Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Well done Belgium - Burka banned from today

BRUSSELS, July 23 (UPI) -- A ban against women wearing Muslim burqas and niqabs that cover their faces went into effect in Belgium Saturday.

The new law carries a penalty on conviction of a $200 fine or as much as a week in jail, Deutsche Welle reported.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-Ne...#ixzz1Sw9Uiq3X

Trusted Member
    Agree.

... is it REALLY all that important? I mean ... take a "look at the face" of the young man arrested for the shootings in Oslo ...

... his only "disguise" was a police uniform!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... is it REALLY all that important? I mean ... take a "look at the face" of the young man arrested for the shootings in Oslo ...

... his only "disguise" was a police uniform!
    That Somali creature who shot the WPC in Bradford escaped the country under a Burka as I think have Muslim extremists so in my book it is very important that people can't walk about with their faces concealed in public.

If they want to get this sort of stone age garb on in the privacy of their own homes the it is up to them but certainly not publicly in a 21st Century Western Democracy

Trusted Member
    How on earth can this be acceptable in our society of 'equality' ...quite apart from any 'security' issues ?

What a bunch of hypocritical cringing fools we have running our country.

This sort of primitive nonsense is what feeds right wing extremists like the Norwegian murderer.

i would rather ban the wearing of lycra on overweight women
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    If they want to get this sort of stone age garb on in the privacy of their own homes the it is up to them but certainly not publicly in a 21st Century Western Democracy
    do you wear your chelsea top only at home

If I cant wear a motorbike helmet or balaclava when entering a bank why should an islamic female be able to wear a burka?Its an extreme example but perfectly reasonable,burkas are for repressing women,they really do have no other use whatsoever other than to keep your woman private and under control,good on Belgium,when do we ban it?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    If I cant wear a motorbike helmet or balaclava when entering a bank why should an islamic female be able to wear a burka?Its an extreme example but perfectly reasonable,burkas are for repressing women,they really do have no other use whatsoever other than to keep your woman private and under control,good on Belgium,when do we ban it?
    if your wearing a burka you can be asked to remove it, cant see what the fuss is about.

i wonder if jews will be asked to shave next?

I KNEW you would take the bait BAB
    Shaving isnt an analogy at all,hair growth is natural,a burka isnt
    An islamic female entering a bank isnt asked to remove her veil,not in the UK,we are far too limp-wristed,as Ded pointed out thats why WPC Beshenivsky's killer Mustaf Jama donned a burka to walk unchallenged through Heathrow,the face veil has no use in this country whatsoever,when in rome respect the country your in and its values,get rid of the burka here

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    if your wearing a burka you can be asked to remove it, cant see what the fuss is about.

i wonder if jews will be asked to shave next?
    Not a lot of point in asking an escaped bank robber or terrorist to remove it is there ?

I KNEW you would take the bait BAB
    same old topic being spammed in this forum thou, whats the fuss all about

Not a lot of point in asking an escaped bank robber or terrorist to remove it is there ?
    how many have you seen or been reported in the news

Off the top of my head I can think of 2 robberies carried out by guys wearing Burkas,one was actually on TV,maybe crimewatch a long time back

Banned
    Because you can't see them ?

Banned
    Robber dons burka in Bury jeweller's shop raid

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/8665315.stm

Three arrests in Burnley armed robbery probe

11:01am Wednesday 29th June 2011

THREE men have been arrested in connection with an armed robbery at a Burnley jewellers where one of the thieves was dressed in a burka.

The men, aged 19, 24, 26, were arrested in Bolton yesterday morning.

The robbery happened at Muzzaffar Jewellers in Brougham Street, Burnley on February 19, this year.

The shop owner was duped into opening the locked door by someone ringing the shop bell dressed in a burka.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...robbery_probe/

Just did a quick search,there are quite a few Burka Bandits actually

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...es-stolen.html

Because you can't see them ?
    exactly my point, show me the facts...according to tawi we have 2 yes just 2 reported crimes being committed wearing a burka, i think we should ban the wearing of the burka at the utmost of importance

according to tawi we have 2
    Thats incorrect i said off the top of my head i can THINK of two,there are lots more,i remember some in paris as well

thats correct you posted 2 crimes

btw are we going to ban the burka because a crime is committed in paris.

we all know why we want the burka banned and it as nothing to do with crime.

Banned
    exactly my point, show me the facts...according to tawi we have 2 yes just 2 reported crimes being committed wearing a burka, i think we should ban the wearing of the burka at the utmost of importance
    Jury sees 21 July London Bomber 'burka escape'

CCTV images of one of the 21 July bomb suspects apparently fleeing London in a Muslim veil have been shown in court.

The jury at Woolwich Crown Court saw footage of Yassin Omar, 26, wearing a black full-length dress and burka with a handbag over his arm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6378863.stm

Here's my view.
    Ban the burka by all means, but also ban motorbike helmets, unless you're actually riding a motorbike and ban balaclava's, hoodies and scarves over the face etc etc in any designated or pedestrianised area.
    That seems fair to me.

thats correct you posted 2 crimes
    Would you like me to post some more

Would you like me to post some more
    post as many as you like, still no reason to ban it.

At the end of the day it serves one function only,thats to stop other guys looking at your wifes face and make her anonymous,thats it,simples it doesnt belong in a modern civilised country(and this country is indeed civilised compared to the likes of pakistan and afghanistan) I always adhere to the policy when in rome we no longer subjugate women in this country,burkas dont really have a place in a civilised society,what are they going to claim as their right next?Female circumcision?

live and let live, i agree with what you say but theres far more things i would like to ban before the burka

Trusted Member
    post as many as you like, still no reason to ban it.

So whats the purpose of a burqa BAB?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

all alone in a room full of grumpy old men, agree

So whats the purpose of a burqa BAB?
    to be honest....im not that interested but what interests me why would anyone want it banned, by banning it what will it stop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information