Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Does Anyone Know

Hi Guys,
    Just a thought I had the other day,if you are going to retire to the Philippines for good and get married do you still have to have a return flight ticket in case immigration ask for one?

no just the one way, is this the start to a new life or as you say , just a thought

sorry jonnijon, i should have read your other threads before jumping in,

jonnijon, depends on your visa status.
    If you will already have 13a visa or Special Resident Retiree's Visa then a return ticket is not needed.

If you're going to follow the extendable tourist route you will need a ticket that exits Pinas. Doesn't have to be return to UK can just be "throw away ticket".

If my memory is correct, when arriving with a Philippine spouse and obtaining balikbayan stamp, you can stay extend your visa and stay for 24 months before you need to leave Phil.
    When you return to phils the same process starts again (well if your spouse accompanies you anyway)

A lot of people will tell you that they never got asked to show any return ticket.......which is true for me also.
    But that route is not allowed and however simple it seems if you got caught out that would be your dream in potential ruin.
    Do your own risk assessment on that one.

Hi guys,
    I have been in and out the Philippines for about 7 years now and only been asked once,and that was last year.
    Davao is now getting to be a busy airport and there are new young immigration officers.
    So with the cost of flying these days even throw away tickets are expensive.

Thread Information