Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Police clearance for someone who work abroad..Is it necessary??

Hello everyone..I am currently working abroad but I am planning to go home this month to apply for a spouse visa..Do I need a police clearance from here since I have been living here for 4 years? My friend who applied for US spouse visa ( I know every embassy has different roles) was required to provide one and the embassy told her that the police station here should be the one to send it to the US embassy. I am planning to get one before I leave to be sure but I am still worried they might not accept the one that I got personally. So if there is someone who experienced like this before please let me know po. I am trying to call the VFS but I can't connect. :( Thanks

I assume that you are in Thailand legally as yoiu have been working there four years so I imagine that you can ask for a police clerance report, you may to have it authenticated by your local Philippine Embassy but someone here may know for sure. You are applying for spouse visa but your status is engaged, are you marrying in the Phils before applying?
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Hi Scott and Ligaya..Yes, I do have NON B visa here and work permit. However, it will expire this Sept 30 and when I called VFS-Thailand, the officer told me I should have at least 3 months allowance in my visa. hehe..I am now officially married-last April 25. (Forgot to change my status) Got almost all the necessary papers. Just waiting for the English test exam and will lodge in the application hopefully on Aug 22...Thanks for the advice..Authentication in Phil Embassy didnt come in my mind..

well some sort of overcheck is usually required as it is easy to get a false document throughout South East Asia.. a member here though her husband to be was divorced from his Thai wife.. turns out she fashioned a false divorce document
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Wahhhhh...I heard you can get divorce paper here in 5 minutes and just pay like 50 pesos...Dunno if its true tho....But I agree,...I will follow your advice to have it authenticated...Marriage cert is not a problem coz we got married in the Phils...

Thread Information