Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

BT ordered to block links to Newzbin 2 website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14322957

i wonder how far this will go, start of censorship of the net? , what about article 8 - Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence.

it amazes me that these judges find in favor of people who have broken the law in immigration cases and burglars not going to prison because they have kids, because of article 8, yet they allow BT to censor up to 6 million people gaining access to a web site

it will slow things down for users, and will not stop them accessing it anyway, proxies and VPN's can still be used.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I love stuff like this so easy to get around.
    You can still access pirate bay if you so wish

I take it BT will be appealing this, as it is no different than asking the Royal Mail to stop people ordering illegal drugs via post.

It has taken over a year for the industry to get this case as far as it has against one site, so how long for other sites, surely they have to go through the courts for each, plus P2P, file storage, newsgroups, etc ..... they could solve the piracy problems for selling films at say £2 a download themselves instead of screwing us, as it's proved with music, price it right and people will pay.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I take it BT will be appealing this, as it is no different than asking the Royal Mail to stop people ordering illegal drugs via post.

It has taken over a year for the industry to get this case as far as it has against one site, so how long for other sites, surely they have to go through the courts for each, plus P2P, file storage, newsgroups, etc ..... they could solve the piracy problems for selling films at say £2 a download themselves instead of screwing us, as it's proved with music, price it right and people will pay.
    Yes I'm with you on that Keith,make em cheap enough and people will happily buy them,a few hardcore will always download but people like the real gear in the case etc.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14322957

, what about article 8 - Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence.

You ought to know Joe that only applies to failed asylum seekers, illegal immigrants and convicted criminals (particularly the family life bit).

I really miss the music sharing sites and was a great fan of Napster then Kazaar and the last was Limewire and had a great collection of tracks that I couldn`t get any other way as they weren`t on sale. Stuff like early bluebeat..Derrick (Morgan) and Patsy(Todd) or early Jackie Edwards, a lot of stuff just not available.

Sadly most of it was lost due to computer failure and no backups.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post

BT and the Motion Picture Association (MPA), which brought the case, will be back in court in October to work out how the blocking will work. BT said it will not appeal the ruling.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Get virgin they are not bothered

Thread Information