Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

What a difference three years can make!

Hi all

Amazing to note that yesterday marked the 3rd Anniversary of Pia's arrival in the UK along with 2 other dear friends of ours. Another great friend arrived shortly afterwards. Between us we've had 7 babies in that time - 4 boys and 3 girls!

To think that in the last 2 years we've had 2 children. Marikit was a baby in 2009 and is now ate to her baby brother Makisig (2 weeks old). She is starting school in 3 weeks - even got her cute little uniform ready (complete with straw hat).

So much else has happened over the 3 years - new job, new city, new home, etc. Most importantly, it has been about family and friends.

I know there are many others that share similar experiences or are on the road to doing so.

Congrats to us all - irrespective of where we currently are on that journey!

Peace

Toks
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

heh Toks man I did not even know your Pia had already given birth, belated congratulations. our little prince starts his schools nursery in September and he takes his role as kuya to his baby sister very seriously lol.

We have to meet up sometime

Scott
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Woow Congratulations Toks!! what a lovely name for ur kids Marikit and Makisig very pinoy give our kisses to both of them, its so surprising how kids can settle well here in school my daughter got 2 spelling bee trophies and 1 for math quiz ,arrived in uk with just 2weeks in year 3 and come sept shes on year four ,...in 3weeks year 5 phewww one more year and shes in a BIG school hahhaa, time flies...

goodluck on ur little girl and stay happy
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Hi Scott

How are Ligaya, yourself and family doing?

Thanks for the congrats. Starting nursery is a great time. It's great when the older child really loves the younger one Although, we have to keep an eye on Marikit as she says, "I'll carry him to the kitchen daddy".

It wouldbe great to meet up. You're only up the road now were in MK. We are right by Junction 14 so you could come down or we could come and visit you sometime or meet middway.

Catch up soon.

Toks

Thank you so much for liking their names. We really believe that the naming of a child is an important step that can have a significant bearing on the child's future and really love these names.

I never heard of the spelling Bee until recently. It's agreat acomplihment - she's obviously motivated to do wel which is a huge part of the battle covered. BIG school! Wow. We've still got almost 3 years before Marikit goes to BIG schol but it's really interesting how early one needs to be looking at schooling options and where best to live to ensure good proximity to the better schools.

Reading these posts bring back all my memories.

Speaking from experience, my only advice to all is to give as much of your time as you possibly can.
    Time is really of the essence in so many ways. The growth and development of children is so much more rapid than you can ever imagine.
    Those special moments that come and go will never return. So give all the love, support, attention and education you can before the moment has passed and the next stage is about to arrive.

Ah, now I almost forgot to mention, don't ever think that once your children reach 18 or 21 or 30 or ....... whatever, that they will no longer need you. It's probably the only job for life.

true my 21 yr old still needs occasional reminders/tips and general fatherly support, but it is great to see him gettiing on and doing what he wants in life.
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    Thank you so much for liking their names.
    So true... I should have called my two 'Retard' and 'Useless'
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Wow! congratulations! hey guys, be nice to have a family meet ups...I live in Bristol but most of the time we visit my mum-in-law in Nottingham...My little one is also starting school this September...if you could let us know when, that would amazing
    "Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same."

Thread Information