me visiting for about four months over that period. We really enjoy being there and I am looking at a route to get us back there long term after my mahal get her British passport.... comes to something when all you want is the much prized British passport for it to ease travel
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    ... comes to something when all you want is the much prized British passport for it to ease travel
    ... doesn't it just, Scott?!

Thread Information