Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Kuya Allen

Kuya Allen

Hi my name is Kuya Allen, so named by Ambassador Cesar Bautista & 100's of Filipino Nurses and Carers that I have rescued/kidnapped from hell in the UK into good ethical employment. I'm a Registered Nurse and I work for UNISON.

I'm active in the UK Filipino Community and I'm the Deputy Chapter Commander of the South London Knights of Rizal

ola

london well away from those people up norf
    Welcome Kuya allen im sure you have much to give to this site, hope you enjoy your time here on the site

maBuhaY & weLcome

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Respected Member
    Hello! Welcome Po!

no wonder UNISON memebership has shot up to 1.5 million !!!! with the 100s of pinoys you've saved.

'rescued/kidnapped from hell in the UK into good ethical employment' what about the english carers !! their on minimum pay, so are millions of others

if your talking about NHS, my pinoy wife works for the NHS, she only works 5 hours a day, and usually has a dinner hour, leaves early, has 28 days hols + bank hols, pension scheme, yearly increase in her wage, + other benefits,,,,

i work 8:30 to 5:30, not had a pay increase for 2 years, get 21 days hols, no pension scheme, no benefits.. and i dont get much more pay than my wife

so how about helping and saving me

Quote Originally Posted by mitch View Post
    Hello! Welcome Po!
    Hi Mitch, being an Irishman, my unstanding of Tagalog is linited, please resend your message in English. Salamat po. Kuya Allen
    (edited by Rob: forum software wont allow any posts containing links or email addresses if you have a post count of 15 or less, so I've reproduced it here: )
    unison20048 AT AOL DOT COM

Banned
    Oh my goodness! I have 3 niece nurses who are wanting to come and work here but I have some worries now awwwwwwwwww!

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    Oh my goodness! I have 3 niece nurses who are wanting to come and work here but I have some worries now awwwwwwwwww!
    the gov had made it so certain types of nurses now need a work permit, which they would not get if a european could do the job ?

http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/band5n6_qa.shtml

Tell you niece's nursing in the UKm is under extreme presuure, even UK Idigenous nurses are losing jobs, overseas nurses are being told that contracts will not be renewed

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya Allen View Post
    Tell you niece's nursing in the UKm is under extreme presuure, even UK Idigenous nurses are losing jobs, overseas nurses are being told that contracts will not be renewed
    Many nursing students i read and hear are still waiting for a job also.

So if even an increase in junior nurses posts in future, i guess the local nurses will take up the surplus?

The NHS is in an absolute mess, as a UNISON Branch Secretary, I'm dealing with nurses and support staff most days who being placed at risk, many have given long service to the NHS, many are the bread winners of the family. The whole scenario causes me sleepless nights and heartache, there seems no light at the end of the tunnel.

not just nurses, doctors to have been by the gov, an organasation that represents indian doctors have already taken the gov to the high court, and are waiting for an appeal hearing in the Royal court of Justice in October*2007, as a change in the rules UK & EEA citizens get first priority in employment.

I guess most of the problem is due to european law so technically not that much the british courts can do and if it goes to the european court i doubt they will go agaisnt themselves?

i think the problem with non euro doctors are those who are SHO's - senior house officers, which immigration classed these jobs as training, so you didnt need a work permit, the gov changed the rules virtually over night, so those non euro doctors who were working here, and preparing to work here ( taking plab exams) were basically overnight, the org that represents indian docs (prob effecting indians docs more than anyone else) are challenging the descison saying that there was no proper consultation or period of adjustment. but the reason the gov did it, was when there was a shortage of docs here, the gov encouraged docs from outside of europe to work here, and at the same time told the med schools here to take on more student docs, those extra student docs are now having a problem finding jobs, so the gov changed the rules by no longer classing it as training, so now they need a work permit, but with the brits and euro docs with priority they are

not a nice thnig to do. morally they should have given them a period of notice. sure you have protect your own docs and jobs, as they gov cannot stop euro docs, they stopped the non euro ones.

and what they've done to the docs they may well do the same to non euro nurses.

Sadly i cant see anything else happening regarding the non euro nurses. From what i read about those students that are trained and cant get a post plus the euro qualfied nurses and the fact many trusts are crazily being told to reduce staff levels its not looking good

EEC Nurses

You may be interested that at present we have 3.500 nurses from the new member European Countries undertaking Adaptation Courses in the UK to be able to work as Registered Nurses in the UK.

Of course once one has UK NMC Registration, it opens many doors to other Countries, especially the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and indeed many of the Western Countries of the ECC

Thread Information