Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Well done ATE!

Well done ATE!

My 11 year old stepdaughter came here two years ago with English very much as her second language. She came to a new country, a new school and was the new girl in an already established class. She had time just to attend year 5 and 6 in Primary school but she still got a grade 4 in all of her sats test results. This is only an average result I know, but I saw on the news that one third of the kids taking the tests never even got that.

So well done to you Ate! and good luck in the big school in September!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenky View Post
    My 11 year old stepdaughter came here two years ago with English very much as her second language. She came to a new country, a new school and was the new girl in an already established class. She had time just to attend year 5 and 6 in Primary school but she still got a grade 4 in all of her sats test results. This is only an average result I know, but I saw on the news that one third of the kids taking the tests never even got that.

So well done to you Ate! and good luck in the big school in September!
    Well done ATE!

... that's a remarkable achievement! BIG Congratulations to your stepdaughter.

well done ATA, hope your dad brought you something nice for all your hard work

Cost me an IPOD and hours of time ripping Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber, Hanah Montana songs etc to put on it!!

hours of time, i bet the kids could have done that in minutes, we are just to old to master those things

Yeah shes up and running on her own now! Still good experience for me with Itunes! got my own ipod now and full of Depeche Mode and Metallica..For some reason she doesnt like this?? Kids of today eh!

snap, only point is i cant add no more to mine , i seem to add new but delete the old , so i just listen to the same old stuff

well done to her, my stepdughter been in the uk 7yrs now, spoke little english when she came, but thats all she speaks now, she start secondary school in sept
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Great achievement well done
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Thanks to everybody for their kind words...

I was worried when she came here that it would be hard for her with different language, food, school, leaving all her friends behind etc. I thought that maybe it could become a problem in my relationship with my wife. But shes blown that out of the water. She eats the same good old English food as me, including chicken baltis in the curry house! and has lots of new friends at school.
    But my wife and our own daughter (the little one in the picture) will still mostly only eat Filipino food!

congratulations
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Never underestimate the adaptability and development potential of children. Especially those in nuturing environment.
    It's a credit to the whole family.

Well done Ate
    its great to hear that kids settles here very well (including the weather)..my daughter corrects me with my slang sometimes ..we are also looking forward and excited for the BIG school (next year)

goodluck and hope kids enjoy their summer holiday
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Well done

I have a similar situation that my step son will arrive here soon and will start year 4 in September.

Can I ask if you think we need to bring any school reports or other documents from his old school to show his new school?

really good to read this post as i could relay as well my only problem is as much i want my kids to adopt the life and culture here(UK) specially the language seems my eldest completly forgotten(they all born in Philippines) ages 6,3, and and 2.. a year of missing the PH life and culture....but with school they seems all settled

Thread Information